UK teachers told to stop calling female students 'girls'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their is a push amongst poofs @ Leso's to call kids "It's" not boys or girls depending on their anatomy.
Thinking straight people who voted yes, or those who didn't vote at all are going to regret it big time in the not to distant future.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Told you Southy and I are miles ahead of you people, just call everyone "****"!

Problem solved.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok Kennelers, it's that time of the week where we facepalm ourselves of PC gone mad!

https://www.msn.com/en-au/lifestyle...g-female-students-girls/ar-BBFyKq5?li=AAgfYrC

Teachers in the UK have been told not to call female students ‘girls’ or ‘ladies’ because it reminds them of their gender.

Natasha Devon, a former government health advisor, told the Girls’ School Association’s annual conference in Manchester, “never walk into a room in an all girl’s school and say girls or ladies” because it is “patronising”.

“I don’t think it is useful to be constantly reminded of your gender all the time and all the stereotypes that go with it,” she continued.

Devon also feels the same applies for boys and suggested teachers use gender-neutral terms such as “pupils”, “students” or “people”.

“I actually think in some ways boys are more constrained by the expectation of their gender,” she said.

“And whilst that is being challenged and changed I don’t think it’s helpful to keep saying ‘girls, girls, boys, boys’, because there is so much implication that potentially goes with that.”

Devon believes using the term ‘girls’ can imply pressure for perfection, resulting in anxiety.

Using the term ‘boys’, she feels, implies “being macho, not talking about your feelings, being told to man up”.

“If your narrative is saying girls don’t get angry, or boys don’t cry, or girls aren’t allowed to do this, or boys aren’t allowed to do this, then that is potentially going to have an impact on your well-being.

“So I hope that in taking away the negative stereotypes associated with gender, we can ultimately improve their mental health.”

^ Surprise surprise, the bitch calling for this shit looks like the biggest lesbian out there!

Thank God she has said this! She also should have made comments about the other 61 genders to be fair. But there is one problem, she says that boys can be referred to as people. I identify as a female Philipino poodle, so I find that term offensive.

PS I really hope that Mitchell Pearce doesn't come to the Bulldogs or I am screwed! Literally!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So which school do they go to if it's all boys school or all girls school?
These schools are now sexist & they should have schools for ALL 63 genders (& counting)

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Soon doctors will not be allowed to tell parents what the sex of their child is!

Parent: “Is it a boy or a girl?????” (With an excitement look on their face)

Doctor: “for the sake of not hurting people’s feelings, I can not say, but I will draw a picture which might allow you to figure out what you might be having!”

As the doctor attempted to draw a figure with a skirt and long hair, they worked out this might confuse the parents more, so ended up drawing a picture of a vagina!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...er-on-b-c-child-s-birth-certificate-1.4186221

Parent fights to omit gender on B.C. child's birth certificate

A parent in B.C.'s Slocan Valley is fighting to omit their child's sex on their birth certificate as part of a broader effort to keep gender from being included on government documents.

Kori Doty gave birth to Searyl Atli at a friend's home last November. Doty, a non-binary trans parent who doesn't identify as either male or female, (and prefers to use the pronoun they), wants to keep Searyl's gender off all official records.

"I'm raising Searyl in such a way that until they have the sense of self and command of vocabulary to tell me who they are, I'm recognizing them as a baby and trying to give them all the love and support to be the most whole person that they can be outside of the restrictions that come with the boy box and the girl box," Doty said.

Doty says the province is refusing to issue Searyl a birth certificate with no gender on it, although last month the province did acquiesce and send out the child's health card with a "U" for gender, presumably for "undetermined" or "unassigned," so they could access medical services.

According to Doty's lawyer, barbara findlay (who doesn't spell her name with capital letters), B.C. birth certificates currently only accommodate a male or female gender designation.

Some provinces, like Ontario and Alberta, are currently reviewing their policies to include a third, non-binary gender option on the documents.

But Doty, a member of the Gender-Free ID Coalition, has taken that argument one step further and applied for a judicial review to not include any gender identification on Searyl's birth certificate.

