Warriors sign Kodi Nikorima - effective immediately.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Irrelevant if you think he’s shit

Starting 7 for a big team Broncos
International player

250k?

Okunbor is probably on that now [emoji23]

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

International player

250k?

Finally someone with some sence.
The kennel is giving it to the half who is on 250 thou who replaced foz in the kiwi side 1 million by our club.
But yeah lets attack the warriors about how stupid they are lol. Omg. This kid and that so called useless ben hunt nearly won the broncs a grand final against arguably the best number 7 to ever lace a boot. But lets knock kodi on 250 and half the idiots on here wanted ash taylor here for over a million. Crazy talk. 250 k for the richest clubs halfback, i would of walked too.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats everyone gonna say when he plays ok at the warriors with a consistent half next to him. How does milford keep walking around untouched and getting paid the big bucks.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

International player

250k?

Like how many halves running around on 3 to 4 times as much money that dont even have a kicking game at all. Or are doing a worse job than nikorima. Plenty. Bennet had no problems getting results with him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If thats the case, definitely the right call by Seibs.
May not be immediate, but Dearden will be a better long term prospect.
Milf needs a structured half.
Milf needs a sports psychologist. Makes Ben Roberts look consistent.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Also shows his lack of character for bitching and refusing to play this week.
He's injured. Tweaked his hamstring the other week and it hasn't been right. Broncos have rested him.

At least that's the word coming out of Broncos HQ.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's injured. Tweaked his hamstring the other week and it hasn't been right. Broncos have rested him.

At least that's the word coming out of Broncos HQ.
It was reported that he refused to play. He played this past week with the same "injury".

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Milford is a myth,nikorima has been hung out to dry.Dont blame him for pissing off

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Milf needs a 700 thousand dollar pay cut and a good kick up the arse. Thats about it. People keep making up excuses for him. I believe nickorima and hunt play very much the same, they missed out on being premiers by 1 point with hunt. But no its the 200 thou dollar halfbacks fault pfffft.
Never said Milf was living up to his paycheck either, I simply said that Nikorima is not a NRL half back - Hes a utility. pffffffffffffft.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Let’s be serious. Broncos are filthy it’s reported he’s on 250k when he leaves! That’s only when he re-signs. The reality is him going clearly opens up 1.8mil in cap space!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's true, say what you want about Nicaragua but the fat Ben Barba has always, always been over rated. And if the little fat rat is on $1,000,000 a season then every other half should be on at least $6,000,000 a season. He'll have one good game in about every ten and then call it a day.

Between the very poor man's Ben Barba and Catrius who retired three seasons ago but forgot to tell anyone, it's no wonder Brisbane suck as much as we do.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Done deal

Done deal: Kodi Nikorima set to join Warriors immediately on a $1.5 million deal
NRL PREMIERSHIP

Kodi Nikorima is believed to have signed a deal with the Warriors and will join the club immediately. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt)Source: AAP
Reports are emerging that Broncos halfback Kodi Nikorima has been granted an immediate release and will join the Warriors in the coming days.

Various media outlets are reporting the 25-year-old has signed a $1.5 million deal with the Warriors until the end of the 2022 season.

The Warriors are believed to be making the announcement on Friday.

Nikorima will arrive in New Zealand in the coming days after sitting out the Broncos’ loss to the Rabbitohs on Thursday night.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
CONFIRMED BY BRONCOS: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/05/03/broncos-release-nikorima/

THE Broncos have released Kodi Nikorima to take up a playing contract with the New Zealand Warriors.

Nikorima has played 86 NRL games for the Broncos, including the 2015 Grand Final. But the Broncos have agreed to release him from the rest of his 2019 contract to make a move to his native New Zealand.

“We are very sad to see Kodi leave the club,” said Broncos’ chief executive Paul White. “He has been with the Broncos since has was in his early teens. But we appreciate that Kodi has the chance to make a move that will benefit the future of his family, and as a new father that is important for him. We thank him for all the effort he has put in for the Broncos over the years, and will welcome him back to the club at any time in the future.”

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONFIRMED BY BRONCOS: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/05/03/broncos-release-nikorima/

THE Broncos have released Kodi Nikorima to take up a playing contract with the New Zealand Warriors.

Nikorima has played 86 NRL games for the Broncos, including the 2015 Grand Final. But the Broncos have agreed to release him from the rest of his 2019 contract to make a move to his native New Zealand.

“We are very sad to see Kodi leave the club,” said Broncos’ chief executive Paul White. “He has been with the Broncos since has was in his early teens. But we appreciate that Kodi has the chance to make a move that will benefit the future of his family, and as a new father that is important for him. We thank him for all the effort he has put in for the Broncos over the years, and will welcome him back to the club at any time in the future.”
Still think he was ‘injured’?

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt Nikorima has ability, and appears to be able to playing as a running 5/8 quite well when we decides to play.

Playing well consistently seems to be his main downfall, but he's not Robinson Crusoe there at the Donks (or a number of other clubs for that matter). I wonder if being under the Donks system since 12 has contributed to that attitude problem.

If he can consistently maintain good performances, than it will be money well spent by the Warriors...unfortunately he has gone to completely the wrong club to learn consistency.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's a good deal for the Warriors. Nikorima wasn't the issue at the Broncos, he can now play as a 6 and let Green do the leading.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's a good deal for the Warriors. Nikorima wasn't the issue at the Broncos, he can now play as a 6 and let Green do the leading.
I don't know why so many clubs try to make 2 ball running halves work...it rarely does.

Like wearing two left shoes.

Still think he was ‘injured’?
I just mentioned that because of what was reported.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now Nikorima can embrace being mediocre and never winning a comp, welcome to the Warrior's where we turn good players to shit.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just mentioned that because of what was reported.
A few of us mentioned that he refused to play because he was pissed off that he wouldn't be in the 13.

Think I was the first to post about it. (posted as a 'rumour') as I had no link. (I was following the forum rules)