• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Every year it gets more difficult for the republicans because old whites die off and they are replaced by third world citizens getting citizenship. That helps dems, unless Cubans.
I think this election will be tighter than Thai teen Poon tang.

Thang be, Trump only won 2016 for one reason, he blitzed the rust states from under Hillary's nose. They didn't see it coming, only Michael Moore did.
Everything you've read means shit because this is only thang that happened.

You got to assume Dems will focus on that mistake and plug that hole and win most back.

That makes it very hard for trump.
He has to secure Florida first and foremost (I'm confident) and then will need to win all the states he won last time and hope he clings on to either Pennsylvania (unlikely) or the other rust states.

He won't win the popular vote to because of NY and California and that's okay

Also we have ballot votes from all the expats overseas Like ZC Efron which apparently lean dem.
Not looking good for Don Trump but he has an ace up his sleeve.

He should dominate the debates with his usual psychological tactics. He can take it away there and then.
I'd also focus on New Mexico if I was him. Think it can be flipped

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Saturday voting is there to ensure more people are able to vote - but of course its also combined with compulsory voting, and comes from a time when very few people worked Saturdays (certainly not more than half a day anyway). In the US, many people would struggle to get time off on a Tuesday to vote. Voting, like so many the things in America, is skewed against the poor.

Voting can be a pain, but compulsory and convenient voting is one of the best ways to help democracy. All voting should be online too with a clear result able to be announced the shortly after polls closing, but that's for another day.
Very well put CD..I thought this for years..

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Every year it gets more difficult for the republicans because old whites die off and they are replaced by third world citizens getting citizenship. That helps dems, unless Cubans.
Not necessarily. Latinos in Florida are currently polling as more in favour of Trump than Biden.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Latinos in Florida are currently polling as more in favour of Trump than Biden.
Plus Asians, especially Chinese are generally quite conservative in their voting habits.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fun fact: there is what they call a ‘faithless elector’.. That is the elector as a member of the United State Electoral College, who the people have voted for to represent their choice, who has pledged to vote for a certain candidate at the time, can indeed technically, in some states, have the right to change their mind, And not vote for the person who they said they would. Only in a America!

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trump has the second term advantage, in the last 100 years only 4 presidents have not been re elected for a second term.

However society atm is strongly divided in america, with the left, further left then in recent history and the right further right.

This makes things more uncertain as people in the middle ground may see them selves slipping to the other side due to extreme views that they never held being represented by their former party of choice.

Economical tendencies during trump's time in office should support retention of office, whilst social unrest will support a new office.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m still very happy I’ve backed Trump at $2.50 and will very surprised if he doesn’t win

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I’m still very happy I’ve backed Trump at $2.50 and will very surprised if he doesn’t win
You picked up good odds. Isn’t he in closer to $2.10 now?

it will be interesting with the Supreme Court judging passing away, whether trump selects a new appointee before the election or after.

Status
Not open for further replies.