News 'We’ve got time': Bulldogs playing the long game after Manly drubbing, Kiraz

Okunbors Cradle Snatchers

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I get the connection talk which does come over time, however, they can’t just zero in on just connections alone.
Rolling the sleeves up & showing grit, is another major factor.
Demanding big money, and not producing to that salary, as far as I’m concerned, that’s fraud. Only round 2, but I think if Dogs lose, season over.
I don't even like the kennel episodes I think they are a complete waste of time. I don't care if RFM cried when he became captain or all these one on one interviews they have on what it means to play for this club etc. Maybe Gus/Ciraldo can actually focus on how to execute any attacking play but all they care about is sponsorships and saving face on this supposed 'turnaround'

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ciraldo is not an issue. There's probably like one coach (Wayne) who could walk into our mess and change the team's mentality over a single preseason unfortunately.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2018-2020 Under Dean Pay....we have to be patient.
2021-2022 Under Trent Barrett ...we have to be patient
2023 Under Cameron Ciraldo....
we have to be patient.

If I was this patient with my missus she'd be thinking what a dream bloke I am.

Seriously, I might make a sign and take to the games.... THE DOGS OF PATIENCE

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldog supporters after hearing 'be patient' for the 5th consecutive year and realizing we're in for another mediocre season...

1678181663048.png

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club keeps hitting the panic button and replacing half the squad every year then it takes half a season to train up the rookies then its too late.
Why release Schoupe?

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt anyone expected a 50 point win against manly. Didn't expect much this season tbh I think I picked us to finish 10th-12th last year. But I feel it's going to be the exact thing as the last 7 years, just Pray and hope we don't end up with the spoon.

That there is the loser mentality forced onto us fans by the club.

For me we could of lost by 1 or 100, the putrid effort put in was the worst and most worrying part.

Now expect the Kennel to flip after we fluke our first win....
The only way the Dogs finish in the top 8 is if there's only 8 teams in the comp. The team is utter shite and sadly the majority of the good players recruited get dragged down to the low standard of the existing players. I can't remember when a gun player recruited into the club over the last 8 years became a better player at the Dogs.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kiraz is one of the few who can hold his head high after that shambles.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the entire team, coach, and club shit, and the year is done and dusted because of one poor game.
Grow up!
Oh no ive gotta grow up!
team shit-correct
coach shit-possibly
club shit-you said that not me!

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our defence was good tbf, repelled Manly for multiple sets on our line and overall they didn't really look like threatening. We were even getting in Toms face early and limiting his impact on the game and even forced him into errors.

Everything else was a complete disaster. Burton alone is down for 4 errors but that's easily more than doubled when you include all the other dumb shit he did like throwing hospital balls to multiple players, not kicking, failing to dive on loose balls, etc. We then got hammered in set restarts, conceded multiple repeat sets from DCE, etc. We were fucking gassed and Manly only ended up crossing for their second after a ridiculous sin bin and HIA to Kiraz that pretty much fucked our right edge defence.

I think we can bounce back if we cut down even just half of the dumb errors. Props are an obvious issue, as is our attack. Attack just looks like more cookie cutter panther shit. Very flat, very left edge dominated, right edge gets very little ball. I don't get the obsession with this absolutely hate it. We don't even have the chemistry or class to pull this off in the first place. The stupid take from all this is that our only line break against Manly came from the right edge after a couple of quick darts at the defence, nothing fancy. Just simple footy with player pushing up in support that eventually created the space for the break to be made. But na, obsess over the left fucking edge all fucking game. I think I just talked myself out of believing we can turn this around by the end of this paragraph :sob:
like,have we not learnt our lesson trying to copy the panthers style? It blows my fucking mind how they don’t see Barrett tried this exact same shit and it was a disaster. Did the whole coaching staff just forget this

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
like,have we not learnt our lesson trying to copy the panthers style? It blows my fucking mind how they don’t see Barrett tried this exact same shit and it was a disaster. Did the whole coaching staff just forget this
It's so hard to watch. I can not stand having a 5/8 playing in such a narrow corridor, drives me absolutely insane. Mason pretty much said the boys didn't follow the game plan so I'll try and take some belief from that and hope we come out with something different in attack against the storm...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Stopped reading at "our D was great"
Glad you said that, I stopped reading at that point too. 31 points never says your "D" was good LMAO.

"Be patient", we hear this every year.

As usual WAAAYYYY tooo much talking.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kiraz please what a load of bullshit the team should have been ready for round 1 no excuses they had more than enough time to get ready, shut up and play like first graders.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we don't put on a show against the Storm and be competitive ( i don't care if we dont win) then the bring back Potter threads will appear.

You can't educate DNA, you are bred with it and Potter is all that.