Unpopular opinions you have

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I remember some funny incidences growing up.

Many may years ago, we had a huge family reunion at Cronulla and there were these ladies with funny scarves on their heads in overcoat looking garments in 35degree heat, busily cooking these things on metal sticks on cookers.

The blokes all sat doing nothing in their t-shirts, pants or shorts.

This is back in the 70's btw.

So we were so intrigued. Smelling the yummy cooking while we sat there with our devon sandwiches on Tip Top white.

So my outgoing cousin goes over and asks if she can try it. The ladies were so happy and proud and generous and called us over to have some. Our mothers were worried. I dont think they thought it was poison lol but we went over anyway.

The ice was broken. Our family had a tradition of cricket with this hand made bat that appeared every Australia Day or Christmas reunion and we taught our new friends how to play.

From that moment on we started to understand other nationalities.

We've travelled to a lot of countries and have always found the people great. It's just the politicians who stuff things up. It is wasn't for them pollies, and the media, everyone would get along.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hacky is right. I think it's a bloody disgrace the way you are dishonouring your Australian heritance and getting tangled up in all these foreigners shocking ways.

Eating their fancy schmancy food and funny looking bread and trashing our traditional food like pies, chops and damper. That's the kinda food you should be eatin' on Straya Day. Not that new Australian stuff that turns you into a good neighbour sharing the place with foreigners.

What kinda skippy are ya! You need to give ya self an upper cut and come to your senses.
If you're not eating raw witchetty grubs on Australia day then you're doing it wrong.