Opinion We need our own home ground stadium

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
There is nothing like a 25 thousand seated home ground stadium. I know it’s about the bottom dollar these days, however, we are the fans and our bums on seats also pay the bills. We need our own home ground stadium!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The game needs to move past this one stadium per team shit.

The Western Sydney stadium should be Parra, Tigers and our home ground. It is a frigging awesome stadium and it does not make sense for it to be just Parras.

I mean I would love our own version, but it just is not cost effective. Belmore sucks ass (it is fine for us vs Melbourne or Cowboys but not for most games) and ANZ sucks ass but if we don't manage to get to use Western Sydney, those are our only 2 options.

We will never get our own ver of Western Sydney, there is no room in Belmore so we are stuck with ANZ :/

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score

The Western Sydney stadium should be Parra, Tigers and our home ground. It is a frigging awesome stadium and it does not make sense for it to be just Parras.

I mean I would love our own version, but it just is not cost effective. Belmore sucks ass (it is fine for us vs Melbourne or Cowboys but not for most games) and ANZ sucks ass but if we don't manage to get to use Western Sydney, those are our only 2 options.

We will never get our own ver of Western Sydney, there is no room in Belmore so we are stuck with ANZ :/
No room in Belmore?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
No room in Belmore?
You really think they could fit a 25k capacity stadium there and parking? I just don't see how it is possible. The area the Western Sydney stadium takes up is pretty damn big and that stadium only has parkland around it. Belmore is surrounded by a train line and houses.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Not that i want to follow AFL, but they seem to handle ground sharing well. There are even big clubs in Euro soccer that share grounds.

My only issue with the new Western Sydney Stadium is its proximity to Parra Leagues... come on G, we know you're biased as you live in Parra :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely we do.

If it weren't for a slimey disgruntled employee blabbing to the Herald, we would have had our own stadium for the past 15 years.

I agree, the new stadium should be for everyone, especially when developed with state funding.

Parra and Canterbury have both shared Belmore and Parramatta stadium throughout the years. There's no reason that can't happen again. Even though Parra is a hole, it would be better than ANZ.

Last edited:

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You really think they could fit a 25k capacity stadium there and parking? I just don't see how it is possible. The area the Western Sydney stadium takes up is pretty damn big and that stadium only has parkland around it. Belmore is surrounded by a train line and houses.
Very easily!

The current stadium (length wise of the field) is facing North to South.

You build West to East with plenty of parking!

But i agree its never going to happen

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Very easily!

The current stadium (length wise of the field) is facing North to South.

You build West to East with plenty of parking!

But i agree its never going to happen
You want to build an east/west stadium? There is a reason why they rarely exist.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Belmore was fine 20 years ago when there wasn't the urban sprawl and interest in league there is today.

Try packing even 10,000 cars around Belmore for a game and it's a nightmare.

At ANZ whilst it can cope with that number, theres an hour to get out of the carpark after a game, and a soul-less atmosphere inside the venue.

On one hand a venue that's too small to cater for modern day fans but has an atmosphere (despite losing all games there in recent times).
On the other hand is a massive venue that can cater for modern day fans but has zero atmosphere.

If Western Sydney stadium can find a happy medium I see no reason why not to use it.

Leichardt despite it's flaws still works as a venue, as does (dare I say) Brookvale. Panthers and Central Coast Stadiums as well.

Unless Rugby League games are getting over 25-30k every week, suburban grounds still make sense. Better to have an atmosphere crammed full house, than a 20% filled soul-less stadium.

That said, Belmore Sports Ground doesn't have the facilities re parking that other suburban grounds do.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not that i want to follow AFL, but they seem to handle ground sharing well. There are even big clubs in Euro soccer that share grounds.

My only issue with the new Western Sydney Stadium is its proximity to Parra Leagues... come on G, we know you're biased as you live in Parra :grinning:
Just get Canterbury Leagues to buy out Parra Leagues and rebrand it (like Panthers / Wests group do). :D

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think that’s the last of our worries at this time

Wouldn’t mind sharing parra new stadium but the board and current management have bigger fish to fry

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whys that cupcake?

Im sure the designers and builders of Wembley would be intrigued
If you look up into the sky in the daytime, you will see this big yellow ball that might have something to do with it, cupcake.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would be amazing for us to have our own 22k-25k stadium, nothing I'd want more, I've visited so many stadiums across Europe and one of the most incredible things you see is that even when a team is out of form or just crap in general the fans still have a great time because of the spectacular atmosphere thats created. I hate going to Nrl games at ANZ, it sucks so bad, the stadium looks completely empty all the time.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you look up into the sky in the daytime, you will see this big yellow ball that might have something to do with it, cupcake.
It looks like that big yellow ball has blinded your thoughts

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It would be amazing for us to have our own 22k-25k stadium, nothing I'd want more, I've visited so many stadiums across Europe and one of the most incredible things you see is that even when a team is out of form or just crap in general the fans still have a great time because of the spectacular atmosphere thats created. I hate going to Nrl games at ANZ, it sucks so bad, the stadium looks completely empty all the time.
5th division premier league and bundesliga teams have better stadiums than what we have here

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just did a rough mockup, and it'd be far too tight.

The old Parra stadium was about 25,000m2 STADIUM ONLY.
The below is roughly 26,000m2 STADIUM ONLY.

Then you have parking considerations. The surrounding streets couldn't cope even if the bowling club area or Peter Moore fields were turned into say 5 storey carparks.

Add to that it'd be far too close to Edison Lane homes to get planning / development approval.

Edison lane would need to be 2 lanes each way feeding both carparks, which then reduces the stadium width so it wouldn't fit.

upload_2019-3-19_23-14-30.png

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just an idea lol , but if it does happen one-day can yah add a train platform beside the stadium .

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely we do.

If it weren't for a slimey disgruntled employee blabbing to the Herald, we would have had our own stadium for the past 15 years.

I agree, the new stadium should be for everyone, especially when developed with state funding.

Parra and Canterbury have both shared Belmore and Parramatta stadium throughout the years. There's no reason that can't happen again. Even though Parra is a hole, it would be better than ANZ.
It's a real shame the Oasis project fell through in such dramatic circumstances. It screwed us up for a long time.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Having own stadium is a big luxury.. I would prefer for us just to starting winning and competing for the premiership..