Opinion Update on Signings

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully he puts on a bit more size in the offseason.. he has a lot more talent than the other utilities we bought.
I couldn't agree more, but I think we need to play the long game with this next generation to ensure they have a successful transition to first grade. I think Gus signing alot of obvious stop gap players means we will be taking it slow. Frustrating for fans but I think it's the right approach.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Done with burton . Rocke and diamonds, has no urgency or no ticker. Admit he’s got heaps of talent but he never is mindsetted into a no mistake accurate game. Taffe in the halves, wouldn’t mind seeing him at centre or fullback or 13

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait. Is Dsaf not a good player? I’d take him over the powder puffs we have been running out.

Our forwards are so soft and our middle defence non existent that teams literally don’t even try to score against us. With Saifiti and Twal in our 17 (at the expense of thompson, Sutton, rfm already makes us way better then this season.

That pack and team would be 40 on this years team.
You just have to laugh at TK at times :laughing:

At 120kg and 6'5 he would fill a massive need .... SIZE.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You just have to laugh at TK at times :laughing:

At 120kg and 6'5 he would fill a massive need .... SIZE.
Even Dylan Napa would be a step up on what we have :p haha jokes.

But I’d definitely be keen on Saifiti, Twal and anyone else that has a go and can tackle. We had the worst roster in 2023 and overachieved to 7 wins. We lack any form of nrl standard in our team, our pack and our training. Bringing in 2 nrl standard props will propel us greatly.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saifiti reported to be on $880k no surprise knights considering offloading him will have to cough up a decent chunk of freight to facilitate a move. Moneyball deal in play.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I actually want to go after the hard **** who took on one of the Saifiti brothers outside the pub in the Hunter a few years ago and kicked his arse, including breaking his leg. I think it was Boyd Cordner's brother, or am I imagining that?

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I actually want to go after the hard **** who took on one of the Saifiti brothers outside the pub in the Hunter a few years ago and kicked his arse, including breaking his leg. I think it was Boyd Cordner's brother, or am I imagining that?
Yep it was Cordner’s brother. He’d be mid 30s now I reckon, vaguely remember him being the older brother of Boyd, who is like 31-32 now.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Saifiti reported to be on $880k no surprise knights considering offloading him will have to cough up a decent chunk of freight to facilitate a move. Moneyball deal in play.
That is insane he is on 880k. Knights would have to contribute at least 60% for anyone to be interested. Is Jacob or Daniel better?

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is insane he is on 880k. Knights would have to contribute at least 60% for anyone to be interested. Is Jacob or Daniel better?
Don’t watch enough knights games to give an educated answer. Dan was a gun in his prime but dropped off in recent years. Would assume Jacob would not be on same $ as his brother ??

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We don’t need to moneyBall. We have so much Vap space and no one to spend it on
If we go for the moneyball play we likely miss out.
We will need to pay 700 of that figure if it’s correct

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
are we still allowed to front load contracts?
Yep.. Every club still front and back loads deals. It just has to be within reason by 50-100k or so and not Eastwood like deals where it's a 500k difference one year. Des caused them to change the rule.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don’t need to moneyBall. We have so much Vap space and no one to spend it on
If we go for the moneyball play we likely miss out.
We will need to pay 700 of that figure if it’s correct
All comes down to how desperate knights are to move him on and if any other clubs are interested. Think I saw he is contracted to end 25 so we have to offer at least 3 year deal.
Knights need to recruit halves to take pressure off ponga and this is the second time siafitis name has come up so sounds like they will move him on at the right price.