U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
All asian groups are dem. Chinese are particularly leftist, voting at a rate of 70% for Clinton. Koreans and Philipinos were more competitive at 60-40

Maybe back in the day when all the Cubans in the 305 were refugees from the educated strata of Cuba and looked like Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio. Most of the newer waves of Cubans are economic migrants who look like George Zimmerman.
Trump lost FL hispanics 4 years ago. Maybe they were a bit pissed at how raw he went in on little marco and lyin' Ted (who redeemed himself and is now Lion Ted")
I have Vietnamese family in the states. They all vote republican. Haven’t seen stats but I had the impression viet Americans are more conservative leaning.

I know they particularly hate Biden for withdrawing US troops from Vietnam during the war. After the US left, the southern Vietnamese were over run by the Commy northerners

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think the shit **** faction of BLM is only increasing the votes for Trump.

The normal BLM movement I feel sorry for.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the shit c*** faction of BLM is only increasing the votes for Trump.

The normal BLM movement I feel sorry for.
i think because antifa was tagged as a hate group, then they rebadged under BLM

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully he respects her wishes. He’s paying $1.92 now and Biden somehow $1.88
No chance he respects her wishes and so he shouldn't.

Demo presidents elect democrat type Supreme Court justices and republics and conservatives.
Trump has been very fortunate that two died in his presidency and one retired. He can seriously make a great legacy here.

There's a few oldies on the liberal scale still there so if he gets another term, you think they would lose at least one more, and then it's cemented.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone thinks Biden is less cognitive than Trump watch this. Yes its a one way analysis of Trumps recent rally by an anti Trumpster journo but its real clips of the rally....man USA is stuffed either way with both these ol' codgers.

Some of the language and inviting the audience to yell out about replacing RBG with a woman or a man. Says Biden gets a shot in the butt to perform better
So presidential lol.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone thinks Biden is less cognitive than Trump watch this. Yes its a one way analysis of Trumps recent rally by an anti Trumpster journo but its real clips of the rally....man USA is stuffed either way with both these ol' codgers.

Some of the language and inviting the audience to yell out about replacing RBG with a woman or a man. Says Biden gets a shot in the butt to perform better
So presidential lol.

I watched the video. I think it's a completely unreasonable comparison. Any public speaker will regularly mispronounce words or will not annunciate words correctly. But in each instance Trump corrects himself immediately (within a second or two) and the messaging is still very clear as to what point he is making.

I regularly spend my day running workshops and teleconferences and make the same mistakes Trump makes in the video.

Certainly no one is making the point that Trump is a linguist, because he isn't. He is not the same style of speaker as Obama.

However, people do make the valid point that Trump is entertaining, and that he can speak directly to voters because he speaks like a voter and not like a politician.

You could point out that Trump speaks like a truck driver (and you'd be right). You could even quite rightly make the point that Trump doesn't speak like a politician (and you'd again be right). But you couldn't make the point that Trump and Biden's coherency are anywhere close to each other.

Biden on the other hand gets stuff wrong and goes off on weird tangents and speaks sentences where no one even knows what he's talking about.

The difference between Trump and Biden is that Trump's language and policy settings are his own.

Biden's language is a result of him getting old and not being able to think straight and his policy settings are simply what his advisors tell him to do.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I watched the video. I think it's a completely unreasonable comparison. Any public speaker will regularly mispronounce words or will not annunciate words correctly. But in each instance Trump corrects himself immediately (within a second or two) and the messaging is still very clear as to what point he is making.

I regularly spend my day running workshops and teleconferences and make the same mistakes Trump makes in the video.

Certainly no one is making the point that Trump is a linguist, because he isn't. He is not the same style of speaker as Obama.

However, people do make the valid point that Trump is entertaining, and that he can speak directly to voters because he speaks like a voter and not like a politician.

You could point out that Trump speaks like a truck driver (and you'd be right). You could even quite rightly make the point that Trump doesn't speak like a politician (and you'd again be right). But you couldn't make the point that Trump and Biden's coherency are anywhere close to each other.

