We HAD the Chance to win the Premiership 4 yrs in a Row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im not sure how many people know this but the bulldogs have a team + coaching staff + funds + everything they need (besides a proper Friggen home ground) to be as dominant as any other team for the 4 yrs straight!!! WHATS HAPPENED??!

With a lineup that is envied by every other team in the comp and one that every bulldog supporter can agree is one of the best I for one am VERY DISAPPOINTED to see the Team struggle week in week out after such promise.

Since we had Hasler come to the club i thought we'd see one of the most dominate teams which will enable us to see something we never have... A four year reign as the best in the competition. Unluckily we fell short to a Clinical storm which i doubt anyone in the last ten years would have beat. No problem im sure we can live with that but WTF is happening in 2013?? Yes we saw had some resigning Issues, yes we have some Overpaid players not pulling their weight and yes weve had rumour after rumour about disharmony within the club but bloody hell, We might as well follow Ricky Stuarts lead and Sack everyone for their HALF ARSED EFFORTS!

Im Pissed off! We had everything we needed but discipline in last years final.... That means what?? Play the same footy but be more discipline! EASY! Yes teams figured out our plays so mix it up Easy! Something wrong is happening at the dogs and I for one am Not impressed. If they had a shit team and got the wooden spoon i'd have feel sorry but to have a team that can smash anyone elses and not even look like ur close to doing so has me saying something i dont think i have ever said and that is the BULLDOGS ARE SHIT!!

I used to think this was a major plan to fly in under the radar but i dont see that happening. Are we going to see another dogs triumph from the other end of the eight like we know they can do? Maybe? But in saying that we have a better team than to win 4 or five straight.

Like I said Im not impressed with such Shitness we are provided with so find a bloody solution as to why these princesses are playin so crap and fix it!

Malla

Reaction score
What Hasler has introduced is a focus on development and retention of our younger guys. But at the same time, that needs to be mitigated with a good first grade squad that will win games. Give it a few years under Hasler and we'll have a consistent and successful club. There blueprint is there, just be patient.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Dogs went through this under Moore.... We have an Established team... We made the Grand Final last year after a long ass winning streak. They are ready for this Reign but there is an issue that needs to be resolved beofre this season beomces a total waste of time.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We're an underachieving club who's administration is content with mediocre results.

I think there were genuine chances to win the competition in 2003, 2006, 2009 and 2012.

However, we're a hollow club and have lost the Bulldogs spirit. We used to be a club that thrived in must win, do-or-die clashes. Now you know after the first set of six whether the dogs are going to win or limp to the sheds after being pummeled into submission by the opposition.

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about Hasler and how we can't win game and not win a premiership. When Hasler took over Coaching in Manly in 2004, how long did it take to win the First ever premiership under Hasler, From Memory It took 3 or 4 Years! So don't expect an Instant Premiership under your belt?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
4 years after Hasler first took over the rabble that was Manly in 2004.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Hasler is doing the same process he did at manly.

Hes spent almost all of our first 2 years focusing on:
1: Youth development and training
2: Developing state of the art training facilities
3: Developing an open, strongly supported club to the fans
4: Player retention. In comparison to teams (such as the roosters), we have demonstrated that our own players come before new players. We could have easily not resigned tolman/pritchard/eastwood in order to get folau, but hasler made the right decision to keep our key players and keep pride in the team for our home grown.

What this means is, hasler is looking at the bigger picture. The one that, after 3 years, gave manly 3 grandfinals in the space of 5 seasons (second only to the salary cap rorters, so technically the best of any club in the competition.

Hasler has made the most grandfinals than any other coach in the last decade. So i think we all need to stop badmouthing the man, and our administration, and show some patience. I can guarentee we will see 1 or 2 premierships within 5 years, but no one can guarentee a top 4 side every season from the second hasler got to our club.

Realism > rediculous expectations

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about Hasler and how we can't win game and not win a premiership. When Hasler took over Coaching in Manly in 2004, how long did it take to win the First ever premiership under Hasler, From Memory It took 3 or 4 Years! So don't expect an Instant Premiership under your belt?
that's exactly what i said in another thread... thumbs up to that boy.. at least some fans have half a clue

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I understand there is a process in place but in saying that what was manly's roster in 2004 onwards? Can u tell me whether they had the best forward pack in the game along with more than able backs? Also WE MADE THE FINAL LAST YR! I'd say the process was already working and for it fall over a preseason tells me it aint the process thats the problem.

Listen Im not putting the blame on the coaching nor the coaching staff as there is a problem amongst the whole staff including players. There is no emotion, no quality, NO EFFORT excluding players like ennis, tolman and pricthard whom i think is having the best season yet with us but like i said its time to find the issue and rid it from our beloved Club so we dont keep falling

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I understand there is a process in place but in saying that what was manly's roster in 2004 onwards? Can u tell me whether they had the best forward pack in the game along with more than able backs? Also WE MADE THE FINAL LAST YR! I'd say the process was already working and for it fall over a preseason tells me it aint the process thats the problem.

