Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Im not a dumb C.
We did NOT offer Foran a great deal. We offered him an insulting deal, that involved witholding momey from him that is still included in the cap.
you are a dumb **** and we offered him the same money he is demanding but not the term, no one is going to sign him on a 3 year deal. He was offered incentives if he stayed fit, pretty fucking obviuos with his record

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
you are a dumb c*** and we offered him the same money he is demanding but not the term, no one is going to sign him on a 3 year deal. He was offered incentives if he stayed fit, pretty fucking obviuos with his record
Still not a dumb C, just the smartest poster in this thread in the last 5 minutes.

If we wanted to offer him an incentive deal that didnt involve insult or cruelty, we would have offered him a straight deal with a games clause to activate year 2.

Otherwise you are just withholding cash from him for the sake of it.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Still not a dumb C, just the smartest poster in this thread in the last 5 minutes.

If we wanted to offer him an incentive deal that didnt involve insult or cruelty, we would have offered him a straight deal with a games clause to activate year 2.

Otherwise you are just withholding cash from him for the sake of it.
you are a grade one fuckwit seriously , dumbest person on this site and that is saying something

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
you are a grade one fuckwit seriously , dumbest person on this site and that is saying something
So I explain to you reason and logic, and you just swear when your points are nullified.

You jumped in the ring with me and I outboxed you, but here's the kicker, I never wanted to box you in the first place. I came with love in my heart and you snarled at me like the devil.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Everyone is off a bit.

A. We did insult Foran with a low ball offer. He deserves better.
B. Signing Green is good, but not at Forans expense.
C. If Gallen wants to coach, no reason for it to be at Sharks. It doesnt really work like that. Our own Terry Lamb coached tigers. Hasler coached us. Legend as a player doesn't seem to mean anything in ten coaches realm. It's just where there is an opening.
Foran has been getting obscene money for doing fuck all for the past few seasons. Perhaps he should do the right thing and not demand top dollar/overly long contract from a club that he has basically been receiving dole handouts from. Provide some semblance of value for money.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran has been getting obscene money for doing fuck all for the past few seasons. Perhaps he should do the right thing and not demand top dollar/overly long contract from a club that he has basically been receiving dole handouts from.
he is dreaming for 3 years but when hes on the field he's a sensation.
its not his fault he was paid so much, thats Dibs fault. We could have signed him for 600 which is what we all speculated at the time.

i see nothin wronf with a small low risk two year effort, wotrt case hes injured, best case he crushes souls

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not a dumb C.
We did NOT offer Foran a great deal. We offered him an insulting deal, that involved witholding momey from him that is still included in the cap.
Can you at least explain this "Insulting deal" and "withholding money" bits please. would love to hear the facts and the $ involved.
Your spelling is not much better than mine BTW.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Im not a dumb C.
We offered Foran a deal based on him being injury prone and done nothing in the 3 years he was with us.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So he is dumber than his aliases. So who are you saying is in contention as one of the dumbest. :laughing:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A fit and firing Foran is an asset to any club. Problem right now is that he's got mental demons about his ability to stay on the field. A long term deal might have allowed him to get past those demons with a feeling of stability. But the issue for the club is that it ties up money for longer than we'd want. He seems pretty insistent that he'll try to return from any injury as opposed to being willing to retire regardless of whether it harms the club or not.

If the cap does get reduced as speculation implies it will, 400k over three years becomes a bigger deal than you want tied up in a player who's shown few signs of becoming more durable over time.

Whether or not Green is a good investment, it's a deal that ends in a year. We can look for a replacement over the next 12 months or renew if he's offering value for money.

Once again I'll say that Weidler is a perpetual shit dribbler and I think that relatively few players give him the time of day. So even if a one year deal on more moderate money was an insult to Foran, and the signing of Green added further insult, I doubt that Foran said so to Weidler. Can we move on from this discussion?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you at least explain this "Insulting deal" and "withholding money" bits please. would love to hear the facts and the $ involved.
Your spelling is not much better than mine BTW.
I did explain it somewhere but begs it of the doubt to you you didn't see it.

