News 'We’ve got time': Bulldogs playing the long game after Manly drubbing, Kiraz

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We better see a sizable improvement this week, because last week was an absolute joke.

“Our D was great,” said Sutton. “We gave away too much unforced ball and were under the pump, but I thought, especially when we were down a man, it could have been a lot worse. We backed ourselves. That’s how it’ll be. Sometimes things go against you but it’s about looking forward.
Says the bloke who was concussed after 57 minutes of gameplay.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How about stay down till ur up, give basic answers to the media show no emotion go out there do your best for 80 minutes win or loose you gave a 100% the fans will appreciate that and as a team we would actually progress of the back of simply giving a fuck and getting the basics right. Genuinely stopped reading at our d was great, imagine the likes of Penrith, Souths came out and said there d was great after leaking 30. Brain dead!

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I blame everything on Burton for the reason we didn’t follow the game plan according to Mase. Maybe a tad on Reed for overplaying his role way too much in the second. That dumb confused blank look on his face shows he clearly is a first grade fraud lmao

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I blame everything on Burton for the reason we didn’t follow the game plan according to Mase. Maybe a tad on Reed for overplaying his role way too much in the second. That dumb confused blank look on his face shows he clearly is a first grade fraud lmao
Well, clearly the gameplan didn't work.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Easy for Sutton to say, he's been at the club for 5 minutes. Most around here have been hearing the same words and excuses for the last 5 or 6 years. People saying don't be negative, you're not a true supporter, it's going to take time. Bullshit. Enough is enough. Every long-term fan as old as me (54) and older who has seen this club disintegrate from the powerhouse it was has every right to call this crap out.
Bulldogs - our bark is worse than our bite.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
"It’s a game you want to be involved in, going down to AAMI Park and putting on a show."

Not "going down to AAMI Park" - going down at AAMI Park.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was he referring to our defence, or the off season they spent tugging each others D off?
if I was Gus I'd be getting the boys in a big 'circle' and tell them you need to "pull yourself together!!!"

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if I was Gus I'd be getting the boys in a big 'circle' and tell them you need to "pull yourself together!!!"
They can do that after a win. Always thought that was beer........:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don't get the whole... Our D was great .... We conceded 31 points..... Only 12 of them were while down a man.......
It wasn't just the points, it was the concentrated defensive effort that result in no gas left in the last ~10 minutes when they scored another 12.

Always a Bulldog

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It looks like they were pulling themselves together all preseason

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It wasn't just the points, it was the concentrated defensive effort that result in no gas left in the last ~10 minutes when they scored another 12.

Always a Bulldog
Well yes that’s right, but fundamentally we also demonstrated very limited ability to break the line and score points when we had the ball.
If we defend all the time and don’t score any points in between, then we will eventually wilt and lose. The game has many elements related to defence, attack, errors and growing fatigue during a game which combine to make us competitive, which we were not in this game.

But in the end if we struggle to defend for 80 min, make consistent errors in our own half and are unable to crack opposition defences to score at least 20-30 points, we are unlikely to win many games.
Crikey I even thought I heard JAC on C7 sports news last night, say he thought we were on top for most of the game. I hope I misheard that deluded comment.