Opinion We need NAS

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Really shouldn’t be talking about NAS on a day we should be venerating my return.
Could waited a few days in all honesty to post this @bradyk

Since we here. Should forget NAS.
If NAS wants to stay in league it’ll be with the Storm because they’ll pay him since the Dolphins hurts their forward pack this season.
Unless of course we go over and beyond and offer him Lebanese type money in which case he wouldn’t be worth it as he’s old and that sum would need to be 800k and more.

what is much smarter if you need a similar player is to make a big play at JWH.
Roosters don’t want him it sees and he’s going to Catalans people are saying.
Throw him 600 large and you’ll largely get the same sort of player at 70% the price
I was upset you didn't @ me in your return thread.

If Storm can compete with an 800-900k 4 year offer or he goes to Rugby then as long as we had a shot that's cool by me. That would mean there's nothing more we could of done.

JWH too old and injury prone. If he wants to play on he's probably going to go get the bag over in the Super League.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol @ 800k five years ago maybe , but not now he’s coming to the end of his run like nashweed.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol @ 800k five years ago maybe , but not now he’s coming to the end of his run like nashweed.
NAS is entering his peak now. He's already an elite forward.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
NAS is entering his peak now. He's already an elite forward.
Nope , he peaked two years ago and while he’s still playing good football he will be more injury prone over the next two years , he’s on the decline. Paying 800k for props past their used by date is what fucked us in the first place.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I think it was Gus who didn't like the idea of clubs spending big money on props. He believe's that type of money is reserved for the playmakers.
Back when there was 18 interchanges no need for the 1 million dollar prop

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nope , he peaked two years ago and while he’s still playing good football he will be more injury prone over the next two years , he’s on the decline. Paying 800k for props past their used by date is what fucked us in the first place.
He's 28 next year and last year was his best season statistically, and eye test wise too imo. I would also bet from trials and his first 2 NRL games he's going to go up another level this year, obviously injury sets him back since he won't be on the field. Some other middles on 800k+ are Lolo, Jurbo, Tino, JFH, AFB, Haas, Murray, RCG, Carrigan, Harris and Thompson (lol) which proves clubs will do it. A lot of top teams in there too. NAS is up there with the best of them.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He's 28 next year and last year was his best season statistically, and eye test wise too imo. I would also bet from trials and his first 2 NRL games he's going to go up another level this year, obviously injury sets him back since he won't be on the field. Some other middles on 800k+ are Lolo, Jurbo, Tino, JFH, AFB, Haas, Murray, RCG, Carrigan, Harris and Thompson (lol) which proves clubs will do it. A lot of top teams in there too. NAS is up there with the best of them.
Most forwards peak physically and mentally around 25/26 years of age, at the very most they will maintain that peak for two or three seasons, then injury and wear and tear start to take their toll, by the time they get near the end of this period they are also at the peak of their earning potential, the very reason Melbourne are prepared to let him go is because they have extracted the best value for money out of Nas, they have gotten his best years at a reasonable price and they know he will start to fade, There are two examples in your list that make my point for me, Carrigan and Thompson.
The broncs have just signed Carrigan on a four year big money deal and it will be money well spent, he is a proven NRL performer and will only get better over the next three or four seasons.
We signed Thompson on a similar deal, who was unproven in the nrl, and at the tail end of his peak and we are paying a heavy toll for that now.
I am not saying clubs won't pay 800k for NAS I am just saying it shouldn't be us. We have funded enough retirements over the last 10 years.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
If we could get NAS and a guarantee that he keeps getting refereed/ suspended the same way he does at Melbourne then it’s a no brainer.
The truth is though as soon as he comes here all those fines he cops will turn into month long suspensions and we will be paying a fortune for him to sit out.

All the grubby shit he gets away with now will be penalised and worse as soon as he puts on blue and white.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most forwards peak physically and mentally around 25/26 years of age, at the very most they will maintain that peak for two or three seasons, then injury and wear and tear start to take their toll, by the time they get near the end of this period they are also at the peak of their earning potential, the very reason Melbourne are prepared to let him go is because they have extracted the best value for money out of Nas, they have gotten his best years at a reasonable price and they know he will start to fade, There are two examples in your list that make my point for me, Carrigan and Thompson.
The broncs have just signed Carrigan on a four year big money deal and it will be money well spent, he is a proven NRL performer and will only get better over the next three or four seasons.
We signed Thompson on a similar deal, who was unproven in the nrl, and at the tail end of his peak and we are paying a heavy toll for that now.
I am not saying clubs won't pay 800k for NAS I am just saying it shouldn't be us. We have funded enough retirements over the last 10 years.
NAS has peaked a little bit later and may go a little longer given he probably only averages 35 mins per game if you average out his minutes played across his career. He’s got plenty left to give for at least a few more years IMO.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Really shouldn’t be talking about NAS on a day we should be venerating my return.

If NAS wants to stay in league it’ll be with the Storm because they’ll pay him since the Dolphins hurts their forward pack this season.
Unless of course we go over and beyond and offer him Lebanese type money in which case he wouldn’t be worth it as he’s old and that sum would need to be 800k and more.

Throw him 600 large and you’ll largely get the same sort of player at 70% the price
JWH would only have a season left in him. We need a dominant prop for much longer than that. JWH also is a machine at getting suspended plus with us he'd cop even more weeks than he does with the favoured Roosters

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
NAS has peaked a little bit later and may go a little longer given he probably only averages 35 mins per game if you average out his minutes played across his career. He’s got plenty left to give for at least a few more years IMO.
Yet as we speak he’s on the sidelines with a knee injury two games into the season. I Guess he did better than Thompson though who didn’t even make it onto the field. This club has paid way too many blokes 800k a year to sit in the grandstand watching the boys go round, we don’t need another one IMO.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yet as we speak he’s on the sidelines with a knee injury two games into the season. I Guess he did better than Thompson though who didn’t even make it onto the field. This club has paid way too many blokes 800k a year to sit in the grandstand watching the boys go round, we don’t need another one IMO.
“You can recover from players you don’t sign but it can take you years to recover from players you shouldn’t have signed”

is a QUOTE and a half from Peter O’Sullivan in the Dolphins doco. Perfectly sums it up.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
“You can recover from players you don’t sign but it can take you years to recover from players you shouldn’t have signed”

is a QUOTE and a half from Peter O’Sullivan in the Dolphins doco. Perfectly sums it up.
And exactly why we are lucky to have Gus running the show

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gone for 2 months with a high level MCL injury.

Snapped his MCL apparently.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Yeah but look what they signed Flegler for

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but look what they signed Flegler for
Bro Wayne will make sure Fleggler cuts the rubbish out of his game. He’ll become one of the best props in the game with some dicipline.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bro Wayne will make sure Fleggler cuts the rubbish out of his game. He’ll become one of the best props in the game with some dicipline.
Think the point is he’s on a reported 800k a year

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I've got an idea. You shouldn't stick around right now since we didn't venerate your return. Leave for 3-6 more months and we'll prepare ourselves better.