Biden on the other hand gets stuff wrong and goes off on weird tangents and speaks sentences where no one even knows what he's talking about.

The difference between Trump and Biden is that Trump's language and policy settings are his own.

Biden's language is a result of him getting old and not being able to think straight and his policy settings are simply what his advisors tell him to do.
My point is they are both ol' codgers who have no right to be contenders as POTUS.

Trump has greatly lowered the office of President.

If that's the standard God help America the election after next. Will deteriorate even further.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
If that's the standard God help America the election after next. Will deteriorate even further.
I also worry about this - Trump may simply inspire someone on the far left of American politics to run and win the presidency (although I think it's unlikely given that even democrat voters are repulsed by these sorts of people and ended up going for Biden who is a traditional white, older, more centrist democrat.

I think there is a consensus that nut jobs like AOC, Rashida Talib and Ilan Omar are unelectable and while they say exciting things, they are never going to appeal to the majority of americans in the same way Trump does.

My point is they are both ol' codgers
True but the detail is important.

Biden is an old codger who has spent 47 years as a politician without really achieving anything of great significance. For some unknown reason after 47 years he's now been selected as democrat nominee for president despite having some issues putting sentences together.

Trump is another old timer, but there is a clear difference between his level of charisma versus Biden. Biden is being kept away from media and voters (largely), whereas Trump does another rally almost every day of the week in different states. Takes constant media interviews without any restrictions on questions which can be asked. Yes he's loose with his tongue, but he's mostly able to hold his own.

who have no right to be contenders as POTUS.
Whether you like and vote for Trump or not, the only reason Trump became president is because of the disillusionment with career politicians and the 'elites' in America following 8 years of Bush and 8 years of Obama. Both were from opposite side of politics but both were political elites who (arguably) did very little to advance the causes of the 'little americans'.

Trump has greatly lowered the office of President.
This is a fair point.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just chiming in again.
Need to remind you all that you need to look at the path to win. Not enough talk about this.

It's just boils down to moneyball over 4 states.
If you don't know what I mean, you don't understand the system, feel free to ask.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Step 1
Florida.
Trump wins. Step 2.
Biden wins. Game over.
Step 2.
Pennsylvania
Trump wins. Step 3
Biden wins. Almost certain Biden victory.
Step 3.
Michigan.
Trump wins. Game over.
Biden wins. Step 4
Step 4.
Wisconsin.
Winner gets it all if we are at this point.

I have also made the assumption Trump re-wins Ohio. Not certain.im confident in a 66% level.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw,
Just for comparison sake.
Trunk win all those states by a whisker. Hillary was fav in 2016.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I also worry about this - Trump may simply inspire someone on the far left of American politics to run and win the presidency (although I think it's unlikely given that even democrat voters are repulsed by these sorts of people and ended up going for Biden who is a traditional white, older, more centrist democrat.

I think there is a consensus that nut jobs like AOC, Rashida Talib and Ilan Omar are unelectable and while they say exciting things, they are never going to appeal to the majority of americans in the same way Trump does.

Biden is an old codger who has spent 47 years as a politician without really achieving anything of great significance. For some unknown reason after 47 years he's now been selected as democrat nominee for president despite having some issues putting sentences together.

Trump is another old timer, but there is a clear difference between his level of charisma versus Biden. Biden is being kept away from media and voters (largely), whereas Trump does another rally almost every day of the week in different states. Takes constant media interviews without any restrictions on questions which can be asked. Yes he's loose with his tongue, but he's mostly able to hold his own.

Whether you like and vote for Trump or not, the only reason Trump became president is because of the disillusionment with career politicians and the 'elites' in America following 8 years of Bush and 8 years of Obama. Both were from opposite side of politics but both were political elites who (arguably) did very little to advance the causes of the 'little americans'.