Listen Im not putting the blame on the coaching nor the coaching staff as there is a problem amongst the whole staff including players. There is no emotion, no quality, NO EFFORT excluding players like ennis, tolman and pricthard whom i think is having the best season yet with us but like i said its time to find the issue and rid it from our beloved Club so we dont keep falling
the disruption this year have not help.. don't forget, we got our best team on the field from round 9 and onwards... i think our win loss record from then stands at 6 from 9... still a fair effort... and even in between then we still weren't fielding a full strength squad...

give it time.. there isn't much but i'm sure it'll click eventually... whether it's too late or not.. we've always got a fresh start next season :grinning:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasler is doing the same process he did at manly.

Hes spent almost all of our first 2 years focusing on:
1: Youth development and training
2: Developing state of the art training facilities
3: Developing an open, strongly supported club to the fans
4: Player retention. In comparison to teams (such as the roosters), we have demonstrated that our own players come before new players. We could have easily not resigned tolman/pritchard/eastwood in order to get folau, but hasler made the right decision to keep our key players and keep pride in the team for our home grown.

What this means is, hasler is looking at the bigger picture. The one that, after 3 years, gave manly 3 grandfinals in the space of 5 seasons (second only to the salary cap rorters, so technically the best of any club in the competition.

Hasler has made the most grandfinals than any other coach in the last decade. So i think we all need to stop badmouthing the man, and our administration, and show some patience. I can guarentee we will see 1 or 2 premierships within 5 years, but no one can guarentee a top 4 side every season from the second hasler got to our club.

Realism > rediculous expectations
Fair enough I can see where you're coming from.

My problem is that the team made the grand final last year and exceeded all expectations. It also raised the expectations of the fans who have been yearning for a premiership since 2004. So the theory after the grand final was that "don't worry, Hasler got us to the GEE EF in his first year, we should expect success soon". Fast forward a few months and you have an uncommitted, lazy and embarrassing outfit that calls itself a football team.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fcuk up idiots, how is playing like pansies, no line speed, no aggression no creativity, heart, flair, attacking plan part of the process. I dont mind losing to a bettet side or if u turn up and play to ur ability and get pipped at the end but have a look at how penrith is playing with a shell of a side compared to our game. What i do for an isaac john or even luke walsh right about now.

Ransom

Waterboy
Reaction score
I believe part of the problem is that we overachieved last year. Making the grand final and losing was possibly the worst thing that could have happened in some ways. I am not too surprised to be where we are especially considering the upheaval at the start of the year. In saying that, I believe time will heal the mental problems associated with this and making the finals will snap the mindset - but, they need to get there first! If we had of won our last 2 games we would be sitting 4th, so the season is not gone yet. Either way I think next year we will be a lot stronger regardless.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the problem with the hasler is building towards something theory is that we have taken a backwards step in every department after a year of moulding the squad according to the hasler plan

unless this was a going back to go forward type of plan its not moving in the right direction or going to plan

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm taking a reality dose after initially thinking that we would have the hunger to take the GF this year. I will accept that we are in a building phase; and that it might take a few more years to finally have a good nucleus for years of domination.

Just a shame that we promised so much in 2012.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our roster won't be any better in the next few years, so dream on

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The bulldogs have a team + coaching staff + funds + everything they need. With a lineup that is envied by every other team in the comp and one that every bulldog supporter can agree is one of the best
I can't see the truth in these two parts of sentences I've strung together without changing the context.

For starters, our side is not being coached to realise its potential.

Our forwards: usually go one out with noconstructive attack although they usually make metres. Our backs stand flat giving them a negative advantage in attack which makes them easy targets for any defensive line. There is no variation in our attack and its only when its panic button time they try a bit of second phase stuff. After our forwards have made metres and we're in the opposition 10 metres we're lost, nowhere to go and no one to do it with. A shambles that always leads to a lousy last tackle option. But that doesn't just happen in the oppo's 10 metres, we stuff that up whereever the opportunity arises.

In defence there is no aggression or speed off the line defence. In every play we give the opposition a 4-5 metre start. Quite often the opposition make big metres through our defence.

Our Backs: Ben Barba, brilliant in 2012 but nowhere near that early this season but is showing signs of exploding back to his best. Sam Perrett and Krisnan Inu are providing the worst right side defence in the comp. Their attack is on a par with their defence... they both have to go, Mitch Brown is only a stop gap. He is usually very reliable under the high ball but is too slow. Josh Morris is a brilliant left centre but unfortunately has done an impersonation of the sleeping giant for most of the season. Josh Reynolds could be a terrific player but seems to try too hard rushing up in defence and misses tackles. His attack is brilliant at times. Trent Hodkinson is the best half back we have but would be lucky to get a start in any other NRL side. Hius defence is terrific, his passing game is good and his kicking game can be deplorable.

So basically we're not a real flash side and look like sliding out of the eight.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
They had 70 points put on them by Penrith too I think

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I get where you're coming from but no one has gone back to back in a joint comp since 92/93 which shows how hard it is to back up with the quality of the comp

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I get where you're coming from but no one has gone back to back in a joint comp since 92/93 which shows how hard it is to back up with the quality of the comp
but 8 teams since then have been able to go to return to the grand final

Status
Not open for further replies.