Rumour Watson ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think what he said was more in context of "any team who signs him long-term for over a million per season", will struggle to win the comp. Which is just smart buisness to try to set the market a bit lower at the start. I'm no great fan of Gus, but putting your best offer on the table at the start just gets you either bidding against yourself or missing out...
He also said he wouldn't have an issue with a cellar dweller signing him for big money. We're cellar dwellers.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually think this could be a decent signing . I like the thought process about getting players from winning systems who will drive standards at training. Thought Gus provided a good rationale last night on 100% footy

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like it's going to happen , I wonder if it effects the potential Jaemon Salmon signing

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually think this could be a decent signing . I like the thought process about getting players from winning systems who will drive standards at training. Thought Gus provided a good rationale last night on 100% footy
Hopefully they also have a footy brain during games and don’t do stupid shit

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He came from the knights and signed for the roosters, who, despite having a stacked team have only won a couple of games more than us.. I don't get why Watson coming from a winning system is talked up along the same lines as our other signings.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully tigers sign him where already going to have a team full of utilities that can’t nail down a position or first grade spot at other clubs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't really care if we miss out on Watson. Happy to have him, but won't bat an eyelid if not.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good in the halves but thought we had the halves covered so with a shit leg not worth it

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any updates on Watson. As per Gus he passed his physical. I like this signing if true.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe once they got further medical information they decided to withdraw the offer? Either that or the Roosters were giving more years/money and decided it wasn't worth it.

He's a talented player and perfect bench utility but he's often injured, so it's no big loss. I hope he can finally stay healthy though as he's a good player to watch when fit..