TRENT BARRETT - DEFENCE MASTER CLASS

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im all for backing barrett, but come on guys, everyone he said there was standard 101 defensive coaching.. we dont need to jizz over everything he says.

Reactions: jof

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wait. Hang on. You’re the BEST looking AND have the BEST sense of humour?? I guess it’s the quick and the dead innit :-).
Mate. Let's be honest. I'm the best on here. By a long way. And you guys haven't even seen me yet. Well ... apart from those who were going through my work website profiles to see who I am ;)

Don't mean to talk myself up all the time, but it's hard not to when you're this good. Seriously

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This video is amazing insight from a genius of rugby league.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally find the constant attacks on Pay as pathetic. No one is saying he was an amazing coach, but he gave his absolute all for the club when we were going through extremely difficult times.

He always had our club's interest at heart. Just simply wasn't good enough. Wish people would stop looking for any and every excuse to kick the guy.
lol. he made his own job hard with shit interchange and playing players in the wrong positions. I dont have sympathy sorry.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We never got belted because Pay instilled a fighting mentality.

Compare to the broncos or titans that always get 50 on them.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol. he made his own job hard with shit interchange and playing players in the wrong positions. I dont have sympathy sorry.
Idk. To me I find is bizarre that people have to lay into our players / coaches / board so much. Grew up on the hill at Belmore, and honestly felt the power of my voice and the belief that my support could change things. So always tried to use that for positive. Support the players. Support the coach. Just the way it was for me.

No one is here saying that you should feel sympathy for Pay. No one here is saying he was the right person to take the club forward. No one ever said that. We all agree that the club is moving in the right direction, and it's a hugely positive thing that we've moved on from Pay who was seemingly lacking in all areas of football.

But ... for me I'll never understand the need for people to kick the guy when he gave so much for us. And, to be clear, I personally didn't like him as a player after the Parra thing, nor as a coach. But he came him and gave his all so I think he should deserve a little bit of respect for that personally.

Move on I say. Move on. Big things happening at the club. Positive things. Let's smile and be happy with the direction we're going rather than looking back at every opportunity. No?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trent Barrett steps down from Panthers’ recruitment team

Trent Barrett has stood down from a vital role within the Panthers’ organisation following his signing with the Bulldogs.

Trent Barrett has stood himself down from Penrith’s recruitment committee following his signing with the Canterbury Bulldogs.

“He’s handled it all very professionally,” Panthers chairman Dave O’Neill said.

Barrett will have an eye on players at other clubs while he looks to rebuild at Belmore next year with $2.5 million available in the Dogs’ salary cap.
The Panthers have moved on from the Phil Gould era by appointing a committee to handle recruitment.

Ivan Cleary, Cameron Ciraldo, Matt Cameron and Jim Jones from the football department have been joined by board members Greg Alexander, O’Neill and chief executive Brian Fletcher.
It is a huge change from the Gould days as general manager.

Gus was a one-man show, often doing deals without even the coach knowing.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/2a9a4f392b6926d4da7ee5d84dc7bcdb

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the players would have been excited by the boobies from pay and fired up to play at least some defence then only lose 26-0

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What a thread. Hype festival around Barrett’s defensive credentials :tearsofjoy:

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad this has been dug out from the archives. It got a laugh out me on an otherwise shit house afternoon

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone from the team see the video? There was no defence today. None at all.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously what did you expect?
Before kick off everyone is saying 60 nil, 91-6 record to be Broken.
People love kicking someone when there down.