Trial 2 Bulldogs v Raiders

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here’s the Raiders squad-

Jarrod Croker, Nick Cotric, Matt Frawley, Emre Guler, Siliva Havili, Josh Hodgson, Corey Horsburgh, Dunamis Lui, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Kai O'Donnell, Michael Oldfield, Josh Papalii, Curtis Scott, Bailey Simonsson, Harley Smith-Shields, Sia Soliola, Daine Spencer, Ryan Sutton, Joe Tapine, Matt Timoko, Semi Valemei, Elliott Whitehead, Jack Wighton, George Williams, Sam Williams, Hudson Young

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He looks hard to handle, strong but ganguly and can offload, plus he doesn't look that slow, has a step and made 90 metres a game last year mostly off the bench with a 90% tackle efficiency. I see no reason why he couldn't be effective both in the middle and wider. With Napa, Tolman, Ogden and To'omaga in the prop rotation I see more chance of Britt playing edge. All up a pretty potent forward rotation.
Jacko goes for pretty much the 80 and you want CHN on the field as much as possible so I don’t see where he will get the game time on the edge. I think he will be in the prop rotation ahead of Ogden to start the year.
By "rotation" I didn't necessarily mean within the same game, forwards get injuries, need a game off occasionally, get suspended, off on rep duties etc. Plus if JMK can get to 80 mins (apparently Katoa already can) then the in game rotation can be all forwards. Not wishing it on him, but expecting Jacko to go as hard as he does at his age for 80 mins is asking for stress injuries and at some point Tolman has to see reduced minutes. That pack of forwards, with their disparate skill set, could be a real handful for any opposition to handle, looking forward to it.

Go Dogs

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
IMO you can't leave Ogden out. He's becoming a decent impact player off the bench.
Britt looks quite a handy player too, either on the edges or in the middle but I'd like to see
him put himself in positions for more offloads.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bench Tolman for renouf. Piss Stimspon off to nsw cup. Can't argue with the rest.
My team atm

1.DWZ
2.okunbor
3.hopoate
4.R Smith
5.Meaney
6. Lewis
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9.JMK
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Stimson

14. To’omaga
15. Ogden
16. Britt
17. Katoa

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jacko goes for pretty much the 80 and you want CHN on the field as much as possible so I don’t see where he will get the game time on the edge. I think he will be in the prop rotation ahead of Ogden to start the year.
Yup, put him on the bench to play minutes in the middle, and as cover for injury to an edge forward.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At full strength I'd like to see this team.

1. Dwz
2. Meaney (gk)
3. Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Okunbor
6. Foran/Lewis when Foran is injured
7. Wakeham
8. Rfm
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Jackson (c)
12. Chn
13. Tolman

14. Katoa
15. Renouf
16. Ogden
17. Britt

Next year Tolman out Thompson in. Okunbor out jac in. Foran out buy a gun 5/8. Plus jury still out on dwz and jmk.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Here’s the Raiders squad-

Jarrod Croker, Nick Cotric, Matt Frawley, Emre Guler, Siliva Havili, Josh Hodgson, Corey Horsburgh, Dunamis Lui, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Kai O'Donnell, Michael Oldfield, Josh Papalii, Curtis Scott, Bailey Simonsson, Harley Smith-Shields, Sia Soliola, Daine Spencer, Ryan Sutton, Joe Tapine, Matt Timoko, Semi Valemei, Elliott Whitehead, Jack Wighton, George Williams, Sam Williams, Hudson Young
Cool, quite a few who played finals last year in that squad. Bring it!

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bench Tolman for renouf. Piss Stimspon off to nsw cup. Can't argue with the rest.
Yeh To'omaga needs to be in there somewhere, I have him on the bench because he's much
more impactful then Tolman. Tolman is still a quality and reliable player
Why NSW cup for Stimson?

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At full strength I'd like to see this team.

1. Dwz
2. Meaney (gk)
3. Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Okunbor
6. Foran/Lewis when Foran is injured
7. Wakeham
8. Rfm
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Jackson (c)
12. Chn
13. Tolman

14. Katoa
15. Renouf
16. Ogden
17. Britt

Next year Tolman out Thompson in. Okunbor out jac in. Foran out buy a gun 5/8. Plus jury still out on dwz and jmk.
Never occurred to put RFM at prop. He's got speed but I don't know that he could handle it.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If all the players selected play then I think the teams will lineup something like this:

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Canberra Raiders
Sat February 29 2020, 5:45pm at Port Macquarie Regional Stadium

01. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
02. Jake Averillo
03. Will Hopoate
04. Reimis Smith
05. Jayden Okunbor
06. Jack Cogger
07. Lachlan Lewis
08. Renouf To'omaga
09. Sione Katoa
10. Dylan Napa
11. Josh Jackson
12. Corey Hawira-Naera
13. Aiden Tolman

Brandon Wakeham, Adam Elliott, Dean Britt, Joe Stimson, Ofahiki Ogden, Morgan Harper, Kerrod Holland, Christian Crichton, Isaiah Tass.

01. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
02. Bailey Simonsson
03. Curtis Scott
04. Jarrod Croker
05. Nick Cotric
06. Jack Wighton
07. George Williams
08. Josh Papalii
09. Josh Hodgson
10. Sia Soliola
11. Elliott Whitehead
12. Joe Tapine
13. Ryan Sutton

Sam Williams, Dunamis Lui, Michael Oldfield, Matt Frawley, Emre Guler, Siliva Havili, Corey Horsburgh, Kai O'Donnell, Harley Smith-Shields, Daine Spencer, Matt Timoko, Semi Valemei, Hudson Young.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
By "rotation" I didn't necessarily mean within the same game, forwards get injuries, need a game off occasionally, get suspended, off on rep duties etc. Plus if JMK can get to 80 mins (apparently Katoa already can) then the in game rotation can be all forwards. Not wishing it on him, but expecting Jacko to go as hard as he does at his age for 80 mins is asking for stress injuries and at some point Tolman has to see reduced minutes. That pack of forwards, with their disparate skill set, could be a real handful for any opposition to handle, looking forward to it.

Go Dogs
If you think or know that Katoa can get 80 minutes then I have land I want to sell you.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How the fuck is Curtis Scott playing was he cleared or something

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay wants to take the game seriously to see what we got, is he asking too much?
He has the Raiders in his sights already.