• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
With no political bias or anything, does the voice help, hinder or not effect a treaty/reparation push?
Ignore the #shitposting - its probably not that black and white (pardon the pun).

I'd imagine it will create more noise for it but its still a political decision not related to the Voice except that what was mentioned above by @Art Vandelay - its described that way in the Uluru statement. Pollies can ignore it or push for it. No one knows.

But thats exactly the same as we are today - Albo could sign a treaty tomorrow. Doesn't need the Voice for that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
With no political bias or anything, does the voice help, hinder or not effect a treaty/reparation push?
It could go either way. If the Voice doesn't get up then one of two things will happen:

- They will decide that if they couldn't get The Voice through, then a Treaty is no hope

or

- They will decide that a Treaty is the only thing they want from now on and they'll keep pushing it until it passes

If the Voice gets up, it won't help them get a Treaty. It just means that they will now have a committee that tells Parliament that they want a Treaty, and Parliament says, "no"

As an interesting side point, we are the only country in the world that has not offered a Treaty to our indigenous population.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
It could go either way. If the Voice doesn't get up then one of two things will happen:

- They will decide that if they couldn't get The Voice through, then a Treaty is no hope

or

- They will decide that a Treaty is the only thing they want from now on and they'll keep pushing it until it passes

If the Voice gets up, it won't help them get a Treaty. It just means that they will now have a committee that tells Parliament that they want a Treaty, and Parliament says, "no"

As an interesting side point, we are the only country in the world that has not offered a Treaty to our indigenous population.
That last line may not be correct. Don't think Brazil has a treaty with amazon tribes. And treat them like shite as well.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wouldn’t the billions they get in specific aid for their race of people already be reparations?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Australia could still spin a profit in reperations if they claim it all. So we’ve got Germany twice, and Japan once, Italy once and you could bill Vietnam and Korea. But we owe Iraq and Afghanistan and maybe the Aboriginals. So we are up 6-3.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So if NO wins, does that shut down the treaty?
No government would have the balls to head done that path if/when the no vote wins. We’ve been told the voice is only a “vibe” and the government/parliament doesn’t have to listen to them but can you imagine Albanese saying no to them? Nope, me either

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That last line may not be correct. Don't think Brazil has a treaty with amazon tribes. And treat them like shite as well.
Yeah, sorry. Meant just Commonwealth countries.

Brazil technically doesn't have a treaty, but they assigned lands to Indigenous tribes. But there is issues involved with it. Mainly 'cause Bolsonaro was a greedy prick. The new leader is good though. Working to protect tribes, save the rainforest, but he also strongly praises Russia.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn’t the billions they get in specific aid for their race of people already be reparations?
Yep. So why would anyone be worried about a treaty if reparations are already in place?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Australia could still spin a profit in reperations if they claim it all. So we’ve got Germany twice, and Japan once, Italy once and you could bill Vietnam and Korea. But we owe Iraq and Afghanistan and maybe the Aboriginals. So we are up 6-3.
Vietnam and Korea are our fault. We technically invaded their countries so we should be paying them reparations. We would owe Turkey reparations as well, but the Ottoman empire collapsed so there's no one left to pay.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep. So why would anyone be worried about a treaty if reparations are already in place?
As Thomas Mayo said, “We gotta pay the rent”

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Vietnam and Korea are our fault. We technically invaded their countries so we should be paying them reparations. We would owe Turkey reparations as well, but the Ottoman empire collapsed so there's no one left to pay.
We could get technical in ww1 and 2 and list every nation who joined the other side lol

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I believe there should be zero specific money for them and they should use the services the other 200 nationalities who live here use

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Johnny Farnham is lending his song for the voice yes campaign. The media are pushing the narrative.

People out on streets with banners pushing yes or no votes.

Instead of trying to influence peoples votes, just present the facts clearly and let people make up their own minds for what they think is best for the country.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Johnny Farnham is lending his song for the voice yes campaign. The media are pushing the narrative.

People out on streets with banners pushing yes or no votes.

Instead of trying to influence peoples votes, just present the facts clearly and let people make up their own minds for what they think is best for the country.
The lyrics in that song, “You’re the voice try and understand it” are very fitting as not even the prime minister understands it so how will the general public haha. Don’t know vote no

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The lyrics in that song, “You’re the voice try and understand it” are very fitting as not even the prime minister understands it so how will the general public haha. Don’t know vote no
He'll be listening to "turn the pressure down" come next election.
I dont do politics but Id be hard pressed to vote for the little weasel.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He'll be listening to "turn the pressure down" come next election.
I dont do politics but Id be hard pressed to vote for the little weasel.
Haha I think he’s fast realising there’s more to running the country than going to social events and drinking beers

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha I think he’s fast realising there’s more to running the country than going to social events and drinking beers
Im not academically smart and dont have the capacity to understand politics. I do believe I have enough street smarts to know when someone is trying to pull the wool over my eyes. Albo doesnt fill me with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.