Status
Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Didn't want to post this but in light of how well some have taken the election loss - why not.
View attachment 51749
Hahaha that’s hilarious. At first glance I thought it was Albo waiting for the Chinese but then remembered he’s been talking tough the last couple of days to your Chinese family

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Hahaha that’s hilarious. At first glance I thought it was Albo waiting for the Chinese but then remembered he’s been talking tough the last couple of days to your Chinese family
Sorry bro - 2nd fleet Aussie but will say that I believe Albo has guaranteed internet access will be maintained to every hillbilly underground bunker in Australia.

Your good buddy.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve really enjoyed having discussions here with you blokes without being subjected to a million boring and one-sided links. It looks like the funs over. I look forward to the next update on the opinions of brainwashed and isolated Mark McGowan supporters in the hermit kingdom. The Fren family on Travel Guides Australia have been joined by their grandmother
God help us all.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry bro - 2nd fleet Aussie but will say that I believe Albo has guaranteed internet access will be maintained to every hillbilly underground bunker in Australia.

Your good buddy.
Ahh ok so just a Chinese sympathiser. I hear Penny Wong is in Fiji sorting the China issue out. He’s the right man for the job. I better get back to my underground bunker. The ocean is glassy today but I haven’t seen any whales migrating. There were a couple yesterday. How’s the view from your bunker?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes. I’m only sending you 5 Monopoly sets. Roughly the same number as your IQ.
Imagine coming up with that retort all on your own :tearsofjoy:.
1653523718862.gif

Anyway, you’ll likely get yourself banned again before long so I’ll look out for the ‘new’ user: @SMortimer :-).

Always a pleasure chump, oops champ…

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"The release of information on election day concerning ‘on water matters’ that had hitherto been ensconced in complete secrecy smacked of a desperate and transparent attempt to stir up fear over Labor’s record on boat arrivals. Labor has rightly announced an investigation, though asking Mike Pezzulo to investigate alleged political interference in his own department seems like sending the goat to investigate who ate all your cabbage.”

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
"The release of information on election day concerning ‘on water matters’ that had hitherto been ensconced in complete secrecy smacked of a desperate and transparent attempt to stir up fear over Labor’s record on boat arrivals. Labor has rightly announced an investigation, though asking Mike Pezzulo to investigate alleged political interference in his own department seems like sending the goat to investigate who ate all your cabbage.”
Was a strange text to receive. Couldn’t help but put it in the too weird basket of the passed two years.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be fair we had a two year pandemic which no matter who was in power was like a wrecking ball for business with people either stuck at home, no tourism, no foreign students and other realities that either caused small business to shut up shop or big business to downsize. Then we’ve had market shock with Ukraine resulting in price rises like fuel where freight is moving to rail instead of road - which has other knock on effects. But equally we’ve seen a bounce back in the unemployment numbers so timing is everything and the timing of this election worked for one team and not the other. Similar to the US - I reckon Trump would’ve won a second term (phew, he didn’t) had he not botched the Covid response so badly with his bleach and UV lights. I just don’t think it’s realistic to simply blame the government of the day (in Australia at least) for their ‘policies’ as to why we’ve seen some of the outcomes we’ve seen over the past two years.
The economic model which the libs have been favouring for years is that you look after those at the top of the economic food chain and they'll happily let the money flow in down to the workers (useless eaters as has been thrown round in this thread). But it's a model that economists world wide laugh at. Not the last couple of LNP governments though. So the issue began well before the pandemic. Wage stagnation didn't start 2 years ago. Inflation being vastly higher than wage growth isn't a 2 year old issue.

The pandemic might have highlighted the problem and the LNP jobkeeper solution basically required small business topay U front on the assumption that they'd get money back later. Huge organisations like Harvey Norman and the airlines got cash that didn't flow to wages which they haven't had to pay back.

Status
Not open for further replies.