Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This is exactly why I refuse to work anywhere that I have to catch a train. When I used to work in the city, Campsie by far was the WORST stop. All the Asians (no offence) would get on at 8am and like a normal human being wouldn't be drinking coffee but would open containers full of foul smelling foods. Just what I'd want 1st thing in the morning, a train that smells like farts and BO mixed together.
HEY!! Ain't nothing wrong with farts..

I don't use public transport at all... it's shit.

If I can't drive there I don't go.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is exactly why I refuse to work anywhere that I have to catch a train. When I used to work in the city, Campsie by far was the WORST stop. All the Asians (no offence) would get on at 8am and like a normal human being wouldn't be drinking coffee but would open containers full of foul smelling foods. Just what I'd want 1st thing in the morning, a train that smells like farts and BO mixed together.
Man don't get me started about my traveling to UTS by train for 3 years experience...

But now my other uni I got to by train is pretty easy and chill.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man don't get me started about my traveling to UTS by train for 3 years experience...

But now my other uni I got to by train is pretty easy and chill.
Is it the airport line? That is by far the best train line in Sydney.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
8am? I remember once I caught a train from Campsie at about 6:45am - and I'm talking back in like 2001/02, and AT THAT TIME the station was packed. I'm just thankful I was going against the flow (towards Bankstown) lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Penrith to Hornsby ooft. That's one bitch of a commute. That's probably something like 80-90 mins. I struggle enough as it is and it's less than 30 mins!

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8am? I remember once I caught a train from Campsie at about 6:45am - and I'm talking back in like 2001/02, and AT THAT TIME the station was packed. I'm just thankful I was going against the flow (towards Bankstown) lol.
Did anyone open a container full of prawn dumplings at that time lol?

Penrith to Hornsby via central is the line I use
That line is rubbish. Always delayed and Packed. I used to hate it when it got to Blacktown and Parramatta. It takes forever too even the fast trains but then again I used to catch it from Penrith.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have to catch a train from St Marys to the city for my Doctors. I get a wonderful tour of struggle Street lol

Wahesh

Reaction score
Thankfully no lol. It was actually a pretty cold winter morning at the time - and these air-conditioned millennium trains weren't in back then - it was the old silver rust buckets. So if anyone had prawns, hot spicy curry, or flied lice, it would've stunk out the whole joint.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Penrith to Hornsby ooft. That's one bitch of a commute. That's probably something like 80-90 mins. I struggle enough as it is and it's less than 30 mins!
Haha I use to catch from Pendle Hill to the city which was always bloody packed at any time both ways and full of Indians (no offence) who didn't know they smelt (curse you Harris Park station), it was just awful nearly always standing the whole way back and forth 3 years straight. Thank God thats past me now!

Now I do Pendle Hill to Kingswood for uni if I'm not driving and its great both ways, always get a seat as trains are empty and its close to uni.

That line is rubbish. Always delayed and Packed. I used to hate it when it got to Blacktown and Parramatta. It takes forever too even the fast trains but then again I used to catch it from Penrith.
It is but I use it here and there for uni only really.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thankfully no lol. It was actually a pretty cold winter morning at the time - and these air-conditioned millennium trains weren't in back then - it was the old silver rust buckets. So if anyone had prawns, hot spicy curry, or flied lice, it would've stunk out the whole joint.
I hate the sardine can trains, they are just shit then you got versions with A/C in them which just couldn't cope. I hated when Asian people mainly brought smelly food and ate it onboard yuckk!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Smells are the worst.

I can put up with chatter by putting my headphones on, but scents are something you can't flush out.

Whether it's overpowering perfumes that flare up my allergies, or the smell of Tumeric and Coriander or some sort of Vindaloo. Sometimes I swear I think some people bathe in that shit first thing in the morning.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Also people that crowd the entrance of the train, causing a log jam at the door which causes some people to hit panic and push themselves in, through fear of being pushed out of the train. There is ALWAYS room in the aisles downstairs and upstairs, but people are so fcking one dimensional they refuse to create space. I always raise my voice with a massive EXCUSE ME PLEASE. Sends shock waves and they all start shuffling lol

People are also so rude the way they push in to get on the train. Just want to elbow them in the face. Calm the fck down, we're all getting on the train!

And people who don't wait for everyone to exit the train before entering. Again, calm the fck down! You're getting on the train! Just let people exit first before you get on!

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to catch a train from St Marys to the city for my Doctors. I get a wonderful tour of struggle Street lol
St Marys? Why St Marys?

Also people that crowd the entrance of the train, causing a log jam at the door which causes some people to hit panic and push themselves in, through fear of being pushed out of the train. There is ALWAYS room in the aisles downstairs and upstairs, but people are so fcking one dimensional they refuse to create space. I always raise my voice with a massive EXCUSE ME PLEASE. Sends shock waves and they all start shuffling lol

People are also so rude the way they push in to get on the train. Just want to elbow them in the face. Calm the fck down, we're all getting on the train!

And people who don't wait for everyone to exit the train before entering. Again, calm the fck down! You're getting on the train! Just let people exit first before you get on!
Jeez you win buddy, I never thought id meet someone who hates trains more than me lol

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Jeez you win buddy, I never thought id meet someone who hates trains more than me lol
It's my ultimate pet hate. Along with bad drivers. I really should just find a job that requires me to work from home.