We are a laughing stock

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So 2 weeks into the season and we look gone.

All this bs talk about dogs of war and talking it up was nothing but smoke screen for a team that plays with no heart or no direction.

We have heard all the excuses, wrong team selection, young players, bla bla bla but at the end of the day the blame begins with the top. I gotta admit when I saw our boys play our only trial for the first 40min I was like god damn we looked so good in attack and defence I was impressed keeping them at 0. But that’s the only positive so far this season. We look unfit, unorganised and totally lost in defence.

Napa seems to be trying hard but is it just me or has he lost size? Jackson has gone backwards and could it be relocation of his position? Maybe but the guy has gone from a machine to average. Our new midget winger is nothing but a ball carter who gets dominated at every hit up and our full back is the slowest player in the comp.

I can understand why we got rid of most players for cap issues but to get rid of so much talent and throw in all a bunch of young small guys in a professional competition and expect them to perform is coaching suicide. Pay has made some very questionable decisions which I won’t get into but none is paying off and if he doesn’t change things up we won’t win a game this season.

So to end off I want to say, we can chop and change all the players we currently have as much as we can but that won’t stop for the lapses in defence and the give up attitude when they are behind. I’d give pay a few more games and if there isn’t a improvement he really does need to get the boot. This rebuilt is nothing short of embarrassing and sadly next week does not seem to look like it will be any better.

I love the dogs and always will but every year We say we hit rock bottom and we can only get better. To me there isn’t much light at the end of the tunnel and unless this new board has some balls and makes some drastic changes then the bulldogs of war will be the bulldogs of laughter in the nrl.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So 2 weeks into the season and we look gone.

All this bs talk about dogs of war and talking it up was nothing but smoke screen for a team that plays with no heart or no direction.

We have heard all the excuses, wrong team selection, young players, bla bla bla but at the end of the day the blame begins with the top. I gotta admit when I saw our boys play our only trial for the first 40min I was like god damn we looked so good in attack and defence I was impressed keeping them at 0. But that’s the only positive so far this season. We look unfit, unorganised and totally lost in defence.

Napa seems to be trying hard but is it just me or has he lost size? Jackson has gone backwards and could it be relocation of his position? Maybe but the guy has gone from a machine to average. Our new midget winger is nothing but a ball carter who gets dominated at every hit up and our full back is the slowest player in the comp.

I can understand why we got rid of most players for cap issues but to get rid of so much talent and throw in all a bunch of young small guys in a professional competition and expect them to perform is coaching suicide. Pay has made some very questionable decisions which I won’t get into but none is paying off and if he doesn’t change things up we won’t win a game this season.

So to end off I want to say, we can chop and change all the players we currently have as much as we can but that won’t stop for the lapses in defence and the give up attitude when they are behind. I’d give pay a few more games and if there isn’t a improvement he really does need to get the boot. This rebuilt is nothing short of embarrassing and sadly next week does not seem to look like it will be any better.

I love the dogs and always will but every year We say we hit rock bottom and we can only get better. To me there isn’t much light at the end of the tunnel and unless this new board has some balls and makes some drastic changes then the bulldogs of war will be the bulldogs of laughter in the nrl.
Your right, I said something along these lines in another Thread.. but with all your points you pretty much hit the nail on the head ..!! Saved me a lot of typing lol cheers bother.!! Only thing I want too add.. pay has to go, we need griffin in ASAP! But that’s only my humble opinion haha doesn’t mean I’m correct by any stretch just an observation..!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The powerhouse of the 80's and 90's and early part of 2000's, look what we've become.

If not for a strong leagues club we'd be in deep trouble.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your right, I said something along these lines in another Thread.. but with all your points you pretty much hit the nail on the head ..!! Saved me a lot of typing lol cheers bother.!! Only thing I want too add.. pay has to go, we need griffin in ASAP! But that’s only my humble opinion haha doesn’t mean I’m correct by any stretch just an observation..!!
The scary thing is pay and co kept talking this dogs of war crap..... clearly out of his depth and the coaching staff is a joke. We are the most unfit team in the comp and it sucks because all this talk pre season gave us some sort of hope we will be underdogs....

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
-76 leaking points in the first two games of the year says a lot!!

1. We are unfit
2. We have the wrong defensive plan
3. No heart or attitude
4. Pay has lost the changing room
5. We have inept players
6. All of the above

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is the ability and skill set of our current squad. We have reached our maximum potential. It’s not about attitude or desire! They are trying their best. Their best is just very my below first grade standards. It will be a long year and it’s already over.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the ability and skill set of our current squad. We have reached our maximum potential. It’s not about attitude or desire! They are trying their best. Their best is just very my below first grade standards. It will be a long year and it’s already over.
Defence is all about attitude and desire.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We were all warned about the rebuilding stage and the pain we'll need to go thru.
We do look unfit in comparison to other teams.
We look unsure in defense and lost in attack.
The decision to move some players to opposite sides of the field is questionable and a likely contributing factor to poor performances.
We're getting bashed thru the middle 3rd of the field as we're one of the smaller teams.
I don't think this 17 is the answer but I don't see where the calvary is coming from either as the depth in our squad is poor.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
They don’t care. They care about posting pics wid tha boys on Instagram getting a decent pay check and their wives and bubs. That’s fine but just shit for the fans. Sloppy work is work culture...

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence is all about attitude and desire.
Agree and partly coaching.... which for some reason they don’t look hungry at all. But what worries me the most out of it all is that we defend well at the beginning and then drift away...... if that doesn’t spell unfit then I don’t know what does. Our bench are even worse once they got on the points got pilled on with our defence split apart.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
correct heading of the post, we are a laughing stock, never before have i ever felt so disappointed in a coach and a team

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know where to start... I'm lost for words really...

Losing is one thing. But getting belted to this degree with such pathetic defense in the first two games of a season is completely unacceptable, especially against mediocre opposition. What will the scoreline be when we play a contender?

Just when I think the club has hit rock bottom, a new low is reached... Its a depressing time to be a Canterbury fan with very little to look forward to...

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Seriously, what the fuck did we do all offseason? Are every other team’s players on gear because we look small, slow and weak. Physically dominated in all aspects of the game so far...next week isn’t going to be pretty if things don’t change quick smart.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, what the fuck did we do all offseason? Are every other team’s players on gear because we look small, slow and weak. Physically dominated in all aspects of the game so far...next week isn’t going to be pretty if things don’t change quick smart.
Exactly what I’ve been thinking.... how do all the other teams look so good... wests today dominated the nz pack with ease... we look like we are getting trumped up the middle by these packs....next week will be another 30+ score line unfortunately and a few more of them and surely pay is gone

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very hard game to watch. Feeling depleted but trying to find some positives.
1. CHN - I thought he played well. To start the year I didn’t think centre was his go but I’ve changed my mind. CHN and Hoppa to the centres and Meaney at the back

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve decided not one cent of my hard earned will be wasted enduring heartbreak and heartbreak they gotta win me back if they want my money from this point onwards I’m out

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the f don’t the dogs just give supporters some hope and get josh back home. He isn’t the answer but my god we could use the passion and love he has for the club. Miss the grub

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
We've been a laughing stock for a few years now. We're still playing the same old style, pass, pass, hit up, submit to tackle. Repeat 5 times and work to a kick.
We run the same shit lines, no diversity, slow ball service. Should i keep going...?

FMD.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the f don’t the dogs just give supporters some hope and get josh back home. He isn’t the answer but my god we could use the passion and love he has for the club. Miss the grub
Play him at hooker