Underrated - Michael Hodgson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't noticed too many wraps for this guy, so I thought I'd do it. Most importantly, he is super-fit for a big guy, and his enthusiasm and commitment are second to none. Michael leads the forwards up in defence and sets the pace of the line speed. His mid-field defence, especially his lateral defence, is superb. And his go-forward is nearly as good as Ben Hannant's.

Interestingly, we have not lost a game with Michael in the team. And we have never trailed with him on the field. It was after he returned from the bench against Cronulla that we wrapped it up. Not that he did anything outstanding or even noticeable, but his contribution is immense.

Congratulations Michael, and welcome to the club.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is underrated. Sometimes we forget to credit the simple stuff.

TBH, ALL of our recruits are playing above my expectations. Stagg especially. But this thread is about Hodgo.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is very underrated and an important part of the team. Very good defender, provides great go forward, almost never makes mistakes or gives away dumb penalties and is as reliable and consistent as they come.

The same applies for Armit. He has really turned things around and has done his job each week this season.

We need these two and Hannant as much as possible because our front row depth is a big problem.

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yer! I have to agree i didnt know too much about him before he came to the dogs, but by what ive seen so far i really rate him. Hodgo is a very smart footballer & does everything right, & Ive actually met him in person & I have to say he is a really nice guy.

U

Upskirt News

Badly. He keeps our line speed up. WAS missing against penrith and GC. Very smart buy

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Great player and one thing i notice he is very enthusiastic which rubs off on the boys. He played a great game on the weekend. It's funny we looked miles better with him in the side

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To put it in perspective -

Remember how much ball our forwards dropped in any particular game last year?

Now how many times did our forwards drop the ball in, say, the Cronulla game?
(barring going for the try-line)

Yep... Hodgo is underrated.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Done good!

All the props are looking to offload the ball this year...unlike in previous seasons...hooray!

Armit's ball playing skills this year have been unbelievable, and led to at least a couple of tries already this year. Hodgo is capable of similar from memory.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. I didnt really know of him before we signed him and I didnt know what to expect, but he has played really well. I am very happy we have him.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Michael Hodgson is one of my favourite players.

I agree that he is underrated and that he has a massive impact on the game which easily goes unnoticed.

He is just as great a person as he is on the field too :grinning:

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Michael Hodgson is one of my favourite players.

I agree that he is underrated and that he has a massive impact on the game which easily goes unnoticed.

He is just as great a person as he is on the field too :grinning:
Yeah, i said gday on sat at NSW cup, very appoachable, top bloke

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, i said gday on sat at NSW cup, very appoachable, top bloke
He absolutely amazed me when I saw him on fan day.

I stopped him in his tracks because I wanted his autograph - I thought he may have been a little bit annoyed that I was taking up his free time - but he was nothing like that.

If anything, he smiled, asked me how I was - and when I apologised he told me not to be sorry and to take my time - and he's like thank you for coming out to see us :grinning:

Top bloke.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
very underrated player. very solid and goes out there and does his job 100%.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was the Titans best forward not named Anthony Laffranchi last year. He killed it last year and is one of those guys that doesn't get too much attention but does his job and more week in week out. What he is doing at the moment comes as no surprise to anyone who noticed him at the Titans.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Hodgo does the simple things well. He carts the ball up effectively and hits hard in defense. I am very happy with the 2 games he has played this year and hope to god that is is injury free for the rest of the year!

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
him, hannat and armit are all playing so well...hope hickey doesnt get a walk back into the side

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
him, hannat and armit are all playing so well...hope hickey doesnt get a walk back into the side
Theres no way that hed get a walk back into the side, He would have to work his ass off to get anywhere near fg the way our forwards are going.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I haven't noticed too many wraps for this guy, so I thought I'd do it. Most importantly, he is super-fit for a big guy, and his enthusiasm and commitment are second to none. Michael leads the forwards up in defence and sets the pace of the line speed. His mid-field defence, especially his lateral defence, is superb. And his go-forward is nearly as good as Ben Hannant's.

Interestingly, we have not lost a game with Michael in the team. And we have never trailed with him on the field. It was after he returned from the bench against Cronulla that we wrapped it up. Not that he did anything outstanding or even noticeable, but his contribution is immense.

Congratulations Michael, and welcome to the club.
here here. big mick is great i really hope he stays injury free. he does add to our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.