He was offered a deal of 350 + 100 if he played a certain amount of games.

It's insulting for a few reasons.
Firstly, there's almost an insinuation he's getting injured or kissing games on purposes.

Secondly, and way more importantly. That extra 100 goes to the Salary cap regardless. It's cruel to not pass that onto the player. 350 is too low for a player like Foran. But I repeat. 450 goes to the cap.

I understand there needs to be safeguards. But like I've said 100 times. Isn't it much more better and less insulting rather to withhold money from him, say that there's a second year activates if he plays enough games?
That's incentive enough to stay healthy

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has Gallen possibly coming to us as an assistant coach of sorts next year and some info on green/foran

Green power
The insult to Kieran Foran could not be greater: a player who left Trent Barrett in the lurch at Manly, Blake Green, replacing him at the Bulldogs. Three years older than Foran and with a torn ACL, Green’s signing begs further investigation.

When he was at Manly, new Bulldogs coach Barrett leaned heavily on Green for guidance. I’ve been told Barrett would ask Green what one of his former coaches, Craig Bellamy, would do.

Green has a desire to coach one day and if talks have not already started for an assistant role at the Bulldogs, they will.

Nine gives Gal OK to chase coaching job

Former Blues and Sharks skipper Paul Gallen is missing football, but he is not about to make a playing comeback at the age of 39.

Instead, he is keen to involve himself in the game again and take the first steps on a path that may one day land him in the coaches’ box, either as a head coach or an assistant. And it may not be with the Sharks. Gallen has a prime role as a leading expert on the Nine commentary team.

He is front and centre on 100% Footy, where he goes head-to-head with Phil Gould, and is on several other sport panel shows. His work with Nine – which owns this masthead – is his priority, but he held talks during the week with Nine’s head of football, Simon Fordham, to see if he could return to the football world.

Fordham has given Gallen the green light to explore his options and when he lands on a job, his Nine role can be discussed then. Gallen’s level of involvement could depend on the strength of the NRL bubble next year.

Sam Burgess is an assistant coach at Souths and has put that job ahead of his Fox commitments. Gallen had a role with the Sharks this year, but was excluded from that once COVID-19 hit. There is no question the Sharks would be his first priority but, if that was not an option, he would have no hesitation looking around.

Gallen played with Trent Barrett at the Sharks and, if he looked beyond his former club, that would be an obvious place to start.
I refuse to read it...
Can't believe some people still read Danny's Wildling shit !

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I did explain it somewhere but begs it of the doubt to you you didn't see it.

He was offered a deal of 350 + 100 if he played a certain amount of games.

It's insulting for a few reasons.
Firstly, there's almost an insinuation he's getting injured or kissing games on purposes.

Secondly, and way more importantly. That extra 100 goes to the Salary cap regardless. It's cruel to not pass that onto the player. 350 is too low for a player like Foran. But I repeat. 450 goes to the cap.

I understand there needs to be safeguards. But like I've said 100 times. Isn't it much more better and less insulting rather to withhold money from him, say that there's a second year activates if he plays enough games?
That's incentive enough to stay healthy
450 doesn’t go to the cap.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
450 doesn’t go to the cap.
I think it does, I remember reading incentivised contracts are added to the cap at the maximum possible payout figure, changed in the last few years I think.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it does, I remember reading incentivised contracts are added to the cap at the maximum possible payout figure, changed in the last few years I think.
Someone posted the rule saying the incentive is based on NRL opinion of likelihood. Forans been injured for like 10 weeks every year for the past 5 years so I’d say NRL would assume he will be injured again

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Someone posted the rule saying the incentive is based on NRL opinion of likelihood. Forans been injured for like 10 weeks every year for the past 5 years so I’d say NRL would assume he will be injured again
Cheers, you're spot on with that.

"Other bonuses – Any other bonus contained in a player's contract will be calculated in the Salary Cap if the NRL Salary Cap Auditor expects him to achieve the bonus based on his prior year's performance. "