Opinion Update on Signings

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the current lack of clever small stature halves?

Mine thoughts are pretty simple, the smaller players are forced out due to the absence of weight divisions.

Always a Bulldog
Has a bit to do with it but also smaller players, smalller talented players that have footy sense - with eye hand foot coordination, spatial awareness, extra good peripheral vision dominant personailities etc are generally good at other sports and enticed to those other sports because lack of size is less of an issue.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I’ll admit I didn’t think it was as bad. But how do you determine different hip drops? Hip drop is a hip drop. The NRLol as so fucked with consistency and sin bins. Preston also got binned in the Good Friday game and not charged. But was also a victim of one by Murray and nothing said. Top teams are protected species.
Don't penalise a hip drop to begin with? I don't know maye. It used to be a regulation tackle. The game used to be tough too, so I don't know anymore.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparenty dogs linked with him from titans i think last name is alick heard from my source

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparenty dogs linked with him from titans i think last name is alick heard from my source
Titans second-rower Jacob Alick has been in outstanding form for feeder side Burleigh Bears and could come into contention for an NRL debut if Justin Holbrook rests David Fifita this week after Origin. 23-year-old Alick scored a try and set up two more in Burliehg’s big win on the weekend. He also got three linebreaks, a linebreak assist, six tackle busts and ran for 161 metres. Alick joined Burleigh before the 2022 season and juggled his footy with work at the movie cinemas before picking up a six-week train-and-trial with the Titans. He impressed enough to be signed on a two-year Top 30 deal.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Titans second-rower Jacob Alick has been in outstanding form for feeder side Burleigh Bears and could come into contention for an NRL debut if Justin Holbrook rests David Fifita this week after Origin. 23-year-old Alick scored a try and set up two more in Burliehg’s big win on the weekend. He also got three linebreaks, a linebreak assist, six tackle busts and ran for 161 metres. Alick joined Burleigh before the 2022 season and juggled his footy with work at the movie cinemas before picking up a six-week train-and-trial with the Titans. He impressed enough to be signed on a two-year Top 30 deal.
His overall qcup stats look very impressive. Scores plenty of tries and defends at 95% efficiency.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His overall qcup stats look very impressive. Scores plenty of tries and defends at 95% efficiency.
I've watched him play. A bit like Jake Turbo with his ball playing, workhorse but doesn't really bend the line or run hard. I'd say he's more of a Danny Fullalo.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's probably no truth to it and both players stay at the Tigers but the 360 clowns are reporting that Papali'i and Utoikamanu both have clauses in their deals and could be available.

We have the cap space.. I'd gladly take both. Get one or both of those and our pack starts to look legit.. But again, both will probably stay with the Tigers and get more money..

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's probably no truth to it and both players stay at the Tigers but the 360 clowns are reporting that Papali'i and Utoikamanu both have clauses in their deals and could be available.

We have the cap space.. I'd gladly take both. Get one or both of those and our pack starts to look legit.. But again, both will probably stay with the Tigers and get more money..
Big Stefano is exactly what we need, and wouldn't destroy our cap to get him.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I thought the Stefano clause was finals or to play SOO. Well he played SOO so guessing clause isn't active. Papalii not so sure. He doesn't look happy, but do we want someone who agitates for a release when on good money? I am sure tigers are paying him plenty.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs considering 2 year contract for Kurt Mann .
It’s in the Telegraph
Omfg we literally only signed Salmon just because he’s Penrith lolololol

Malla

Reaction score
Bulldogs considering 2 year contract for Kurt Mann .
It’s in the Telegraph
Wouldn't trust anything DT publish. When have they been right about a Dogs rumour?

However this would be much better than Watson.

From this, I assume Taafe is literally going to be depth for fullback, Salmon second row and (if true) Mann is bench/utility.