Trial 2 Bulldogs v Raiders

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Interest quote from Ricky. The Raiders' recent pattern of only one trial game has continued this season, with Stuart saying he does not want to risk serious injury at this time of the year.
"Early in my career as a coach we always had two trials, but over a long time I have always elected to only have one," he said.
"Because they train very hard here and we can get match fitness, as much as 40 to 50 minutes, if we train correctly and get our [training] loads and collisions at training where there is less risk."

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the starting team will look something like that.

1. DWZ
2. Okunbor
3. Hoppa
4. R Smith
5. Harper/Averillo
6. Lewis
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Elliott

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what happens at hooker (both trial and round 1) if JMK is injured. Will Katoa play 80 or will Pay move someone like Cogger for a short stint during the trial or will he really re-try the Holland thing.

I also hope some of these kids come good otherwise the depth in the backs is terrible with players like Crichton and Montoya.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Name the starting 13 right now you pussies :rage::rage::rage:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This would be my team out of that bunch.

1. DWZ
2. Okunbor
3. Harper
4. Hopoate
5. Reimis
6. Lewis
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Holland
15. Toomaga
16. Britt
17. Stimson
The rest

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the starting team will look something like that.

1. DWZ
2. Okunbor
3. Hoppa
4. R Smith
5. Harper/Averillo
6. Lewis
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Elliott
Pay started last year with CHN in the middle too.. i'm hoping we don't see that and elliot and jackson on an edge, with elliot coming off the bench ergh

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have named a 22-man squad for their match against the Canberra Raiders in Port Macquarie on Saturday February 29.

This weekend's trial match will be the clubs final hit out before their opening game of the 2020 NRL Premiership Season against the Parramatta Eels at Bankwest Stadium on Thursday March 12.

Captain Josh Jackson has been named and cleared to play after recovering from a broken nose. He will be joined by forward Adam Elliott in this weekend's line-up after picking up a minor leg injury from a training session a fortnight ago.

Outside back Christian Crichton will also feature in the Port Macquarie trial after overcoming a knee injury.

Corey Harawira-Naera and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak have both been included in the squad after featuring in last weekend's NRL All Stars fixture.

Watene-Zelezniak will be assessed before this Saturday's trial match against the Raiders.

Please note the starting 13 will be confirmed an hour before kick-off.

The Bulldogs head into this weekend's meeting with the a Raiders following a 30-18 victory over the Cronulla Sharks in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.

The visit to Port Macquarie is part of a five-year partnership agreement with the Far North, with the Bulldogs creating a partnership with the area that will provide funding and coaching assistance.

2020 NRL Trial: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs vs Canberra Raiders, 4:30pm, Saturday 29 February – Port Macquarie Regional Stadium, Port Macquarie

Tickets: General Admission Tickets available for purchase here.

Live-Stream: Available via Bulldogs.com.au or the Bulldogs App.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 22-man Squad
Adam Elliott, Aiden Tolman, Brandon Wakeham, Christian Crichton, Corey Hawira-Naera, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Dean Britt, Dylan Napa, Isaiah Tass, Jack Cogger, Jake Averillo, Jayden Okunbor, Joe Stimson, Josh Jackson, Kerrod Holland, Lachlan Lewis, Morgan Harper, Ofahiki Ogden, Reimis Smith, Renouf To'omaga, Sione Katoa, Will Hopoate.

Players Unavailable Due to Injury
Chris Smith (Knee), Jeremy Marshall-King (Shoulder), Kieran Foran (Shoulder), Marcello Montoya (Knee), Nick Meaney (Hamstring), Raymond Faitala-Mariner (Ankle), Sauaso Sue (Knee).

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/02/25/jackson-returns-for-bulldogs-final-hit-out/
from information I have been given we are supposedly having a training session on Friday at harry Elliot Oval in Tuncurry. Right in the heart of group three where the Dogs have an arrangement with the mid north coast.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interest quote from Ricky. The Raiders' recent pattern of only one trial game has continued this season, with Stuart saying he does not want to risk serious injury at this time of the year.
"Early in my career as a coach we always had two trials, but over a long time I have always elected to only have one," he said.
"Because they train very hard here and we can get match fitness, as much as 40 to 50 minutes, if we train correctly and get our [training] loads and collisions at training where there is less risk."
Have to admit, Raiders were probably the fittest team in the finals series last year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
from information I have been given we are supposedly having a training session on Friday at harry Elliot Oval in Tuncurry. Right in the heart of group three where the Dogs have an arrangement with the mid north coast.
Looks like they had something down there this afternoon too. The posted some pics on Facebook maybe they are staying down that way?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to get CHN on a edge and give him as much ball as he wants. I think he’s in for a massive year.
theres a few combos i reckon might work.
Stimson looks a bit tired for me, every time i've seen him he looks like hes had a massive night and on the alcohol sweats haha

Hoping Britt and Renouf get extended time this year and switch it up from the regular powderpuffs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looks like they had something down there this afternoon too. The posted some pics on Facebook maybe they are staying down that way?
Probably are as this is where they were going to play the trial game CC vs under 23 rep mid north coast side a week or so ago....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
theres a few combos i reckon might work.
Stimson looks a bit tired for me, every time i've seen him he looks like hes had a massive night and on the alcohol sweats haha

Hoping Britt and Renouf get extended time this year and switch it up from the regular powderpuffs
That is the perfect description of Stimpson! I really hope he doesn't turn into the typical Storm player after they have left Melbourne.

Renouf looked awesome last week and went the full 80 in that sauna in PNG the big fella is primed!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is the perfect description of Stimpson! I really hope he doesn't turn into the typical Storm player after they have left Melbourne.

Renouf looked awesome last week and went the full 80 in that sauna in PNG the big fella is primed!
Lets hope so on both counts

Stimpson just looks like he smells sour lol
Hopefully he gets a bit fitter

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets hope so on both counts

Stimpson just looks like he smells sour lol
Hopefully he gets a bit fitter
Big Sam must have tipped him off about the good kebab joints when they were both down there.