Human rights case
The same argument is being presented as part of a case currently in front of the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal, of which Doty is one of eight complainants wanting to change their own certificates.

The omission, Doty and the group argue, should apply to all government documents for everyone in B.C. and Canada.

Doty says a visual inspection at birth can't accurately determine what sex or gender that person will have or identify with for the rest of their life — whether it's because they have both male and female genitals, as is the case with intersex individuals or because they don't identify with the gender they present, as is the case with transgender or non-binary persons.

Feeling contrary to the gender one is assigned at birth and having to then change government documents later in life, Doty argues, is often a difficult process. They feel that omitting any form of gender identification on government documents would reduce that stress.

"When I was born, doctors looked at my genitals and made assumptions about who I would be, and those assignments followed me and followed my identification throughout my life," Doty said.

"Those assumptions were incorrect, and I ended up having to do a lot of adjustments since then."

Assigning gender at birth is a violation of a child's human rights to freely express their gender identity, Doty argues. Earlier this year, the province and the federal government passed bills to include "gender identity and expression" in the Human Rights Code.

Adding a third option
As for any concerns about Searyl's ability to acquire other government documents that also require gender designation, like a passport or driver's licence, Doty says other groups are working towards changing those as well.

Currently, countries like Australia, Pakistan, Nepal and Canada are working towards creating a new gender designation for passports. Doty doesn't think adding a third option is ideal,but says it's a viable alternative given international challenges.

A third, non-binary gender option can single out those who use them, Doty says, and can make them targets of discrimination and hate crimes.

According to findlay, Doty's lawyer, one argument governments often use against omitting gender on official documents is the need to keep gender data as part of their vital statistics.

But findlay says the coalition isn't arguing to forgo collecting those statistics — it just wants them collected anonymously, as Statistics Canada does with its census data and not link them to government documents or a person's identity.

"Certainly, our culture is obsessed with [a baby is] a boy or a girl, but the government doesn't have any business certifying that information when they don't know it to be true," findlay said.

Next steps for Doty include setting a date for the judicial review.

But like any parent, they also include the more day-to-day variety of watching their child learn to crawl, find out what foods they like, and "doing all of the things that anyone does with an eight-month-old baby."

"I want my kid to have all of the space to be the most whole and complete person that they can be," Doty said.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...er-on-b-c-child-s-birth-certificate-1.4186221

A parent in B.C.'s Slocan Valley is fighting to omit their child's sex on their birth certificate as part of a broader effort to keep gender from being included on government documents.

Kori Doty gave birth to Searyl Atli at a friend's home last November. Doty, a non-binary trans parent who doesn't identify as either male or female, (and prefers to use the pronoun they), wants to keep Searyl's gender off all official records.

"I'm raising Searyl in such a way that until they have the sense of self and command of vocabulary to tell me who they are, I'm recognizing them as a baby and trying to give them all the love and support to be the most whole person that they can be outside of the restrictions that come with the boy box and the girl box," Doty said.

Doty says the province is refusing to issue Searyl a birth certificate with no gender on it, although last month the province did acquiesce and send out the child's health card with a "U" for gender, presumably for "undetermined" or "unassigned," so they could access medical services.

According to Doty's lawyer, barbara findlay (who doesn't spell her name with capital letters), B.C. birth certificates currently only accommodate a male or female gender designation.

Some provinces, like Ontario and Alberta, are currently reviewing their policies to include a third, non-binary gender option on the documents.

But Doty, a member of the Gender-Free ID Coalition, has taken that argument one step further and applied for a judicial review to not include any gender identification on Searyl's birth certificate.

Human rights case
The same argument is being presented as part of a case currently in front of the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal, of which Doty is one of eight complainants wanting to change their own certificates.

The omission, Doty and the group argue, should apply to all government documents for everyone in B.C. and Canada.

Doty says a visual inspection at birth can't accurately determine what sex or gender that person will have or identify with for the rest of their life — whether it's because they have both male and female genitals, as is the case with intersex individuals or because they don't identify with the gender they present, as is the case with transgender or non-binary persons.

