Vaughan deserves to be re-signed.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wanted to stay in NRL and is why he took a one year deal to impress us or other clubs if we didnt extend him.

My bet was he was waiting for Redcliffe to come calling but after their latest signings (Props: Bromich, Nicholls and Wallace) I daresay he might consider an offer from us especially if the Dolphins offer the same or lower than us.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Vaughan did a decent job, for a decent wage. He can leave holding his head high, unlike someone else...

I think at the end of the day we're fine at prop next year (even with us trying to push another prop out the door...) and we can use Vaughan's cap space in a better way.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has been our best forward season. If we weren’t losing all
The time he’d be getting the credit he deserves

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
King's been better and TPJ gives us a point of difference. He's been much better than Thompson tho.
Pangai is good but he needs to simmer down a little. Loves giving a way a penalty. Yeah love max what a player.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well no way will they move him on until his current contract has finished, which is the end of next year. As for the extension that’s not what I want but, if we’re doing a lot better than we are now, than I feel the club will offer him a one year extension.
I know this topic gets heated but unless Jackson is planning on seeing out his playing days with Mounties there’s no way we should be extending him. He’s served us well but is way past his best. This year should be his last with a nice club ambassador role waiting for him

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know this topic gets heated but unless Jackson is planning on seeing out his playing days with Mounties there’s no way we should be extending him. He’s served us well but is way past his best. This year should be his last with a nice club ambassador role waiting for him
We aren’t affiliated with Mounties after this year so not much chance of that happening….

Reactions: ATT

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
King's been better and TPJ gives us a point of difference. He's been much better than Thompson tho.
Who are we replacing him with, leaves a hole imo Sutton isn't a like replacement I wouldnt have thought and the cupboards are a bit bare otherwise?

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Vaughan did enough for a 1 year extension to be honest. And he's far to good to be going to superleague I can't believe another NRL club didn't pick him up. Must be a prick of a bloke ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who are we replacing him with, leaves a hole imo Sutton isn't a like replacement I wouldnt have thought and the cupboards are a bit bare otherwise?
King, TPJ, Sutton and Patolo front row rotation. Jackson also in the middle. At this stage Thompson's also still with us but I'd move him on too. I'd still be making a play for Matterson. I'd be promoting a couple of our most promising props or signing some close to minimum wages as back-up in the top 30 (talented kids that want a top 30 spot, similar to the second rower we just signed). I think we're going to be more than fine in the front row.

Last edited:

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hes give much more effort than dufty but still not good enough to be our starting prop, not fussed hes going

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
GUS MUST HAVE A PLAN................................... Is it the "Haas Plan"???

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Resigning Vaughn should have been a no brainer. What's the club thinking. Lacks any sort of logic not to resign him. Why sign Sutton if it's a money issue. Experienced hard nosed props like him don't grow on trees.

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
King, TPJ, Sutton and Patolo front row rotation. Jackson also in the middle. At this stage Thompson's also still with us but I'd move him on too. I'd still be making a play for Matterson. I'd be promoting a couple of our most promising props or signing some close to minimum wages as back-up in the top 30 (talented kids that want a top 30 spot, similar to the second rower we just signed). I think we're going to be more than fine in the front row.
Yeah with patolo the walking head knock and Sutton aka tolman 2.0 we will be more than fine…. That’s a premiership winning front row rotation right there…… absolutely frightening for the opposition