Vaughan deserves to be re-signed.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an 80 minute player, 100%. But on rotation still offers value for next year. 2024 gone.
RFM was outstanding vs the Eels. Maybe he should be our 12 and Jackson should be 17.

The Eels are putting Nathan Brown at 17, but they stated that he is free to leave and he's 29.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need 2 more props i feel maybe we are a big chance with hass ,max king and another dynamic agressive prop with tpj at 13 would be ideal

So is Thommo gone? If so no brainer to grab Klemmer and re-sign RFM.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doubt were signing a HB unless someone like Hunt becomes available and Klemmer and RFM at the middles you can afford.
Hunt would be a game changer for us but I doubt it. Klemmer…no thanks.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
King, TPJ, Sutton and Patolo. Ava still contracted and we will sign/promote at least 1 more on near minimum wage... not hard to understand
Lol ok if you think Patolo and Sutton are going to match it with the best forward packs then you got no clue

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol ok if you think Patolo and Sutton are going to match it with the best forward packs then you got no clue
You got no clue, I watch every game, every player. TPJ and King play 50-60 minutes in the middle. There's nothing wrong with Sutton and Patolo for 20-30 minutes a game in the middle. The Eels have O. Kaufusi and Makatoa as their bench props. You can't win this game with me.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
People may disagree but I'd take Klemmer backif we got him on a cut price deal and could offload Thompson without paying freight.
Only front rowers I'd sign from other clubs to suit our needs currently would be him and J.Tapine. Haas to expensive.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got no clue, I watch every game, every player. TPJ and King play 50-60 minutes in the middle. There's nothing wrong with Sutton and Patolo for 20-30 minutes a game in the middle. The Eels have O. Kaufusi and Makatoa as their bench props. You can't win this game with me.
Cheers. Remind me how many premierships the Eels have won the last 30 years ?

You’re not winning competitions with players like those you mentioned. My point was you need your bench props to maintain the momentum created by your starting props. How about you look at the benchmark teams in the comp… Melbourne have Asofa-Solomona coming off the bench. Penrith have Spencer Leniu coming off the bench.

I can’t win this game with you? Yeah because providing my opinion is really a game. Grow up.

Ps. In case you missed last weeks game, that pack you speak of with Oregon Kaufusi and Makatoa got beaten by a pack with Waddell and Stimson in it

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
King, TPJ, Sutton and Patolo front row rotation. Jackson also in the middle. At this stage Thompson's also still with us but I'd move him on too. I'd still be making a play for Matterson. I'd be promoting a couple of our most promising props or signing some close to minimum wages as back-up in the top 30 (talented kids that want a top 30 spot, similar to the second rower we just signed). I think we're going to be more than fine in the front row.
It is what it is but for me the back up is the worry or could be.
Sutton is a query but maybe he surprises, I like young Patolo but the head knocks are getting pretty concerning and Jacko? Hmmm.
Need another guy I would think, guess Gus is onto it.

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
He has played well the last couple of games but took him too long to get going unfortunately. Disappointing as I was telling all that he played for Australia in 2019, the guy is good. He’s going to carve it up in England.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People may disagree but I'd take Klemmer backif we got him on a cut price deal and could offload Thompson without paying freight.
Only front rowers I'd sign from other clubs to suit our needs currently would be him and J.Tapine. Haas to expensive.
Klemmer's numbers for the last few years have been consistently solid. He doesn't have the spark that he did in his early career but he makes consistent metres and tackles. His 2022 averages are 144m, 34 tackles and 2.2 offloads. Still though, I don't think we need him back especially with Sutton coming next year.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m a bit concerned about who will take Vaughans workload next season. He’s been really good recently

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh agree, we cant afford to lose TPJ
WE certainly need 3 good middles, Thompson is not a middle IMHO, I still think the club should keep Vaughn foe another year or 2.
How I would love us to get Hass, I'm sure it would help us keep Burton long term.