Opinion Unbelievable

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Death riding lol.. can’t you come up with something better. If you have any common sense it’s more stating the obvious ,not death riding. Have every right to state my opinion. Like we all do here. End of.

be sure To read other posts and state they are death riding to, your list will grow.
Barrett had a 3 year deal and was a season and a half in. CC has a 5 year, close to $5m deal. He could go 0-15 and there wouldn't be any action.
Anyone who thinks we would sack CC inside 2 years is dreaming.
CC is Gus's man. He wanted him to be Panthers coach before the Board intervened and told Gus to go for fear of losing N Cleary to Tigers. Gus had hung his credibility on CC.
The feeling is simply it will take time to build combinations.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I look forward more to end of my boys U11s training sessions for the mini game of div 1 v div 2 than to the BYEdogs.

More heart, more hunger, more fkn brains. True story.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And its Des that has cursed us .
It's the 2 boards that rejected Bennett TWICE that fkn cursed us.

PS which bunch of cuntrashes were "in charge" before and after we signed and sacked des?

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is that if we are coached to be doing conservative footy ,
Mark my words Ciraldo ‘s career will be over before it starts imagine doggies are 0-7 to start the season and Wayne Bennett’s team is entrenched in the top 4.
The it’s gonna take time is an absolute pisser to the fans and to make us all like fools to believe.
In all honesty we made a big mistake by not letting potter having crack.
Anyway a positive it’s only round one we can all smoke the illusionary peace pipe it’s gonna take time bull.
A positive if our team goes to shit we can always get behind the dolphins as a second team .
Potter has a decent run for a month or so but we soon went back to bad habits (Nth QLD and NZ games were the worst).

Changing coaches every year will not achieve success. Seems obvious I know but we can’t keep up the coaching turnover we’ve had recently. He’s coached one game, give him time

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A few TK members have hit the nail on the head .. it’s a very simple game, to win you need aggressive metre eater mongrel props that dominate up front.

You need big bodied fast mobile centres and outside backs that run hard hurt in tackles & don’t get rag dolled.

You need a skilled 1 6 7 9 spine that have played a bit of footy together ..

Most importantly, that 7 needs to run the team & be a game manager, your 7 needs to have the running game, passing game, and the kicking skills to keep the team on the front foot and the opposition under pressure, your 7 allows every other player especially the 1 and 6 to inject their skills into the game.

Run your eye over our team and ask yourself how many of those boxes do we tick, and there’s your answer, that’s why we’ve started the season in 17th place.

The question is what’s Gus & Ciraldo doing about it because here we are starting 2023 and we still have these glaring problems.
You’ve hit the nail on the head there. As I mentioned elsewhere, we need that game managing steering influence, somewhere in the halves, and a “no backward step” metre eating prop (like we had last year with Vaughan). I guess TPJ or Pele might potentially fill that role if they can both ever get fit enough to play long minutes (doubtful). Agree, still quite a few boxes remain unticked. I am most desperately disappointed that we were not even competitive in our loss.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You’ve hit the nail on the head there. As I mentioned elsewhere, we need that game managing steering influence, somewhere in the halves, and a “no backward step” metre eating prop (like we had last year with Vaughan). I guess TPJ or Pele might potentially fill that role if they can both ever get fit enough to play long minutes (doubtful). Agree, still quite a few boxes remain unticked. I am most desperately disappointed that we were not even competitive in our loss.
What Wayne did :grinning:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone slams hasler but it was great times. Much better than now
It was an extremely successful time. His only mistake were the halves. Could have won three comps in a row with anyone but Reynolds

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ain't writing us off for 2023 yet, I reckon last week wasn't fully indicative of what we will play like this year, we had a couple of players out, got a few rough calls and have some talent waiting in the wings, we've still got years of ingrained mentality to grow out of a replace with something positive.

I don't believe for a second that we will finish bottom 5 or even close.

Onwards and upwards.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His only mistake...
...plus:
* Junior Development, don't forget an active disdain for development;
* Salary Cap (mis) management - let's back-end 'em all (that used to be a Roosters motto);
* Stubborn selection and re-selection of "favourite" players week after week, regardless of performance (and especially if they hadn't) - sure, not a Robinson Crusoe moment, but... ; and
* Lack of Plan B tactics (assuming there was a Plan A sometimes).

I'm sure there are more. But sure, other than all of those...his only mistake.
with anyone but Reynolds
Even Flanagan?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at people slamming CC after one game, our halfback is shit and has to go, And CC has already taken steps to make that happen by naming KO on the bench. Burton needs to stop thinking he’s a million dollar player and start playing like one but no matter what you’re opinion of him he’s just signed a long term deal and he’s going nowhere, and if people think he will get moved to centre it won’t happen either Gus ain’t paying a bloke that money to play centre. The injuries to Thompson and TPJ has further weakened an already underwhelming pack. As fans we are in for another shitty year but the one thing I do know is that no amount of pissing and moaning in here will change that.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol at people slamming CC after one game, our halfback is shit and has to go, And CC has already taken steps to make that happen by naming KO on the bench. Burton needs to stop thinking he’s a million dollar player and start playing like one but no matter what you’re opinion of him he’s just signed a long term deal and he’s going nowhere, and if people think he will get moved to centre it won’t happen either Gus ain’t paying a bloke that money to play centre. The injuries to Thompson and TPJ has further weakened an already underwhelming pack. As fans we are in for another shitty year but the one thing I do know is that no amount of pissing and moaning in here will change that.
Still not an excuse for not playing the fundamentals of the game

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s like the club bought into the media talking CC up so much that we just went after him, just like we did with Barrett. How about we get an actual fucking first grade coach who’s done something. I don’t wanna sound crazy but it’s like they the media and scum journos like kent and rothfield talked this bloke up so much like they did with Barrett so we’d go after him knowing full well that he hasn’t proven a thing to show he can actually coach.
Mate very recently the club paid a fortune for an experienced proven Premership winning coach Hasler, and what happen.
The club gets what it can and its not always what it wants, just like recruiting te players it wants and needs.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone slams hasler but it was great times. Much better than now
Desball? Great times?
Compare the roster Hasler inherited to that which CC, Potter, Barrett, Pay inherited. Forwards like Frank the Tank, Eastwood, Klemer, Jammer, Kasiano, Ennis, Jackson in his prime, backs like Morris, Barba then he acquired Inu, Perrett, Morris. Were the halves in Reynolds and Hokko etc elite?....no, but adequate. It's clear to see we've NEVER had a roster as good as this since 2012.
Blame the succession of coaches since Des fucked over our development pathways and salary cap all you like.....but a builder is only as good as the tools you give him to work with.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Desball? Great times?
Compare the roster Hasler inherited to that which CC, Potter, Barrett, Pay inherited. Forwards like Frank the Tank, Eastwood, Klemer, Jammer, Kasiano, Ennis, Jackson in his prime, backs like Morris, Barba then he acquired Inu, Perrett, Morris. Were the halves in Reynolds and Hokko etc elite?....no, but adequate. It's clear to see we've NEVER had a roster as good as this since 2012.
Blame the succession of coaches since Des fucked over our development pathways and salary cap all you like.....but a builder is only as good as the tools you give him to work with.
2 grand finals, multi finals
Compared to spoon and paying cotric to play against us?
Baby girl I'd trade for that