News UNLUCKY DOG TO BE DISCARDED

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury playmaker Lachlan Lewis looks set to be cast aside by the Bulldogs.
The 24-year-old, who is the nephew of rugby league royalty Wally Lewis, played one of his best NRL games on Saturday when he starred in a narrow loss to the Roosters.

Lewis scored two first-half tries after being called into the side at the expense of battling No.7 Kyle Flanagan.

But Wide World of Sportsreports Lewis won’t be offered a new deal at Belmore when his contract runs out in October.

He’s played only three NRL games this season, and played 13 last year, having struggled badly to retain a place in the team.

The Bulldogs have Matt Burton coming to the club, and now it’s up to coach Trent Barrett to decide who partners Burton in the halves.

If Lewis leaves it will be a battle between Flanagan, Jake Averillo, and Brandon Wakeham for the role.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Unlucky???? FMd this guy is blessed. Has no talent no skill, is slow , and somehow managed to play NRL for the Dogs. Something 99.9% of the world will never be able to do...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have too many halves. There was no chance he was staying unless we moved both Flanagan and Wakeham on (he is better than both, but his contract is the first out of that lot to run down). We also need a halves position in reserve grade for BBO as is (Flanagan has to be moved on).

Reactions: obe

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Handy reggies player. He does play with passion and a never say die attitude. But will not be a regular run on for any NRL team. I guess if needed for 2-3 games a year could have the odd blinder, but week to week can not get the job done.

Probably cemented his starting spot for the next month now though. What better way to get through the current lockdown then watching lewis every weekend :p

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not surprised though I rate him a bit higher than most others on here seem to. I actually think he'll develop into a handy first grader if another team takes a punt on him. Despite that though I don't think he'd combine well with Burton so I'm cool with letting him go.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of our other options are standing up this year, so lets release the only guy with a proven track record of getting some results (even last year with a half broken Foran and Wakeham).

I think he still offers something to the side, either at hooker, lock, or in the halves in 2022.

Doesn't make sense to retain shittier options.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
See ya mate, good luck !!

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I admire the blokes effort. But sadly he doesnt have the talent to back it up. We need to be continually upgrading our sqaud and players like lewis, meany and hoppa are no longer needed.

its amazing on facebook how many dogs supporters think Lewis is our best player