Opinion V'Landys has to go!!!

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really has exposed how bad the bottom teams are that’s for sure. There just isn’t the talent available to sustain the competition at this level long term...
So I keep on harking for a draft they don’t do something soon the game dies you can’t have the same shit teams at the top year in year out

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I enjoy watching the other 7 games each week.. games are opening up and line breaks are a plenty, which is great to watch.. some inconsistency with the refs, but that's hardly new..

Don't blame the game just because we are the same boring shit team as we were before.. you can blame the coach for that..

The fact we haven't score a point in 3 games is even more damming because of the new rules..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol what a crock of shit, all these rules have done is expose the clubs that don’t have good systems in place for their juniors and have shit recruitment and retention systems, there are four or five club’s that just need to be better at being football clubs it’s that simple the quality of football between the better run clubs has been fucking outstanding we just aren’t one of them.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol what a crock of shit, all these rules have done is expose the clubs that don’t have good systems in place for their juniors and have shit recruitment and retention systems, there are four or five club’s that just need to be better at being football clubs it’s that simple the quality of football between the better run clubs has been fucking outstanding we just aren’t one of them.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So I keep on harking for a draft they don’t do something soon the game dies you can’t have the same shit teams at the top year in year out
There will never ever be a draft again in the NRL after it was legally challenged by Terry Hill

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pls. Back in the 90’s etc there were always the same sides dominating. Same in the 80’s. We’re just shit now that’s all.
The salary cap was meant to change that but the problem is they started making exemptions for this & that & it is almost useless. The only difference now is that the dominating teams have changed

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I enjoy watching the other 7 games each week.. games are opening up and line breaks are a plenty, which is great to watch.. some inconsistency with the refs, but that's hardly new..

Don't blame the game just because we are the same boring shit team as we were before.. you can blame the coach for that..

The fact we haven't score a point in 3 games is even more damming because of the new rules..
I used to watch every game, but now if the Bulldogs weren't in the comp, I wouldn't watch. You can't go 3 minutes without seeing a refereeing blunder. It infuriates me.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The rule changes give referees almost total immunity to scrutiny. I'm not saying that we'd be dominating if the 6 again rule wasn't in place. But this system really allows them to make decisions on the fly that just don't seem to have any reasoning behind them. I've been watching the game since I was old enough to know the rules. I wouldn't say that I don't understand the rules anymore, but I'm fucked if I know how they're applied.

Vlandys took over the racing industry from someone that frequently caught out shonky dealings. After he took over there are supposedly no more shonky dealings, or alternatively he's set systems in place that allow cheats to get away with it if it suits the gambling industry.

Believe it or not but more and more people are coming over to the idea that referees are responsible for haing a fucking massive input into the outcomes of games. I started believing that refs worked hand in hand with gambling agencies when a friend pointed out that he was making decent money on backing goalkickers to be the first point scorers every match. Not huge money because they were pretty short odds for goalkickers to score first points, but I watched for the refs to blow the whistle in front of the sticks and saw that it was pretty frequent. Not long after that Tandy and a lot of other footballers and agents were investigated for apparently catching onto it and betting on what my mate had clued into and made a few thousand dollars on over the course of a few months. From then on I was suspicious and watched for other trends. It may be cognitive bias but I frequently saw one sided refereeing then. And all of this happened after the NRL allowed a gambling provider to get their claws into the game. It's an absolutely massive conflict of interest.

I just look at the rules Vlandys has implemented and think that with his influence we've given referees an almost unimpeded oppportuity to directly affect the outcomes of games. If there were no people suspicious of this it wouldn't be an open topic. You may think other people are paranoid or wearing tinfoil hats. But there are plenty of people that would look at those who can't see the conflict of interest (Gambling agencies should have no involvement with a sport they provide odds on), biased refereeing and blatantly wrong calls as wearing blinkers. I spoke about this to a sisters boyfriend who supports the Sharts and he said I was probably right, but he'd rather ignore it and just try to enjoy the game anyway. I personally would still care that we lose if refereeing was fair, but I find it hard to even enjoy winning if I think the ref handed us a victory (not that that has happened in recent years).

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BOOM! Remember how rubbish the Bunnies and Eels were in the 90’s as one example...
There might have been a few dominating teams. But we're in a situation now where certain teams regularly fall to the bottom few places on the ladder and it takes years for them to move. Blame poor management if you want, but the system is broken when you can generally have about three or four teams battling for the spoon every year unless they cheat (the eels were a case in point in getting caught cheating the cap while winning three consecutive spoons). The salary cap was supposed to end this by providing a level playing field, but instead we see these bullshit articles from players supposedly taking 200-300k per year less to stay in successful systems. You can't honestly tell me that player managers would accept this shit.