News Wests Tigers poach Bulldogs defensive coach

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wests Tigers poach Bulldogs defensive coach

By:
Buzz Rothfield

The Wests Tigers may have won the wooden spoon but their rebuild under mastermind Tim Sheens has already begun in dramatic fashion, securing the prized signature of renowned Canterbury Bulldogs defence coach David Furner. Furner's resume speaks for itself - responsible for the Bulldog's defensive record in 2021 (30ppg) and 2022 (24ppg) under former coach Trent Barrett. In what represents a major blow to Phil Gould and incoming coach Cameron Ciraldo, the club is now scrambling to identify a suitable replacement. Rugby league commentators and pundits believe that Sheens has outplayed Gould in many respects and the old Canberra combination will look to begin the Tiger's premiership assault for the upcoming season. Canterbury will need a miracle to resolve their predicted defensive woes after Furner's departure.

1662621044675.png
“I’ve known David for a very long time, and I know that he is not only a quality person but has an extremely sharp football mind,” said Sheens. "Like Benji and Robbie, David knows what success looks like, and I’m confident he will be a major asset to this club.” Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe is equally excited about Furner joining the club. “We welcome David and his family to Wests Tigers and look forward to his contribution to our organisation over the coming years,” said Pascoe.

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One must seriously question the journalism behind:

“Furner's resume speaks for itself - responsible for the Bulldog's defensive record in 2021 (30ppg) and 2022 (24ppg)”

Last time I checked that defensive record was considered putred.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great signing by the Tigers. Helps to ensure they continue to compete hard for their coveted wooden spoon.

I also can't wait for the players to follow Robbie Farah's role modelling and start whinging incessantly about the coaches.