We are a laughing stock

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not the Lenny Losers just yet, they gotta concentrate on defense all week, every week until it holds, its the only way.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So 2 weeks into the season and we look gone.

All this bs talk about dogs of war and talking it up was nothing but smoke screen for a team that plays with no heart or no direction.

We have heard all the excuses, wrong team selection, young players, bla bla bla but at the end of the day the blame begins with the top. I gotta admit when I saw our boys play our only trial for the first 40min I was like god damn we looked so good in attack and defence I was impressed keeping them at 0. But that’s the only positive so far this season. We look unfit, unorganised and totally lost in defence.

Napa seems to be trying hard but is it just me or has he lost size? Jackson has gone backwards and could it be relocation of his position? Maybe but the guy has gone from a machine to average. Our new midget winger is nothing but a ball carter who gets dominated at every hit up and our full back is the slowest player in the comp.

I can understand why we got rid of most players for cap issues but to get rid of so much talent and throw in all a bunch of young small guys in a professional competition and expect them to perform is coaching suicide. Pay has made some very questionable decisions which I won’t get into but none is paying off and if he doesn’t change things up we won’t win a game this season.

So to end off I want to say, we can chop and change all the players we currently have as much as we can but that won’t stop for the lapses in defence and the give up attitude when they are behind. I’d give pay a few more games and if there isn’t a improvement he really does need to get the boot. This rebuilt is nothing short of embarrassing and sadly next week does not seem to look like it will be any better.

I love the dogs and always will but every year We say we hit rock bottom and we can only get better. To me there isn’t much light at the end of the tunnel and unless this new board has some balls and makes some drastic changes then the bulldogs of war will be the bulldogs of laughter in the nrl.
We were the laughing stock of the NRL at the back end of Des's last year. Do people remember that. I think most have short memories, what it felt like then. The only thing that was 'ok' was our defense. Now with the Morris bro's gone, thats gone aswell. Were shit now but I never felt as low as a fan of the dogs than I did then. Thats because our coach destroyed us for years to come, Des the myth. It felt like there was no way forward. Alot has changed and now we have a way forward. We knew this was coming. We knew we were going to have to ride it out. Its just painful.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were the laughing stock of the NRL at the back end of Des's last year. Do people remember that. I think most have short memories, what it felt like then. The only thing that was 'ok' was our defense. Now with the Morris bro's gone, thats gone aswell. Were shit now but I never felt as low as a fan of the dogs than I did then. Thats because our coach destroyed us for years to come, Des the myth. It felt like there was no way forward. Alot has changed and now we have a way forward. We knew this was coming. We knew we were going to have to ride it out. Its just painful.
Sorry man I agree but I also don’t. I was prepared for the losses and prepared for us not making the finals but what I wasn’t prepared for was the give up attitude, the unfit players in our jersey, the crapy rotation and selection so far. Could a diff coach could have done better? Hell yes! If the pre season didn’t get the players fit enough for 80min of game time then it’s all on pay

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry man I agree but I also don’t. I was prepared for the losses and prepared for us not making the finals but what I wasn’t prepared for was the give up attitude, the unfit players in our jersey, the crapy rotation and selection so far. Could a diff coach could have done better? Hell yes! If the pre season didn’t get the players fit enough for 80min of game time then it’s all on pay
Fair call. Totally agree regarding team fitness, theres no excuse. Knowing we had shortcomings in other areas, this is the one thing that the coaching staff had control over in the off season.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Fair call. Totally agree regarding team fitness, theres no excuse. Knowing we had shortcomings in other areas, this is the one thing that the coaching staff had control over in the off season.
So what did pay do? He brought Harry Harris back to the club. Absolutely hands down worst trainer in the nrl!!!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep it's pretty embarrassing to be Dogs fan right now.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Major defaults In our game:

Play the ball speed- We are way too slow. Our play the ball speed is ridiculously snail pace. How bloody hard is it to get up and make a quick play the ball. I see opposition teams getting tackled, jumping up and quickly playing the ball. We look to wrestle too much with the opposition and wait till we get tackled on the ground before playing the ball. This is so bad. Deano hasn’t been able to identify that speed And quick play the balls is a must in today’s game. No wonder why we can’t score. The opposition has plenty of time to re form.

