Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Weidler

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has Gallen possibly coming to us as an assistant coach of sorts next year and some info on green/foran

Green power
The insult to Kieran Foran could not be greater: a player who left Trent Barrett in the lurch at Manly, Blake Green, replacing him at the Bulldogs. Three years older than Foran and with a torn ACL, Green’s signing begs further investigation.

When he was at Manly, new Bulldogs coach Barrett leaned heavily on Green for guidance. I’ve been told Barrett would ask Green what one of his former coaches, Craig Bellamy, would do.

Green has a desire to coach one day and if talks have not already started for an assistant role at the Bulldogs, they will.

Nine gives Gal OK to chase coaching job

Former Blues and Sharks skipper Paul Gallen is missing football, but he is not about to make a playing comeback at the age of 39.

Instead, he is keen to involve himself in the game again and take the first steps on a path that may one day land him in the coaches’ box, either as a head coach or an assistant. And it may not be with the Sharks. Gallen has a prime role as a leading expert on the Nine commentary team.

He is front and centre on 100% Footy, where he goes head-to-head with Phil Gould, and is on several other sport panel shows. His work with Nine – which owns this masthead – is his priority, but he held talks during the week with Nine’s head of football, Simon Fordham, to see if he could return to the football world.

Fordham has given Gallen the green light to explore his options and when he lands on a job, his Nine role can be discussed then. Gallen’s level of involvement could depend on the strength of the NRL bubble next year.

Sam Burgess is an assistant coach at Souths and has put that job ahead of his Fox commitments. Gallen had a role with the Sharks this year, but was excluded from that once COVID-19 hit. There is no question the Sharks would be his first priority but, if that was not an option, he would have no hesitation looking around.

Gallen played with Trent Barrett at the Sharks and, if he looked beyond his former club, that would be an obvious place to start.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We only want an experienced half for 1 year. Foran knocked it back.... If Foran said yes we probably wouldn't of signed green. What's so hard to understand. Foran knocked back the offer, so we didnt insult him at all.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Weidler is the king of shit dribbling in my opinion. Rumour has it the only time he gets a scoop is right after he takes a shit. And he's quick to consume that scoop once again.

I'll be a very pissed of fan if peptide Paul is associated with our club in any way.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You would think Gallen would coach at Cronulla if he went down that road. Don't read too much into anything Weidler says.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This should pop up on 100% footy tomorrow, Gallen and Weidler are regulars.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Weidler tries to portray this in a negative light imo. However I find it great that a coach would lean on his 7 for ideas so long as he's the right type of player (eg. Not Lewis lol). Its way better than having someone like Des just telling our halves to play wide, don't kick inside opp 20 on the last and let the forwards dictate play lol

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Weidler tries to portray this in a negative light imo. However I find it great that a coach would lean on his 7 for ideas so long as he's the right type of player (eg. Not Lewis lol). Its way better than having someone like Des just telling our halves to play wide, don't kick inside opp 20 on the last and let the forwards dictate play lol
Absolutely mate, you don’t think Cronk was giving Robinson pointers at the Roosters?

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Has Gallen possibly coming to us as an assistant coach of sorts next year and some info on green/foran

Green power
The insult to Kieran Foran could not be greater: a player who left Trent Barrett in the lurch at Manly, Blake Green, replacing him at the Bulldogs. Three years older than Foran and with a torn ACL, Green’s signing begs further investigation.

When he was at Manly, new Bulldogs coach Barrett leaned heavily on Green for guidance. I’ve been told Barrett would ask Green what one of his former coaches, Craig Bellamy, would do.

Green has a desire to coach one day and if talks have not already started for an assistant role at the Bulldogs, they will.

Former Blues and Sharks skipper Paul Gallen is missing football, but he is not about to make a playing comeback at the age of 39.

Instead, he is keen to involve himself in the game again and take the first steps on a path that may one day land him in the coaches’ box, either as a head coach or an assistant. And it may not be with the Sharks. Gallen has a prime role as a leading expert on the Nine commentary team.

He is front and centre on 100% Footy, where he goes head-to-head with Phil Gould, and is on several other sport panel shows. His work with Nine – which owns this masthead – is his priority, but he held talks during the week with Nine’s head of football, Simon Fordham, to see if he could return to the football world.

Fordham has given Gallen the green light to explore his options and when he lands on a job, his Nine role can be discussed then. Gallen’s level of involvement could depend on the strength of the NRL bubble next year.

Sam Burgess is an assistant coach at Souths and has put that job ahead of his Fox commitments. Gallen had a role with the Sharks this year, but was excluded from that once COVID-19 hit. There is no question the Sharks would be his first priority but, if that was not an option, he would have no hesitation looking around.

Gallen played with Trent Barrett at the Sharks and, if he looked beyond his former club, that would be an obvious place to start.
Both Gallen and Weidler, can go and f..k each other

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Everyone is off a bit.

A. We did insult Foran with a low ball offer. He deserves better.
B. Signing Green is good, but not at Forans expense.
C. If Gallen wants to coach, no reason for it to be at Sharks. It doesnt really work like that. Our own Terry Lamb coached tigers. Hasler coached us. Legend as a player doesn't seem to mean anything in ten coaches realm. It's just where there is an opening.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Green power

1. Weasel is an A grade wanker.
2. We signed Green BEFORE he did an ACL
3. Gallen looking for a head job BEFORE he has done ANY coaching?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just no. Sign Gallen and I WILL sever all support for the Dogs.
Don’t think I could ever sever my tether to the Dogs and I’d bleed blue and white in the process anyway :-). Can only hope our club would be smart enough to not go near this grub. I’d want him at Belmore as much as I would Flanagan - so, er - not at all.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
i think its both the best and the most moral thing to start coaching in massey or the juniors before being talked about first grade.
an assistant as part of a retirementy deal is ok though, im talking Head C.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Everyone is off a bit.

A. We did insult Foran with a low ball offer. He deserves better.
B. Signing Green is good, but not at Forans expense.
C. If Gallen wants to coach, no reason for it to be at Sharks. It doesnt really work like that. Our own Terry Lamb coached tigers. Hasler coached us. Legend as a player doesn't seem to mean anything in ten coaches realm. It's just where there is an opening.
you are a dumb ****, we offered foran a great deal, he didnt want it, he wants 3 years.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
you are a dumb c***, we offered foran a great deal, he didnt want it, he wants 3 years.
Im not a dumb C.
We did NOT offer Foran a great deal. We offered him an insulting deal, that involved witholding momey from him that is still included in the cap.