Opinion Update on Signings

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep.. Every club still front and back loads deals. It just has to be within reason by 50-100k or so and not Eastwood like deals where it's a 500k difference one year. Des caused them to change the rule.
so dumb that we have to waste our cap and pay overs on average players to fill out the top 30 when there's no one good available on the market

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can pickup either SAIFITI brother for 2024 and follow that up with FOTUAIKA for 2025 along with a game managing 7. 2025 can see us turning things around.

I still think that FOTUAIKA could be a possibility for 2024.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
so dumb that we have to waste our cap and pay overs on average players to fill out the top 30 when there's no one good available on the market
I think that's why Gus is being creative with the excess cap space we have by front loading certain guys, especially those upgraded and extended like Burton, Preston etc.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Assuming we have alot of money left in the cap with the players let go, and with nothing great left on the open market I wonder how we plan on spending 95% of the cap.
It has been mentioned that game bonuses have to be included in the cap, even if they don't end up being paid out...

Why don't we give out Grand Final bonuses to fill the remaining in the cap for 2024?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm thinking Salmon shows all these cucks at training he's a Panther like Ciro wants and he starts him at lock. Possibly Ola backs him up at some point
Would say Hutcho/Mann and Salmon lock the middle for us whilst they switch up between being the utility. Loving those three signings tbh..

Good chance KO will get given time to grow in reserve grade.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would take a lot of pressure off King.

8. D.Siafiti
10. Twal

15. SST
16. King
Im hopin for that tbh with Mo F in the pipeline to take over from SST.

It will probably not get us a prem but will keep us very competitive as we head towards a long term premiership window.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We're not going anywhere good with Sexton and Burton as our halves. I'm hoping Oloapu and Taaffe can step up. Taaffe played 7 for NSW under 19s. Oloapu has a great short passing game and can defend strong. Burton can't do either.

I remember Taaffe having a very good game at 7 against us a few years ago
If we actually match opposition packs, our halves might just go well off the back of momentum.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Taffe is a career nsw cup player and Saifiti is at the end of his career the game has gone past him and his brother he’s just a plodder now

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It has been mentioned that game bonuses have to be included in the cap, even if they don't end up being paid out...

Why don't we give out Grand Final bonuses to fill the remaining in the cap for 2024?
The Cap is audited 3 times per year, once at season start, then end of June and finally after the season is completed. If we utilised totally unrealistic bonuses, either too high or too low then we would fail the 95% (soon to be 97.5%) spend requirement at maybe the mid season audit, but almost certainly at the after season audit. That’s why bonuses are not all that common and generally represent quite a small % of the player‘s contract.

Always a Bulldog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thing that should greatly help the team is the mistake riddled feet for hands shirtgrabbers like Oki etc have been moved on. Can't wait to see if he learns to tackle and catch the ball over in UK....will be keenly following his progress and hopefully improvement.

We'll have a chance now at least for the forwards to maintain possession and build some pressure....well at least a better chance as these kind of players are weeded out...hopefully we don't find another lot lol.