This is a fair point.
Only agree with your last point ;)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This is true..... but I disagree with your appraisal that voters would not get behind a more progressive democratic nominee. Trump struggles to beat these elites and there's a fair chance he will lose to one of them without securing a second term. This proves that people are, as a whole, dissatisfied with him - excluding his core group of actual supporters who make up less than a third of the nation. The only question is are they more dissatisfied with Trump, or with the prospect of Biden winning and continuing to represent the centrist, establishment agenda? I think if the dems had nominated Sanders, Sanders would have gone on to win. He certainly would have in 2016. Early polling between Trump and Clinton was always close and delivered a slight majority to HRC which actually reflected the popular vote. Early polling before the primaries were over showed Sanders miles in front of Trump. When the dems ensured Bernie wouldn't win, most of his voters stayed home and others actually voted for Trump. I don't have much doubt he would have won a few of those rust belt states that ended up making the difference....MI would have been a lock. The Democrats failed to learn their lessons from Hillary's loss. They've pretty much employed the same strategy....trying to convince people to vote against Trump rather than for their candidate.

I have little interest in the election, tbh.....I think Biden would be a disaster too. He's already indicated he wants to increase military spending. If Biden wins it will be a return to the same old military expansionist agenda and no meaningful relief for the working class on a domestic level. If Trump wins, domestic policy nightmare and ever increasing chances of military conflict with China. Either way, the US is looking down the barrel of a long, painful recession, continued conflict in the middle east (the Middle east Peace deal is only a propaganda stunt involving two nations which were always extremely unlikely to engage in any form of conflict with the US anyway. It is only inflaming tensions between the Israelis and the Palestinians) and ever increasing chance of war on both a domestic and international level.

Whatever happens, the US (and in all likelihood the world) loses.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is true..... but I disagree with your appraisal that voters would not get behind a more progressive democratic nominee. Trump struggles to beat these elites and there's a fair chance he will lose to one of them without securing a second term. This proves that people are, as a whole, dissatisfied with him - excluding his core group of actual supporters who make up less than a third of the nation. The only question is are they more dissatisfied with Trump, or with the prospect of Biden winning and continuing to represent the centrist, establishment agenda? I think if the dems had nominated Sanders, Sanders would have gone on to win. He certainly would have in 2016. Early polling between Trump and Clinton was always close and delivered a slight majority to HRC which actually reflected the popular vote. Early polling before the primaries were over showed Sanders miles in front of Trump. When the dems assured Bernie wouldn't win, most of his voters stayed home and others actually voted for Trump. I don't have much doubt he would have won a few of those rust belt states that ended up making the difference....MI would have been a lock. The Democrats failed to learn their lessons from Hillary's loss. They've pretty much employed the same strategy....trying to convince people to vote against Trump rather than for their candidate.

I have little interest in the election, tbh.....I think Biden would be a disaster too. He's already indicated he wants to increase military spending. If Biden wins it will be a return to the same old military expansionist agenda and no meaningful relief for the working class on a domestic level. If Trump wins, domestic policy nightmare and ever increasing chances of military conflict with China. Either way, the US is looking down the barrel of a long, painful recession, continued conflict in the middle east (the Middle east Peace deal is only a propaganda stunt involving two nations who were always extremely unlikely to engage in any form of conflict with the us and is only inflaming tensions between the Israelis and the Palestinians) ever increasing chance of war on both a domestic and international level.

Whatever happens, the US (and in all likelihood the world) loses.
Did you watch Q&A last night.

Lol the Trump supporter. Why do they all come across as such pompous, righteous, agro know alls.

On the other hand the opposing panelists are calm, thoughtful and more importantly genuinely able to clearly announciate the facts without the histrionics.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

This is a fair point.
I honestly think if Bernie ran in the last election or this one, then he would have been in with a chance. Far right vs Far left. But Democrats wouldn't allow him to gain power.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I honestly think if Bernie ran in the last election or this one, then he would have been in with a chance. Far right vs Far left. But Democrats wouldn't allow him to gain power.
Ya reckon?
I can't see it.

That be like Corbyn winning in UK or Doug Cameron winning here lol

Someone said about the dumb unelectable alternatives the Dems, Labour and Labor put up. I agree. It makes it so much easier for conservative parties to win.....the only time Labor has won here it was with very popular out of the ordinary, charismatic leaders, regardless of their policies.

Then again they had Murdoch behind them shaping the narrative and the front page headlines. That doco on him is frightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.