Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
STEVE TURNER and Denan Kemp have been earmarked as potential replacements for Bulldogs winger Hazem El Masri, the game's greatest points-scorer who is expected to announce his retirement today from rugby league.

El Masri, 33, is set to end months of speculation by announcing he will hang up the most prolific boots in the game at the end of the season, rather than end his career in the UK.

David Riolo - the manager of Melbourne's Turner, off contract at the end of the season, and the Warriors' Kemp, who has been playing for Auckland in NSW Cup and seems unwanted by Ivan Cleary in the wake of rookie Kevin Locke's displays - has held informal discussions with the Dogs. Turner wants to stay with Melbourne but salary-cap constraints might render that impossible.

It is believed Bulldogs officials will first look to re-sign Daryl Millard but if he decides to leave the club they will target a replacement for El Masri from outside.

Turner and Kemp are at the top of the list when it comes to seasoned first-grade talent, along with Sharks winger Mitch Brown, although the Bulldogs may look to target youngsters with little or no first-grade experience.

They have been buoyed by the form of their other winger Bryson Goodwin, who came to the club with just nine first-grade matches under his belt and is now the NRL's leading try-scorer.

El Masri's announcement today will come just 24 hours after Tonie Carroll came out of retirement to help ease the Broncos' substantial injury toll. Prop Nick Kenny had scans on his knee injury yesterday amid fears he had done significant medial ligament damage, while fullback Karmichael Hunt will also know today the results of scans on his troublesome ankle.

And Cronulla followed their signing of boom Parramatta youngster Albert Kelly with the retention of halfback Scott Porter to a two-year deal.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
TBH i wouldnt want turner,

Kemp has more potential, and in the other article Inu was mentioned. So many links grrr

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd prefer Turner over Kemp

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Pffft. More dead wood? No thanks.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Turner. Noooooooo way. Kemp yes but not for what he's on atm. Inu (even though its BS) ftw.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
FCK OFF TURNER!

Kemp, yes.
Turner, get on your knees and start juggling.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
I rather Utai and Nanai to Turner.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Turner and Hooch is ordinary, not that fast at all and doesn't offer all that much. He's a solid player who has one good game in ten. He also doesn't seem to try his hardest all of the time. Plus if he signed with us he would probably turn around and reneg on the contract last minute like he did the Titans. No thank you!

Kemp would be a good signing on the cheap and has shown at Brisbane what he can do in a good team that can score tries. Which is what NZ are not and no winger could do well there at the moment. It seems he has unfairly been made a scapegoat and he's a winger FFS!

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
turner is completely ****, and will be a massive rip off.. only ever played origin since his club coach was the origin coach... absolute scrub.

kemp on the other hand would be cheap as he hasnt been playing FG.

**** turner, id rather save money and bet on kemp.

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
you take Turner out of the Melbourne backline and he is a very limited player and a defensive liability... plus, he would command substantial money

not worth it IMO

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kemp >>> Turner > Utai

Remember they are playing outside Idris, I think Kemp would be a great fit.

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A big NO!!!! to Turner..... He would be the dud buy of the year if we got him.

-313-

and the rumors just keep on coming...
I can tell you first hand that the Bulldogs priority atm is to secure Goodwin... I think the other wing position would be fought over by Wini, Millard, & Heka...

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kemp first, Inu second and Turner as option 290137127382173129379123

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Turner is LOL

Our club isn't even linked to these players. Has Greenberg or Moore said anything? No they haven't.

I prefer Utai. He would be dynamite outside Idris.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Turner is a big no no. Kemp makes for an interesting prospect at the right price.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Turner is LOL

Our club isn't even linked to these players. Has Greenberg or Moore said anything? No they haven't.

I prefer Utai. He would be dynamite outside Idris.
100% agree

BUT, if we had to choose between these 2, i would want Kemp

Status
Not open for further replies.