Feeling contrary to the gender one is assigned at birth and having to then change government documents later in life, Doty argues, is often a difficult process. They feel that omitting any form of gender identification on government documents would reduce that stress.

"When I was born, doctors looked at my genitals and made assumptions about who I would be, and those assignments followed me and followed my identification throughout my life," Doty said.

"Those assumptions were incorrect, and I ended up having to do a lot of adjustments since then."

Assigning gender at birth is a violation of a child's human rights to freely express their gender identity, Doty argues. Earlier this year, the province and the federal government passed bills to include "gender identity and expression" in the Human Rights Code.

Adding a third option
As for any concerns about Searyl's ability to acquire other government documents that also require gender designation, like a passport or driver's licence, Doty says other groups are working towards changing those as well.

Currently, countries like Australia, Pakistan, Nepal and Canada are working towards creating a new gender designation for passports. Doty doesn't think adding a third option is ideal,but says it's a viable alternative given international challenges.

A third, non-binary gender option can single out those who use them, Doty says, and can make them targets of discrimination and hate crimes.

According to findlay, Doty's lawyer, one argument governments often use against omitting gender on official documents is the need to keep gender data as part of their vital statistics.

But findlay says the coalition isn't arguing to forgo collecting those statistics — it just wants them collected anonymously, as Statistics Canada does with its census data and not link them to government documents or a person's identity.

"Certainly, our culture is obsessed with [a baby is] a boy or a girl, but the government doesn't have any business certifying that information when they don't know it to be true," findlay said.

But like any parent, they also include the more day-to-day variety of watching their child learn to crawl, find out what foods they like, and "doing all of the things that anyone does with an eight-month-old baby."

"I want my kid to have all of the space to be the most whole and complete person that they can be," Doty said.
WOW!!! There you go, just when you think you’ve heard it all!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Human rights case

Adding a third option

Yeah that kids going to lead a normal life......

"When I was born, doctors looked at my genitals and made assumptions about who I would be,

The fucking nerve of those doctors hey !!!!! You should sue them for billions for causing such distress. How dare they assume what sex you are by your genitals.
I here your frustration i was in Cole's the other day and the lady charged my bananas as bananas i said just ring it up as fruit why do you have to label it.
Same as the butcher when i asked for a kilo of meat , hes said what chicken pork or beef ?
I was so offended

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Human rights case

Adding a third option

9E8AA7FA-075F-4AA4-BDF6-EBA0CAD3FD36.jpeg

Need to say more??????

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh. It's the opinion of one crazy woman (although I'm sure there are others) and it won't have any bearing on what society will continue to so well beyond the time we push off this mortal coil . Relax and enjoy your weekend... the weather is too good in Sydney not to.
Thank you for confirming for me. I had to read the article a number of times to try and figure out why there was an outrage or was even newsworthy given it was the opinion of one nut

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for confirming for me. I had to read the article a number of times to try and figure out why there was an outrage or was even newsworthy given it was the opinion of one nut
You're right mate, but the problem is that a nut airing his or hers views only breeds more nuts, then more and more nuts follow the trend. Before you know it their are so many nuts that they will vote YES to anything, just like happened recently.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is a case for justifiable killing lol

Come on end of the world, reset baby, time for a reset! Lol
Why not? According to the History Channel the Aliens have done this several times before.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why not? According to the History Channel the Aliens have done this several times before.
I may sound like an angry old man lol but after all this bullshit I've been through, I want peace and every **** to get along with every **** or just let people be without annoying people.

I'd rather be mates with everyone and have fun then fight and worry and stress. I'll leave my fighting for my next NDE.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I may sound like an angry old man lol but after all this bullshit I've been through, I want peace and every **** to get along with every **** or just let people be without annoying people.

I'd rather be mates with everyone and have fun then fight and worry and stress. I'll leave my fighting for my next NDE.
Unfortunately not everyone wants to have a friends first attitude & avoid conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.