We just don’t have the team

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Like it or not we simply don’t have the talent and experience to be a contender this year I this the majority will admit that. So what do we as supporters hope for???

I’ll be honest and say if we finish top twelve we are doing better than I thought. Our players just aren’t good enough. We have a rookie coach. And a hard draw to start the year.

But I’m surprised. I thought we would be lucky to win a game against the Titans. And would be happy with one win going into the bye. Now I think we should beat Newcastle easily.
It’s amazing what a coach can do.

We could make the finals with our attitude.

My question is. How different is your thoughts on the team now compared to the start of the year?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think you’re wrong we just need a 7 and the team to gel, we have been in every game, the storm fielded there best spin since 2022 and we had king, Preston , morrin Mann and taaffe out. We are building and we will surprise alot of teams this year.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Disagree with you, We are getting better each week, CC is starting to show he can coach this team. Once our left side clicks (already started too) and the boys form combos we will be a real threat. And if we stay injury free then will see a huge difference.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you’re wrong we just need a 7 and the team to gel, we have been in every game, the storm fielded there best spin since 2022 and we had king, Preston , morrin Mann and taaffe out. We are building and we will surprise alot of teams this year.
100% agree with you. We are so close to having the team, one or two extra players and ciraldo playing around with the interchange we are a top 5-8 team

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Like it or not we simply don’t have the talent and experience to be a contender this year I this the majority will admit that. So what do we as supporters hope for???

I’ll be honest and say if we finish top twelve we are doing better than I thought. Our players just aren’t good enough. We have a rookie coach. And a hard draw to start the year.

But I’m surprised. I thought we would be lucky to win a game against the Titans. And would be happy with one win going into the bye. Now I think we should beat Newcastle easily.

My question is. How different is your thoughts on the team now compared to the start of the year?
The Newcastle Knights won 2 of the first 10 games last year and went on to play finals.

So there is hope and we do have a few more friendly games coming up over the next few months with games against the Dragons, Tigers and the Knights twice…

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The whole talent thing I’m not buying. Sure, you plug in a competent 7 (in no way I mean elite) and what you have is a team executing systematically as the coach has planned. Remember, it’s the system not the player that’s far more important.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have had a tough draw to start the year and have been in every single game, despite the adversity of injuries and things going against us.
Ciraldo can coach, and our team is showing that they can compete with any team through sheer will and commitment. I think we are a good chance to make the finals if key players like Kiksu, Critta and Burton can stay on the field.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Mann and Preston play the other night I reckon we win. It's not a premiership roster, but we're playing like a top 8 team at the moment.

This team looks the perfect vehicle for a talented half to now want to sign with us and take the wheel. Gould and Ciro are doing their job well and the future looks to be on an exponential upward trajectory.

Enjoy it mate, we're finally out of the basement and the sun is shining. What more could we hope for as a supporter base.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I said we would finish 10-12 before the season started and I based that opinion on the quality of our roster and what I thought Ciraldo could get out of it. Happy to say I was wrong on both counts, we are a quality half back away from being a top eight side possibly higher. I honestly don’t know where we will finish now it will depend heavily on injuries and how much CC can get out of whoever he plays at half back.
This season is already a massive win IMO we are way ahead of where I thought we would be in terms of consistency and effort. The list of teams we are capable of beating is getting longer by the week and our F/A is still healthy. A couple of back to back wins and we will move ve up the ladder quickly.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While I still believe we can make the finals, imo this was always a building year.
And next.

In saying that with the culture Ciro and co has built we are still chances of making finals. Merely dents though, we challenge in 2026.

If they somehow conjure up a player like Chad Townsend we make finals next year.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

We are far away from being a contender, top 4 or top 8 team. Hopefully by the end of the season we would have won 10-12 games. We are not going to get better until we start winning, and doing that consistently over a period of time. Our attack and combinations won’t get better until we win the field position consistently and have a halfback that can construct try assists. We don’t even have a settled nucleus of players yet - jury is out on positions 1 and 7.

Some good signs to start the year but the wheels can fall off any moment - as they did last year due to injuries and poor form.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team we got now on paper is bottom 8 minimum we don’t play finals this year it’s a failure in my books

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I always have our team in the Top 8 bc I can't ever write off the Bulldogs always pick from the heart not the head :grinning:

The team is going really well now under Ciro compared to his first year last year.

We do have the roster when we see the coach getting every player playing their best footy. Even then Hutch won't be the player to take this team further. That is the teams hand brake atm and hopefully that is fixed asap.

We'll go as far as we can under all the circumstances that affect our results and all that we can effectively control this year.

The future years look bright and very successful and all those who have contributed towards that should be acknowledged and thanked. That starts with the Board who got Gus, Ciraldo and also the players.

There's no need whatsoever for Bulldogs supporters to be fighting and arguing (or even making excuses) about our current circumstances or our future.