US Riots

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm surprised to not see any threads on the protesters that have stormed Capitol hill in here. Maybe the mods have deleted threads already in which case this one probably won't last long either. But what are peoples thoughts on this. I haven't been on the kennel much today so I'm not sure if threads have been closed down.

My thoughts.
I can't help but think this might be the first of a series of events. As we know Muricans are frequently armed to the teeth. Any one of many hundreds of thousands of misguided morons might feel they're being patriotic by attempting to assassinate Biden in the near future. I doubt it will go beyond that and become anything like a civil war, but today we saw that mass stupidity can threaten the safety of the US politicians as a whole and it actually surprises me that only one woman was killed. Todays events will be a massive boost to Trumps ego and I'm sure that most involved will feel very proud of their efforts to keep one of the most selfish and narcissistic Presidents in US history in power despite election results. I can't help but think if it was protesters storming a building to get at Trump, that the civillian death toll would have been high as I really think he'd have ordered police to open fire on them.

I had a brief chat on messenger with an American woman I know and she's very much ashamed about the level of stupidity that those involved showed.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm surprised to not see any threads on the protesters that have stormed Capitol hill in here. Maybe the mods have deleted threads already in which case this one probably won't last long either. But what are peoples thoughts on this. I haven't been on the kennel much today so I'm not sure if threads have been closed down.

My thoughts.
I can't help but think this might be the first of a series of events. As we know Muricans are frequently armed to the teeth. Any one of many hundreds of thousands of misguided morons might feel they're being patriotic by attempting to assassinate Biden in the near future. I doubt it will go beyond that and become anything like a civil war, but today we saw that mass stupidity can threaten the safety of the US politicians as a whole and it actually surprises me that only one woman was killed. Todays events will be a massive boost to Trumps ego and I'm sure that most involved will feel very proud of their efforts to keep one of the most selfish and narcissistic Presidents in US history in power despite election results. I can't help but think if it was protesters storming a building to get at Trump, that the civillian death toll would have been high as I really think he'd have ordered police to open fire on them.

I had a brief chat on messenger with an American woman I know and she's very much ashamed about the level of stupidity that those involved showed.
All the discussion about it is on the presidential election thread, mate.

It’s just crazy how things have escalated.... or more to the point, how someone who holds the highest office in the country has allowed snd even encouraged things to escalate.

it’s very hard to assassinate a president given the security details they have. I think Biden will be ok in that regard..... but the possibility of more violence and civil unrest is a real and scary one..... trump has finally released a concession statement of sorts and committed to a peaceful transition....hopefully that will calm them down a bit.... but I dunno. Seems the fuse has siresdy been lit.... and even in his concession he doubled down on his fraud claims..

And apparently trump initially resisted calling in the national guard today when he
was advised to do it.... shocking snd unconscionable behaviour from the leader of a democratic country.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All the discussion about it is on the presidential election thread, mate.

It’s just crazy how things have escalated.... or more to the point, how someone who holds the highest office in the country has allowed snd even encouraged things to escalate.

it’s very hard to assassinate a president given the security details they have. I think Biden will be ok in that regard..... but the possibility of more violence and civil unrest is a real and scary one..... trump has finally released a concession statement of sorts and committed to a peaceful transition....hopefully that will calm them down a bit.... but I dunno. Seems the fuse has siresdy been lit.... and even in his concession he doubled down on his fraud claims..

And apparently trump initially resisted calling in the national guard today when he
was advised to do it.... shocking snd unconscionable behaviour from the leader of a democratic country.
I've never even opened that thread to be honest.

Absolutely batshit crazy that it escalated like this. I could understand if a riot like this had happened about the poisoned water in Flint Michigan given that their government allows their manufacturing industry to use pure mountain water while denying it to the citizens they poison. But a riot to keep an ousted president is just beyond belief.

Even with the security details. I think America has enough deluded people to think that throwing their lives away in the attempt is a heroic act of patriotism. But as you say I hope things calm down. As much as I dislike their tendency to use supposed peacekeeping efforts or war to get resources cheaply, I don't despise their population as a whole enough to hope that they tear themselves apart. They've already got enough to deal with in trying to get Covid under control.

Trump at his core is a spoiled brat who has never had to admit to mistakes and it doesn't surprise me that he'd be unwilling to quell this quickly when it's feeding his massive ego to see his supporters behaving this way.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Murika is starting to reap what it sowed....
I think that the population is largely brainwashed enough to not see their warlike ways as evil. I know a few yanks that can see beyond the propaganda that has been fed to them since childhood. It would be hard for them to think critically given that their education standards are poor unless they're wealthy enough to pay through the teeth for it. I blame the powerful for most of the problems in the world. Whether they be the heads of corporations, religions or world leaders, they largely dictate what their supporters are having drilled into their heads by manipulative leaders.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never even opened that thread to be honest.

Absolutely batshit crazy that it escalated like this. I could understand if a riot like this had happened about the poisoned water in Flint Michigan given that their government allows their manufacturing industry to use pure mountain water while denying it to the citizens they poison. But a riot to keep an ousted president is just beyond belief.

Even with the security details. I think America has enough deluded people to think that throwing their lives away in the attempt is a heroic act of patriotism. But as you say I hope things calm down. As much as I dislike their tendency to use supposed peacekeeping efforts or war to get resources cheaply, I don't despise their population as a whole enough to hope that they tear themselves apart. They've already got enough to deal with in trying to get Covid under control.

Trump at his core is a spoiled brat who has never had to admit to mistakes and it doesn't surprise me that he'd be unwilling to quell this quickly when it's feeding his massive ego to see his supporters behaving this way.
Trump has creditors and tax agents after him. Another term as President would see immunity extended, and these problems disappear. He is desperate to hold off the consequences of losing a second term, which is why he is prepared to allow anything to happen if it helps his cause.

He has no respect for his followers - they are an easy target to fleece their money from, and they give him an air of "credibility" when they mob together at rallies, pretending to represent the ordinary citizens of the USA. You only have to look at how he called for them to march on the Capitol, announcing he'd be there with them, then he pissed off back to the White House, and left them to do their thing without him.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Murika is starting to reap what it sowed....
Correct. Charles Croucher put it well:
Remember ‘Build the Wall’, ‘Drain the Swamp’ and ‘Lock her Up’. The wall isn’t built, the swamp isn’t drained and those in jail (until pardoned) were not those intended. Legacy? Pffft.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Biggest defense budget in the world but can't protect Capitol Hill from Trump supporters
And despite the relevant security personnel having extensive relevant training including sharing techniques for exactly this situation with elite forces around the world.