Opinion War chest 2.0

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pass on grub, need a couple of old hard headed footballers.
James Maloney
Nathan friend
We need big game experienced footballers to start off , then build the team around these 2 guys!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Pass on grub, need a couple of old hard headed footballers.
James Maloney
Nathan friend
We need big game experienced footballers to start off , then build the team around these 2 guys!
You mean Jake Friend bro?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What about Jordan McLean from the cowboys?

he is off contract and was a star at the Storm before being injured for the Cowboys.

Big athletic powerful front rower standing at near 2 metres tall and still only 27 years of age.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
TBH I think it's all BS! once upon a time when Grub was told the Tigers were looking to offload him a journo said would you go back to the Bulldogs and he said something along the lines of how it would be a dream homecoming and since then the journos have a had a field day linking him to us and creating headlines whenever there's nothing else to write about and fill spaces. I believe Dean Pay already shot this down too a while ago.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...m-of-belmore-return/d4gdfweg95t71uz1ve4kknujk
Agree mate. I truly hope that Foran stays injury free for the rest of the season and he stays on for a year or two. Class player when fit. He just needs to show/prove that he can remain fit.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree mate. I truly hope that Foran stays injury free for the rest of the season and he stays on for a year or two. Class player when fit. He just needs to show/prove that he can remain fit.
Would definitely be happy with Foran signing on further if his terrible luck with injuries is done with. Club could put him through various medicals before committing and re-sign him for a bargain bottom price.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He would be good for 2 years. But need something in the works to replace him cause it’s still short term.
This is why I'm in favour of going after Friend,we get a reliable performer with plenty of experience that's far better than what we have while giving us a year or two to evaluate our options for the future. Unfortunately now all we do is half arse it and end up with players like JMK in roles they're never going to be good enough to fill.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is why I'm in favour of going after Friend,we get a reliable performer with plenty of experience that's far better than what we have while giving us a year or two to evaluate our options for the future. Unfortunately now all we do is half arse it and end up with players like JMK in roles they're never going to be good enough to fill.
Jordan Maclean ? to partner Napa, Tolman

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
With a so called War Chest. We don't have time for veterans. Maybe one. We need players in their prime. Top notch players. We need to be a top 4 team almost immediately in 2021 no excuses. We've been in exile for 4 to 5 years. With the dire times we are in, we need to remain relevant otherwise it'll be sayonara. We can't be relying on the league's club for a while. We need instant results. Let's hope we snag a few key players and possibly a coach if that helps.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jordan Maclean ? to partner Napa, Tolman
He's another potential option, younger than Tamou but hasn't really kicked on since leaving the Storm. There's defenitely a few good options available.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
With a so called War Chest. We don't have time for veterans. Maybe one. We need players in their prime. Top notch players. We need to be a top 4 team almost immediately in 2021 no excuses. We've been in exile for 4 to 5 years. With the dire times we are in, we need to remain relevant otherwise it'll be sayonara. We can't be relying on the league's club for a while. We need instant results. Let's hope we snag a few key players and possibly a coach if that helps.
We aren't getting close to top 4 unless we snag some contracted players, the club has pissed away these last few years and hasn't really developed players to the point where they've established a spot in the 13 like they claimed with the whole "development club" nonsense.

It's been how many years and we still don't have a single player established through the spine, like did the club honestly expect JMK and Lewis to nail down these roles? Lol. At least now we have the likes of Wakeham and Averillo coming through, yes it's very rare two young halves come good together but their skillset is far superior to anything we've had coming through in forever.

There isn't anyone in their prime available imo but there are few good options both young and old that would be major upgrades on the squad and beneficial for us over the next few years. All this means little until the coaching/staff situation improves out of sight though.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: move Elliott to second row with Jacko. Move Lewis to lock. Wakeham and Foran in halves pay Foran $500k for 2 years. Get grub back for utility spot. Tolman retires but great servant for the club. Thompson and Napa in front row wit toamaga and RFM off bench and britty. Averillo on wing and Meaney on other. Hoppa and Smith centres and butter fingers at fullback. This team excites me my nipple get goosebumps .... nasheed knows what I mean

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: move Elliott to second row with Jacko. Move Lewis to lock. Wakeham and Foran in halves pay Foran $500k for 2 years. Get grub back for utility spot. Tolman retires but great servant for the club. Thompson and Napa in front row wit toamaga and RFM off bench and britty. Averillo on wing and Meaney on other. Hoppa and Smith centres and butter fingers at fullback. This team excites me my nipple get goosebumps .... nasheed knows what I mean
I think Lewis should 100% be a lock. He’d be a great wade graham type if he ran the ball a bit more

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Israel Folau
Braiden trindall
Will Kennedy
John bateman
Harry grant or McGuinness

all these need to be signed for 2021.
Big No No to josh Reynolds.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like blake austin hes still got some good years and can score points. Has the ability to change a game. I know his defence wasnt the best but surely you can hide him or put him next to jacko

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You’ve got the right idea
To seriously become contenders we need 5 crucial signings
We need a big body to eat the metres & bend the line. J Tamou/Rhys Kennedy/C Welch or ideally Alex Walmsley.
*Absolute must#Hooker J FRIEND would be the choice or Cam McInnes
Half:- Jackson Hastings ( good organiser & goalkicker). Man of Steel 2019 season
Point scoring outside backs:- N Cotric, Hopoate brothers, Tesi Niu
A good utility with genuine speed in Connor Watson
Jake friend 50 tackles a game no passing no kicking no try assists 30yrs old and a dirty rooster no way!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We aren't getting close to top 4 unless we snag some contracted players, the club has pissed away these last few years and hasn't really developed players to the point where they've established a spot in the 13 like they claimed with the whole "development club" nonsense.

It's been how many years and we still don't have a single player established through the spine, like did the club honestly expect JMK and Lewis to nail down these roles? Lol. At least now we have the likes of Wakeham and Averillo coming through, yes it's very rare two young halves come good together but their skillset is far superior to anything we've had coming through in forever.

There isn't anyone in their prime available imo but there are few good options both young and old that would be major upgrades on the squad and beneficial for us over the next few years. All this means little until the coaching/staff situation improves out of sight though.
That's why manly won in 2011... Unearthed DCE and Foran ... With Averillo and Wakeham we can do the same if we bring in some quality around them especially at 9.