Watch The Bulldogs On Kayo For Cheaper

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From Kenya am exploring VPN solutions.
Says it will link my computer direct to TV station so I can watch as if I’m in Australia.

Anyone overseas know about this?
Recommendation?
When I was overseas it was a hassle, expressVPN is one of the better/best options, if you're permanently based there take up the longer subscriptions, that'll help. You want security, stability and a decent deal if you take the longer options, express VPN is that. I was overseas for holidaying so I went month by month.

But from experience it was too much of a hassle especially with slow internet so I just listened to the games via radio then watched the replay days later on YouTube.
Live sport is the best and if you have decent internet then I think watchNRL or whatever that website is, is the more stable option, alternate streams might make you want to pull your hair out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I tried to share the link I used for my discount but it was unique and didn't work :(

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL season is only from March -> September (not including finals game as they will be televised for free anyway). So just paying for 7 months ($210) will be cheaper than this "loophole". Kayo is a massive rip-off regardless.
True, but here at home we enjoy the NBA & NFL in the off season, my son likes the WWE.... etc, etc, etc

There's alot of other sports on Kayo in the off season if that's your thing.

Last edited:

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best version of the apps are via a Chromecast/Nvida Shield or on a Apple TV
Forgot I had a Chromecast - so took your advice, plugged it in and watched the entire game without a hint of buffering or crashing. Picture quality was great.

I would have had at least 5 or 6 crashes with the PS5 app.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I watch in standard definition no crashing

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgot I had a Chromecast - so took your advice, plugged it in and watched the entire game without a hint of buffering or crashing. Picture quality was great.

I would have had at least 5 or 6 crashes with the PS5 app.
I take my Chromecast with me everywhere when I'm away from my place. It's the best.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
never had a problem with buffering issues with kayo....u need a strong wif connection and its all good...watch it mainly on my ipad

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If I watch in standard definition no crashing
Thats either poor quality wifi or a lack of internet speed.

What device are you streaming on?

Is it wifi, can you hardwire it?

What your internet connection like? if you run a speedtest on your phone in the same location as where you access kayo what does it show?

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kayo was fire for me last night

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
never had a problem with buffering issues with kayo....u need a strong wif connection and its all good...watch it mainly on my ipad
The iOS apps are solid. As is Chromecast.

Some of the others leave a lot to be desired regardless of internet connection. Hoping that the upcoming Fetch app turns out to be one of the good ones.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The guy is just giving us a tip. Thanks pal. Kayo is not perfect but the best cheap option out there. I can't justify paying the exorbitant amount for foxel just to watch sports and the rest of the channels are complete garbage. If it wasn't for 4K sports foxel would be dead.... I

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Says its 1080p but more like 720p. Should be 4K but its not.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Says its 1080p but more like 720p. Should be 4K but its not.
Apparently it's going 4K this year but the bitrate shit Foxtel dump out it will probably finally maybe just pass for 1080p if that, its a fucking joke of a service.

Another one of the reasons this sport is dying, it's 2024 and they still can't deliver real 4K is beyond laughable compared to every other sport out there in the world.

Dogieeeezzz

Waterboy
Reaction score
With a Quantas Frequent Flyer voucher, you get $10 off a month on a two-person subscription, so I use that and only get it for the season.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Best version of the apps are via a Chromecast/Nvida Shield or on a Apple TV - not perfect but they run well enough to open and pick your stream, doesn't crash, hang etc.

Built in TV apps are shit because the app isn't made good.
Kayo on apple TV works great. Rarely have an issue.
if I have a streaming problem, it’s always at work on a PC.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I only jus found a loophole to buy a Kayo 12 month subscription and save at least 30%.

Currently Kayo Basic with 2 screens costs around $30 a month but is going up at the end of February.

The AFL have a deal with every club that they can sell what's called a yearly "Digital Membership" with the prices ranging from around $250 - $260 for 12 months - averaging out to around $20 per month.

All packages include all channels that you would get on Kayo including all the NRL content channels.

Search via net the different deals for each club as they all have different perks and sign up to save some coin.

I don't know why the NRL haven't sorted linked membership subscriptions like this yet.

Anyway, I just thought this could help everyone save some coin as it's better in your pocket than in the pocket of Rupert..... he's got enough.
Are you paying for club membership on top of the digital membership?

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you paying for club membership on top of the digital membership?
No.
As I live in Canberra and don't get to the games I don't need a membership that gives me game access, although my digital membership does make me an official member.

Different clubs offer different inclusions with their Digital membership.