Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I left early today to catch the early train.

Big mistake. It was pack AF. Lucky it was an AC train otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

I wonder what the following ones were like. Not nice to think what it will be like this afternoon. I might just catch a cab if it's bad come to think of it.
Feel for you, packed trains are shit

I took the opportunity to work from home today and Monday, essentially a 5 day wkend even though I probably get more work done at home

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Feel for you, packed trains are shit

I took the opportunity to work from home today and Monday, essentially a 5 day wkend even though I probably get more work done at home
I'm working from home on Monday - I can't fathom how bad it will be given how it was like today. Luckily for me it's only 20 mins on the train.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can’t wait for the autonomous trains to wipeout these flops that are striking

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Ecca will get you for that lol.
But if they want to keep striking ill have a crack i put 3 hrs on a train simulator last night , i can toot a horn and push a lever

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not the train drivers fault.

This is purely management's fault. Today's cut in services is because train drivers are ONLY refusing to do overtime.

So from a staffing perspective state government has royally fucked up because they've cut funding to training new train drivers to ease the burden on current drivers

People can't even take their leave because they're short staffed

Wahesh

Reaction score
So...
- MSN says the strike is called off
- Another outlet says the strike cannot go ahead
- Another outlet says it should not go ahead

Can these fucking IDIOTS make up their FUCKING mind???

STRIKE, DON'T STRIKE, JUST GIVE US A DEFINITIVE ANSWER SO WE CAN MAKE ALTERNATE PLANS FFS!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So...
- MSN says the strike is called off
- Another outlet says the strike cannot go ahead
- Another outlet says it should not go ahead

Can these fucking IDIOTS make up their FUCKING mind???

STRIKE, DON'T STRIKE, JUST GIVE US A DEFINITIVE ANSWER SO WE CAN MAKE ALTERNATE PLANS FFS!
Go to beach look at boobs

Wahesh

Reaction score
Go to beach look at boobs
THIS PEOPLE, THIS! WHY DO THERE HAVE TO BE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD BORN WITH TESTICLES WHO CANNOT APPRECIATE THE BEAUTY OF SOMETHING BIG, ROUND, FULL OF MILK THAT COMES IN PAIRS???

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
THIS PEOPLE, THIS! WHY DO THERE HAVE TO BE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD BORN WITH TESTICLES WHO CANNOT APPRECIATE THE BEAUTY OF SOMETHING BIG, ROUND, FULL OF MILK THAT COMES IN PAIRS???
For a second there I thought this said comes in Paris... I was like WTF has Paris got to do with boobs.

True story

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Combined train threads into the renamed megathread.

Fair Work Commission has stepped in and pretty much put everyone back in their corners (including Unions).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5310165/Sydney-train-strike-delayed-six-weeks.html

Sydney's train strike will be delayed for six weeks after the Fair Work Commission ruled it would 'endanger welfare'.

Rail workers planned to walk off the job for 24 hours at 12.01am on Monday as they demand a six per cent year pay rise for the next four years.
An indefinite overtime ban which began on Thursday morning and caused 1,300 services to be cancelled will also be called off until 6pm on March 8.

Marathon meetings this week failed to resolve the bitter wage dispute and workers on Wednesday voted overwhelmingly to reject a 3.45 per cent pay rise.

The NSW Government took the matter to the FWC arguing the one-day strike alone would cost the state's economy $50-90 million.

Rail Tram and Bus Union lawyers said that economic impact was 'minuscule' compared to the size of the $600 billion NSW economy, but lost the argument.

'I am satisfied that this industrial action... threatens to endanger the welfare of a part of the population,' FWC senior deputy president Jonathan Hamberger ruled. '[They include] the large number of people in Sydney and surrounding areas who rely on the services... to get to work, attend school, or otherwise go about their business. 'As well as those who will suffer from the increased congestion on the roads that would be an inevitable consequence of the industrial action. 'I am also satisfied that the industrial action threatens to cause significant damage to the economy of Sydney - the largest and most economically important city in Australia.'

