News UNLUCKY DOG TO BE DISCARDED

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has lived off his Uncles name for years. Only got a contract here because of his last name. Remember the 'Broncos were after him' & we beat them to get his signature. Was hit made up shit from his camp & no one wanted him.

Last edited:

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Canterbury playmaker Lachlan Lewis looks set to be cast aside by the Bulldogs.
The 24-year-old, who is the nephew of rugby league royalty Wally Lewis, played one of his best NRL games on Saturday when he starred in a narrow loss to the Roosters.

Lewis scored two first-half tries after being called into the side at the expense of battling No.7 Kyle Flanagan.

But Wide World of Sportsreports Lewis won’t be offered a new deal at Belmore when his contract runs out in October.

He’s played only three NRL games this season, and played 13 last year, having struggled badly to retain a place in the team.

The Bulldogs have Matt Burton coming to the club, and now it’s up to coach Trent Barrett to decide who partners Burton in the halves.

If Lewis leaves it will be a battle between Flanagan, Jake Averillo, and Brandon Wakeham for the role.
Send him to the Broncos im sure it would make his Uncle proud!

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The comments about Lewis on the Bulldogs 4 Life page are funny. I didn’t know Lewis is one of our best players.
Lewis has had 3 years to show he was a decent half. I read on here that is on 350k, we could use that to upgrade the contracts of Topine, Schouup & BBO.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The comments about Lewis on the Bulldogs 4 Life page are funny. I didn’t know Lewis is one of our best players.
Lewis has had 3 years to show he was a decent half. I read on here that is on 350k, we could use that to upgrade the contracts of Topine, Schouup & BBO.
I'm sure I just saw a petition on that page to save Lachie LOL

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Storm would make him the player he should have been. Lewis has potential, but is in a team of flops.
I'd rather see Flanagan given the heave ho.
We are probably getting rid of both... Lewis will end up in Q cup and get a run in the new QLD team with Ash Taylor.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or sign a decent prop, even potentially 2 decent props. The fact he's on 350+ a year is a joke

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JMK has had more opportunity than Lewis.. both mot good enough as longterm NRL solutions imo ..

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guarantee he becomes. Better player when he leaves. Better in one game then Flanagan combined in All his games and great defense. Storm would benefit him

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
they all love him, ive been having plenty on there, been getting smashed by the lewie lovers

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
we will get flogged this weekend, lewis will go back to having a shocker and then he is sacked once again.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can anyone explain:
If Lewis is not in the plans for the dogs next year, with 8 games left and no chance of the dogs playing finals, why is he being selected.
I want him to get another one or two years with our club though what’s the sense in it.
Is it a scare tactic for him to dig in and show Baz what he’s got?
Other than this why is he getting the game time?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can anyone explain:
If Lewis is not in the plans for the dogs next year, with 8 games left and no chance of the dogs playing finals, why is he being selected.
I want him to get another one or two years with our club though what’s the sense in it.
Is it a scare tactic for him to dig in and show Baz what he’s got?
Other than this why is he getting the game time?
Only way we can re-sign Lewis is to move Flanagan and Wakeham on. Also one or the other isn't enough as 1 position already needs to go to BBO in reserves (Burton and Averillo in the halves next year). Lewis is our best half (currently) after Averillo.