Trent Barrett - Mega thread

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love that TBAZ has his own mega thread, good shit.!! Bring on 22 Trent :grinning:

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Me: Hi everyone. My name's Where's Pea? and I've been an armchair coach for over 30 years now.

Habs (Kennel Chairperson): Welcome mate. This is a very brave step you have taken. Please tell us your story?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Feels like the half the squad are just there for their last year of a paycheck.

I doubt we'll see many of our un-signed players remaining in the NRL beyond this season and they seem to know it. Now would be the time to show everyone what you're made of but they clearly just don't care anymore

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Feels like the half the squad are just there for their last year of a paycheck.

I doubt we'll see many of our un-signed players remaining in the NRL beyond this season and they seem to know it. Now would be the time to show everyone what you're made of but they clearly just don't care anymore
or they're just not good enough. I do think a few should be re-signed tho.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
or they're just not good enough. I do think a few should be re-signed tho.
There isn't much harm in trying to do something different. It's also a confidence thing, you never know what you can pull off until you try it. Frankly we are going to cop a lot more beatings this year and i would like to see them atleast try something except 5 hit ups and kick to the corner

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's time for Barrett to have a more senior coach, a more experienced ex coach who has the footy smarts than what he has in Furner.
Even the best of coaches such as Bellamy equip themselves with good men around them.

Who should replace Furner?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There is no evidence. Only koolaid, it's the special 'rebuild' brew. Drink it and go all in on the rebuild rhetoric and how we are turning things around.
The pay lovers drank the "rebuild" brew first...

Baz is not the answer but just by recruiting Burton and JAC he is already miles ahead of the lost ****.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's time for Barrett to have a more senior coach, a more experienced ex coach who has the footy smarts than what he has in Furner.
Even the best of coaches such as Bellamy equip themselves with good men around them.

Who should replace Furner?
Cement, Terry Randle, Trevor Glimiester, Brad Clyde, Steve Matai, anyone one that can tackle and understands the value of defence..

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thoughts about Barrett on the Kennel, summarised:

Barrett is a really good coach.

Just wait and see.

He needs time.

He just needs good people around him.

Sack the people around him and put better people around him, then he will improve.

We just need to add top quality players and he will get better.

His record at Manly is because Manly is a basket case.

Penrith are going so well now because of Barrett, even though he is not there anymore and was only there for just over a season anyway.

He speaks so well.

He is a master recruiter

If Barrett is not our coach we won’t recruit any decent players.

Players are coming for Barrett, not the money, therefore, he is better than every coach we’ve had in recent history.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score

Just wait and see.

He needs time.

Sack the people around him and put better people around him, then he will improve.

Penrith are going so well now because of Barrett, even though he is not there anymore and was only there for just over a season anyway.

He speaks so well.

He is a master recruiter

Players are coming for Barrett, not the money, therefore, he is better than every coach we’ve had in recent history.
got all bases covered

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Just wait and see.

He needs time.

He speaks so well.

He is a master recruiter

You forgot "he hasn't got the cattle"

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gould was on the mark when he was talking about 5 year plans at Penrith to turn them from a rabble to a top 4 team.

There aren't enough quality fg coaches around that is the reality. It's why there is a lot of recycled/sacked coaches doing mercenary jobs going from club to club.

We need to unearth the next Bellamy, scout a top young coach who can be here for the long haul. If we go for a proven coach there aren't any options besides Flanagan.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been a terrible start for poor Trent but despite the treachery and injuries there has been signs of eagerness in the group and he is still the man for the job.
They will roll the Dragons after the bye 100%

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well over half of next year's squad will have been be signed by Barrett.. it's only fair he is judged on it..

Thus far his signings have been extremely poor.. with exception of the player yet to arrive..