Opinion We need NAS

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think NAS gave a good demo last night why we should pursue him as the dominant prop we need (in place of Thompson).

He's such a handful close to the line. If he could score a few tries for us like he did last night he'd more than make up for his value.

Yes he's a target for rugby but why hasn't he signed already ? I really think he'd be worth 800K a season "to us". That should be very competitive with ANY others offers he'd receive. Yes he's more expensive than Leniu but probably more dominant, would give us more size and he's cheaper than Haas which I doubt the Broncos would ever release especially now they've lost Flegler.

Thompson would never score a try like NAS did last night nor any of our other props. Pele would be the closest. We really need a metre eater prop to help get us out of our own end and not be monstered at times.

A big body dominant prop is the last piece in the puzzle IMO - and if we have the cap another big body up and coming cheapie like Pele as back up.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
NAS is a must. We have millions to spend and he's the only player left off contract that we can spend it on. Pele and other kids coming through are on nothing in the cap so that can happen on the side. NAS is an elite prop in his prime and has another 3-4 years at the top. For me it's not between NAS and Thompson. We need 2 props if we're moving Thompson on (which we should if we can get a suitable replacement) so it's more like Thompson v Guler/Hunt.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's one of the most impactful forwards in the comp. He has gotten better each year. But he most likely either re-signs with Melbourne or goes to Rugby. I can't see us signing him.

There are always so many threads about how we should or need to sign a certain player but it's not as easy as that. They have to want to leave. They have to want to join us. We have to want to sign them. And then we have to outbid every other club that is interested. I hate to burst the NAS bubble, but it's more of a pipe dream than reality at this stage just like signing Moses and Dom Young etc was.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NAS apparently has done his MCL. Be interesting to see if theres more damage or if its the start of a chronic issue.

Reality is that we have a few guys getting close to 195cm (for example Kikau), Samuel Hughes, and Matavela Booth is even bigger again.

Most are similar weight to NAS as well.

5cm isn't really giving away much, so not sure we really need someone like him.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I think it was Gus who didn't like the idea of clubs spending big money on props. He believe's that type of money is reserved for the playmakers.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I think it was Gus who didn't like the idea of clubs spending big money on props. He believe's that type of money is reserved for the playmakers.
I think that was Clint Eastwood.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If pele the ayri gets fit then he can be our NAS

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Sofa Solar Mona had a pretty poor game last night. Sure he made a couple of big runs, but his defence was at times crap. Often extremely lazy, for example failed to lock up the ball when King off loaded for the Preston try.

Always a Bulldog

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
NAS was Storm's best player (a lot were poor) and he changed momentum by himself in his second stint. It was pretty fortunate for us that he got injured.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Another example of his lazy defence, one off the ruck, standing still, shirt grabbing and Averillo embarrassed him.

Always a Bulldog

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Really shouldn’t be talking about NAS on a day we should be venerating my return.
Could waited a few days in all honesty to post this @bradyk

Since we here. Should forget NAS.
If NAS wants to stay in league it’ll be with the Storm because they’ll pay him since the Dolphins hurts their forward pack this season.
Unless of course we go over and beyond and offer him Lebanese type money in which case he wouldn’t be worth it as he’s old and that sum would need to be 800k and more.

what is much smarter if you need a similar player is to make a big play at JWH.
Roosters don’t want him it sees and he’s going to Catalans people are saying.
Throw him 600 large and you’ll largely get the same sort of player at 70% the price