The FWC ruling came on the same day as an indefinite ban on overtime came into effect, causing passengers to be stranded on platforms in huge delays.

The ruling only come into affect at 6pm on Thursday, meaning commuter chaos would continue into peak hour.

RBTU state secretary Alex Claassens said he accepted the decision and would continue negotiating on the pay dispute on Thursday night.

"My members will be disappointed quite rightly but we have been able to make people listen to our concerns," he said. "We were forced into this position by a Transport Minister who just wouldn't come to the table. We finally got him to the table [and] we are continuing to work through those issues." Mr Claassens admitted the ruling weakened the union's leverage as it couldn't take industrial action for the next six weeks.

Suck shit to them... trying to hold the government ransom by demanding higher wages.

Most wages haven't even raised < 1% let alone 3.45 or 6% a year.

Nothing more than greed by the unions.

And it'll fuck the consumer as Sydnye Trains will hike their prices to cover the additional wages, which will put more hardship onto the common worker (already struggling to pay mortgages/exhorbinant rents).

Wahesh

Reaction score
Alex Claassens is a greedy cunning moron who should fuck off back to whichever Scandinavian country he comes from!

Wahesh

Reaction score

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Suck shit to them... trying to hold the government ransom by demanding higher wages.

Most wages haven't even raised < 1% let alone 3.45 or 6% a year.

Nothing more than greed by the unions.

And it'll fuck the consumer as Sydnye Trains will hike their prices to cover the additional wages, which will put more hardship onto the common worker (already struggling to pay mortgages/exhorbinant rents).
6% is a huge stretch considering:

a) The average wage they are currently earning, in comparison to Australian mean (95K v 78K).
b) The average against the other countries in the world, with a similiar position (Only Norway pay more $ per annum than Australia... we we pay more than the US, Germany and Canada).
c) GDP increase year on year is 3%, and if all indications are correct, we are about to enter somewhat of a recession..bit rich.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are these poofters scared of working overtime? Wowsers... So they get a good wage, promised a 3.45% increase (which is not great but its better than CPI, can you really complain) and they still strike?

Do they think of the people that rely on public transport network to go about their days? They care complaining about bonuses... for real... and they are willing to shut down a city, costing millions, because they are whinging about a bit of overtime

Wahesh

Reaction score
Are these poofters scared of working overtime? Wowsers... So they get a good wage, promised a 3.45% increase (which is not great but its better than CPI, can you really complain) and they still strike?

Do they think of the people that rely on public transport network to go about their days? They care complaining about bonuses... for real... and they are willing to shut down a city, costing millions, because they are whinging about a bit of overtime
It's all greed mate, all greed. They all want money. They are all evil, greedy, money-hungry bastards.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Take a look at this post from my man @Ecca and how well drivers get paid - yet they want more (this isn't directed at @Ecca as I know he's a good bloke, rather the union).

I've struck gold I think ladies, gentlemen, Assassin and SoH,

Train driving, who knew.

The base rate of pay is ok, but the penalties, oh my the penalties.

Get this, if I work an overtime shift, not only do I get paid penalty rates, I also get paid a $100 bonus for the first shift, then a $150 bonus for the 2nd shift and so on.... It is AWESOME.

I went out Window Licking "Riding up front with other drivers" the other day and all they did was perv on the girls at the platform (and drive the train).

There is a bunch of rules and procedures obviously, but some of them haven't spoken to their boss in 3 years.

I think I may be in heaven

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny how the Government set up their own Fair work Commission that bans strike action.
Its a breach of Democracy, what are they going to do, sack everybody?
They should take them on, its not fair!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny how the Government set up their own Fair work Commission that bans strike action.
Its a breach of Democracy, what are they going to do, sack everybody?
They should take them on, its not fair!
The fair work commission when introduced by Rudd was supposed to be an independent organisation. When the libs won government they stacked the fair work commission with their IPA cronies.

Again train drivers are being FORCED to do overtime and not take leave.

This is all on the Head of the NSW state government.