We don’t look happy- We aren’t enjoying ourselves. Zero emotion from players. Reimis smith score and we didn’t even jump up and down to celebrate. We don’t look happy. We aren’t enjoying our footy. We look too serious and under pressure.

Hardly any offloads- we have hardly managed to get any proper offloads away. No support play from Hoppa. In fact none of the forwards look to offload. Tolman and Napa don’t offload. Rfm hasn’t got any away. Elliott needs to do be better here.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Play the ball speed- We are way too slow. Our play the ball speed is ridiculously snail pace. How bloody hard is it to get up and make a quick play the ball. I see opposition teams getting tackled, jumping up and quickly playing the ball. We look to wrestle too much with the opposition and wait till we get tackled on the ground before playing the ball. This is so bad. Deano hasn’t been able to identify that speed And quick play the balls is a must in today’s game. No wonder why we can’t score. The opposition has plenty of time to re form.

We don’t look happy- We aren’t enjoying ourselves. Zero emotion from players. Reimis smith score and we didn’t even jump up and down to celebrate. We don’t look happy. We aren’t enjoying our footy. We look too serious and under pressure.

Hardly any offloads- we have hardly managed to get any proper offloads away. No support play from Hoppa. In fact none of the forwards look to offload. Tolman and Napa don’t offload. Rfm hasn’t got any away. Elliott needs to do be better here.
The line speed in defense is non existent also. Both in the middle of the field and on their own line. It's like they lack any aggression or urgency and just have conceded that they'll get beaten. Its infuriating to watch.

Also, the constant use of predictable block plays without earning the right to spread it is very concerning. Especially when we don't have skilled enough players to threaten the defense and execute these plays. But the main problem is they try it over and over again and we never make metres because defenses just slide and are never truly tested.

Theres not enough hard running to make yardage or inside balls or change of angles. Everything is going towards the sideline.

I swear Des is in the coaches box sometimes. I'm sick of seeing our team look like amateurs and not address basic reserve grade issues.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure I’m not the only one who has been getting sent this.

It was funny the first dozen times.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck me, this place is depressing, sometimes.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree we have been a disgrace these past two games, but come on, its round 3 for fucks sake!!!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what did pay do? He brought Harry Harris back to the club. Absolutely hands down worst trainer in the nrl!!!
How stupid can you be.... like if that isn’t the writing on the wall that the guy has no idea then I don’t know what is. I’m first to put my hand up and say I was a massive pay fan till last Sunday. There is Absaloutly no excuse what so ever for our side to be so unfit and clueless in defence with the supposedly massive pre season we have had.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watching us run on the field pretending to play is even more depressing...
You need more in your life, if your mental state hinges on the performance of the footy team you support.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

All good points raised and agree 100%. When your fingers are well rested can you finish the article?

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The powerhouse of the 80's and 90's and early part of 2000's, look what we've become.

If not for a strong leagues club we'd be in deep trouble.
Without the Leagues club we're a chance of being booted to another state.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Defence is all about attitude and desire.
and countless team drills to get communication right and fitness.

These blokes are so unfit that after a few defensive sets, once they get the ball they are sucking air, hands on hips or on their knees. Besides being humiliated and bashed, unfitness brings another problem, injuries.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Play him at hooker
His shoulder injuries might be a problem as hookers need to do a lot of tackling. But his passion might rekindle some team self esteem. I think it's a huge ask for anyone considering this mob has no heart.

Some of our players know they are pedestrian and we are their last stop. When you are getting beat badly on the scoreboard you need to get rough, bash the fuckers, draw a line in the sand. You need to send a message to every team in the comp "if you make us look like fools we'll bash the fuck out of you, be careful we will hurt your season". If you cannot match them with skill use intimidation !

But I guarantee you some are happy just to play 1st grade hoping the club keeps paying overs so they are not replaced.