Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I kid you not. I go to the train station today and there was a curry muncha there. This bloke had fairly fair skin so he didn't look Indian. He said to me "Hey how are you?" I looked at him thinking it was somebody I knew... never seen him in my life. I said "Good how are you?" thinking he had a case of mistaken identity. He said "Good. Can I get a hi-five?" FFS. I gave him one just to shut him up... but WHO THE F**K GOES AROUND ASKING STRANGERS FOR HIGH FIVES THESE DAYS???

@Indiandog Zee is this an Indian thing?
Congrats you probably just high 5'd someone with jizz on their hands only minutes earlier.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Of course you didn't, you were just sitting in the middle seat :D
The only contact I'd make with a male who touches me is bitch-slapping that Karmichael back up his mothers vagene.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's a depiction of Newtown station showing how well forced migration works on a choking city!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Honest wahesh most people our age are sticking to 1-2 child families.

So where the fuck all these extra people coming from?

We need new immigration policies.
My brother thought of a good one.

If you immigrated here 30 years ago and still speak little to no English and haven't integrated into Australian society. Back on the boat or plane and piss off back to the land you came from.

My grandparents immigrated here and didn't get any red carpet treatment.

They couldn't get a drivers license or apply for a loan until they learned English.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Honest wahesh most people our age are sticking to 1-2 child families.

So where the fuck all these extra people coming from?

We need new immigration policies.
My brother thought of a good one.

If you immigrated here 30 years ago and still speak little to no English and haven't integrated into Australian society. Back on the boat or plane and piss off back to the land you came from.

My grandparents immigrated here and didn't get any red carpet treatment.

They couldn't get a drivers license or apply for a loan until they learned English.
If I have kids, I would like 2-3 children - I'll find 1 might get too lonely.

All these people are coming from Asia. That's the problem with Sydney. As soon as they think of Australia, they think of Sydney and want to move here. The best thing... move them to another city. Create a new city in the centre of the country and move them there. If they don't like it, let them piss off. Scott Morrison has the idea.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
If I have kids, I would like 2-3 children - I'll find 1 might get too lonely.

All these people are coming from Asia. That's the problem with Sydney. As soon as they think of Australia, they think of Sydney and want to move here. The best thing... move them to another city. Create a new city in the centre of the country and move them there. If they don't like it, let them piss off. Scott Morrison has the idea.
Sydney needs to be made off limits for new immigration.

All those narrow minded bleeding heart Aussies from the early 70's had the wrong idea.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck that ... I do not handle crowds / people in my personal space in that scenario. I get panic attacks/anxiety.
Yeah I do too.
I need my own safe space just for me in public.

I'm always looking which way the crowd isn't walking.

You know how people get off a bus and start following each other?
I never do that.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It's part the reason I drive everywhere.
I.prefer to drive too.
But it's getting annoying how congested traffic is becoming and how all these councils are getting greedy trying to ask for $30 for all day parking.

I live not far from the train station now so I'd prefer to catch the train when going to the city.

Work is different though. I need my car to get to work.

I'm not changing trains 3 times in over a one hour trip when I can drive there in 20-45 minutes.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Fuck that ... I do not handle crowds / people in my personal space in that scenario. I get panic attacks/anxiety.
Gee's I'd hate to see you in a crowded elevator that gets jammed.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Gee's I'd hate to see you in a crowded elevator that gets jammed.
Hence why I rarely use public transport. Last time I did was well over a decade ago. Yeah I could take medication, but why should I dope myself out for effectively the day just to catch public transport. Defeats the purpose of going out.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I’m standing on a crowded silver train. In this heat in peak hour that seems like a nightmare right? WRONG. This baby’s A/C is cranked to the max. Thank you for this level of comfort @Ecca my brother <3

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
There should only be a couple of non air con S sets left in operation, just about gone.
Pity they wouldn't sell any of the old trains to the public for back yards and properties, if they have asbestos, what are they even being doing in operation?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There should only be a couple of non air con S sets left in operation, just about gone.
Pity they wouldn't sell any of the old trains to the public for back yards and properties, if they have asbestos, what are they even being doing in operation?
There's quite a few people that own those Red Rattlers and the like. I've even stayed in one before :D

I still maintain every train should have toilets on them (same with buses).