Trent Barrett - Mega thread

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The issue I have is that we are now in June & have 10 or so players leaving us & 3 incoming. Where are the 7 new player signings.........

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon other teams will borrow that game plan when playing Penrith. Keep the ball out of play as much as possible.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If deitz didn’t get injured, dwz didn’t have a brain snap and jack didn’t give those penalties away we keep the panthers scoreless in the 1st half? To be in that picture/position I think would have been incredible, I haven’t lost faith in Barret by any means, yes we needed to take more of a chance in the 2nd half but we were down after those 2 stupid mistakes, that’s not Barret, 0-0 at half time and one of those try’s was just a fluke in the 2nd we are in the game again just lacking that polish on a few areas, our confidence and clearly our fitness is a big problem but he’s only had one preseason and half the squad he doesn’t want, most of the teams with new coaches are not firing and they have some real quality players, we showed how to beat Penrith today, that was good enough for me, love the dogs, can’t wait for the team to be back with some quality and depth, hope it’s sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed for some signings!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
GTD has had it in for Barrett for 6 weeks now at least and he ain't fuckin alone from what i've seen, far from it.

I couldn't coach a league team of any reasonable level to save my life so i don't critique what i don't know, plus what is going in behind the scenes none of us know(although some think nothing worthwhile i cannot believe this is the case).Baz gets good coin yes but he isn't in this for ego or self importance that's just BS..if this doesn't work he is finished as a head coach.
While i think he is up for the challenge i wouldn't mind betting part of him now is thinking i could be sitting in the chair next to Vonny(likely fending off her advances lol)showing up these other quinces and doing so for plenty of cash week in week out with zero stress, why do you think he hasn't taken that route? I'm assuming because he wants to be a successful coach, he wants the challenge.Although i bet he didn't appreciate we were so devoid of decent FG players.

What i do reckon i know is that all the negatories(even if your partly right or it may be proven mostly right about the state of the coaching)are going to have to suck it up for roughly another 12 months so it's maybe time to start dealing with that?...IF we're still shithouse and underperforming etc etc like we are now or close to it i'll be there calling for change too.
Until then Baz isn't going anywhere it will still take some games next year for Burts and co. to get us moving in the direction we want and for me that is fair, clearly we would want/probably demand to be winning games on end by mid next season and be contending for a top 8 spot.
That all sounds great. So let’s all just sit back and watch us getting flogged week in week out until end of 22 before suddenly having collective epiphany that it’s not working.

Then we start looking for another coach but this time only a seasoned successful coach which there really is only 3 or 4 max worth pissing on.

Due to availabilityor lack there of we can’t sign one to start until 2024. Then the NEW/NEXT rebuild begins..

in the mean time “Burts” has gone fuck this shit and signed with the Roosters to partner Sam Walker. The board has been sacked and Dib re-instated, Laundy now sponsors the Tigers, JAC has trotted off to Redfern while Waddell a Flange enter the second year of their amazing 10 year Bulldog Contracts.

P.S Rorters got Burts cause the exciting new Roosters assistant coach Trent Barrett knows a guy who knows a guy...

But I tell you what 2025/2026 could possibly maybe potentially be promising and stuff.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That all sounds great. So let’s all just sit back and watch us getting flogged week in week out until end of 22 before suddenly having collective epiphany that it’s not working.

Then we start looking for another coach but this time only a seasoned successful coach which there really is only 3 or 4 max worth pissing on.

Due to availabilityor lack there of we can’t sign one to start until 2024. Then the NEW/NEXT rebuild begins..

in the mean time “Burts” has gone fuck this shit and signed with the Roosters to partner Sam Walker. The board has been sacked and Dib re-instated, Laundy now sponsors the Tigers, JAC has trotted off to Redfern while Waddell a Flange enter the second year of their amazing 10 year Bulldog Contracts.

P.S Rorters got Burts cause the exciting new Roosters assistant coach Trent Barrett knows a guy who knows a guy...

But I tell you what 2025/2026 could possibly maybe potentially be promising and stuff.
Sounds like we need to just wait this out...

I’ve got a hunch it will get better...lol

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
All jokes aside ,get off the crack Dave etc,
But seriously the last 3 weeks I've seen improvement and that's what a coach is employed for,
Talent is another thing so it will take 3 to 5 yrs to really be a threat,
Looking forward to players released and signings,
Some big names need to go early if contracted for the development of the side

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dumb fuckin question what panthers will get picked do you think he really gives a fuck like anybody else..can’t wait till those cocky pricks get humbled would make it even better if it was in the gf
Eliminated the game before is better lol

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have now gone past last years points differential of -222.

Different style of game now this year but still not a great stat.
I agree it is a different game now but the other teams have transitioned... yeah but not us ! :-(

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree it is a different game now but the other teams have transitioned... yeah but not us ! :-(
Hetherington coming out in the first few minutes and not seeming to alter his tackling style kinda tells us that nothing much transitions at Belmore to adjust to conditions .... This year at least.

Here's another "next year" for ya lol

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He might as well record his presser and just press the play button every week! Nothing changes.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At least he slowed Penrith down, most teams couldn’t do that. Score would have been very close if that was a penalty, we would have been on the board and made it very hard, the reffs made it very easy, that’s the ONLY reason panthers won, because we were VERY competitive.!!!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst we are on the create a Trent Barrett thread.
I thought, why not I.
Why don't I follow the masses of arm chair experts who just know so much about running a professional rugby league team in the NRL
Those of us way more experienced that all the coaches we have had since the kennel began.

Every coach has been called out as useless since the kennel began.

I can not believe how stupid our club has been all these years,
Appointing the likes of hasler, pay, and Barrett as head coaches.
Why would our club be so stupid to offer huge contracts to these morons who think they know anything about rugby league.

Our club would have been so much better off appointing the armchair experts from the kennel to coach our team.

I mean, all you fat lazy pricks sitting in front of your computers eating potato chips and drinking coke from the 1.25ltr bottle all day obviously know so much more than, that moron Barrett.

The club could offer you 50k a year to coach our team from your living rooms.

That's a hell of a lot more than you guys no doubt currently earn, and massive unders to what that hack Barrett is on.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At least he slowed Penrith down, most teams couldn’t do that. Score would have been very close if that was a penalty, we would have been on the board and made it very hard, the reffs made it very easy, that’s the ONLY reason panthers won, because we were VERY competitive.!!!
Agree..the Bus Driver has been exposed.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He might as well record his presser and just press the play button every week! Nothing changes.
It's all very disappointing for Bulldogs fans.

On the one hand we can understand the coaching difficulties.

5 players out of the 17 are mistakeathons and give away so much possession in 6agains, dropped balls even near the line, no game management, shirtgrabbers, poor passes and acts like DWZ's, all of which must make coaches and team mates drop their heads and wonder why bother, how can we get better, or a win, with these game after game brain explosions and poor performances.

On the other hand, these players are not performing to their best but we need players who will. Some are coming.

Then thirdly, some feel, the coach has made the same mistakes game after game with rotations and selections and gameplans and seemingly unable to get them playing their best footy, which is his job.

It seems it's a vicious cycle.

In the meantime we support our team and hope that next year we perform better with better players and that unlocks any sustainable coaching ability that Baz may have.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Could be worse
You could follow Parra pr the tigers.

I for believe we will be a tad more competetive next year.
There is a broom going through the roster this year. So there is pnly pne way we can go.