Watch The Bulldogs On Kayo For Cheaper

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I only jus found a loophole to buy a Kayo 12 month subscription and save at least 30%.

Currently Kayo Basic with 2 screens costs around $30 a month but is going up at the end of February.

The AFL have a deal with every club that they can sell what's called a yearly "Digital Membership" with the prices ranging from around $250 - $260 for 12 months - averaging out to around $20 per month.

All packages include all channels that you would get on Kayo including all the NRL content channels.

Search via net the different deals for each club as they all have different perks and sign up to save some coin.

I don't know why the NRL haven't sorted linked membership subscriptions like this yet.

Anyway, I just thought this could help everyone save some coin as it's better in your pocket than in the pocket of Rupert..... he's got enough.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so you’ll pay $40/month for foxtel?
Nope, $20 extra for sports. Even that’s pushing it but at least it works far better than Kayo and shared amongst my family in different homes.

My old man chooses to pay for Foxtel (despite me telling him numerous times that it’s a ripoff) so it makes sense to pay the extra for sport. I watch it at my place using Foxtel Go. He likes to watch our games too, so it’s worth it.

If you didn’t already have or want Foxtel it doesn’t make sense.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree but still better than suffering thru the brain dead commentators and rubbish dished up by nine.
The bigger problem lately is that hardly any of our games are on 9. So if you’re a die hard like many of us here, you’re shit outta luck if you want to watch for free. Sure you can use a dodgy stream but it’s n9t worth the hassle ime.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The bigger problem lately is that hardly any of our games are on 9. So if you’re a die hard like many of us here, you’re shit outta luck if you want to watch for free. Sure you can use a dodgy stream but it’s n9t worth the hassle ime.
Or go to the pub/club. Most places have it on FoxSports on the big screen for free. What else is spent whilst there though is another matter entirely :-).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nope, $20 extra for sports. Even that’s pushing it but at least it works far better than Kayo and shared amongst my family in different homes.

My old man chooses to pay for Foxtel (despite me telling him numerous times that it’s a ripoff) so it makes sense to pay the extra for sport. I watch it at my place using Foxtel Go. He likes to watch our games too, so it’s worth it.

I had a free 12 month subscription with my new TV a year or so ago. App was buggy all the time, content and UI was incredibly lacking. So yeah even through it was free I cancelled it a month in.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kayo has been taken over by Foxtels next attempt to enter the streaming space called Hubbl, hope they do a much better job with it.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard Kayo has lots of streaming and buffering issues. I have Foxtel both on Smart TV/Chromecast and the old fashioned pay-tv cable (not HD) as a backup if NBN is down.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard Kayo has lots of streaming and buffering issues. I have Foxtel both on Smart TV/Chromecast and the old fashioned pay-tv cable (not HD) as a backup if NBN is down.
I run the app via my PS5 and it crashes often - although not nearly as unreliable as Foxtel Play used to be with it's constant buffering/crashing.

Apparently, the Kayo app is coming to Fetch at some stage, so hopefully that improves things.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best version of the apps are via a Chromecast/Nvida Shield or on a Apple TV - not perfect but they run well enough to open and pick your stream, doesn't crash, hang etc.

Built in TV apps are shit because the app isn't made good.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

how much are you paying ?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Kayo has been taken over by Foxtels next attempt to enter the streaming space called Hubbl, hope they do a much better job with it.
Interesting move by them, it's just essentially a rebrand I guess.