No Source TPJ Rumours seem Legit ..

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol. The guy pretty much used retirement to get out of a contract. I'm happy he left, I reckon it benefits both parties but it's just all the shit he said in the media after he retired that makes me laugh.
Absolute flog of the highest order for the way he carried on literally about 3 months ago with ideologies he has supposedly held about league his whole life. Now he magically is keen to play again. F-L-O-G.

Gus is absolutely laughing we got his whole contract wiped from our cap. God love that man.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he will be back for for redcliffe by mid-year
what a gronk
He's signed with the Broncos affiliate club. They found a way around not paying him off the salary cap until later in the year if required. Round 11 he's eligible for them.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who is this TPJ you talk of??
we haven't had anyone of that name play for us that i can recall...

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's signed with the Broncos affiliate club. They found a way around not paying him off the salary cap until later in the year if required. Round 11 he's eligible for them.
do you know how affiliate clubs work?
He hasn’t signed with broncos

Reactions: Kaz

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol. The guy pretty much used retirement to get out of a contract. I'm happy he left, I reckon it benefits both parties but it's just all the shit he said in the media after he retired that makes me laugh.
What he said revealed that the main problem is TPJ.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whilst I don't give two flying fucks about TPJ, the whole thing is fishy as anything and the NRL needs to question it, especially after his comments last year.

What's stopping other players in the future, saying the exact same thing, just another loop hole waiting to be exploited in the contract system.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m baffled as to why the Broncos would even want this guy considering the amount of talent they have. (I assume they’ll sign him before June) His attitude is abysmal and his comments regarding league were enough for him to never come back. So I assume other boys can play pretend and fake a retirement and move onto another club? I’m happy he’s not the Dogs’ problem anymore but this is just a terrible look for the NRL.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whilst I don't give two flying fucks about TPJ, the whole thing is fishy as anything and the NRL needs to question it, especially after his comments last year.

What's stopping other players in the future, saying the exact same thing, just another loop hole waiting to be exploited in the contract system.
It's not a loop hole, any player can ask for a release or retirement or whatever you want to call it as long as both parties agree.

Only thing is other players won't be foolish enough to walk away from 750k. Gus must've been over the moon when TPJ surprised him with that early Christmas present.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Goodluck to the bloke he provided nothing. Hope he finds his form again and passion, sometimes making $$ then getting back to the core of what you want to achieve is what's needed.

But another t-rex.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t you love all the crying about Burton and Gus on here. If anyone can remove a non performing player (TPJ prime example) without any hassle it’s Gus so this Burton not performing needs to stop cause either way we are in good hands with Gus at the helm.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

There is nothing to question TPJ had spoken to Gus and Ciraldo a number of times that TPJ hated Sydney and wasn't adjusting to well,
( i dont blame him) so they all came to an agreement.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I agree. Regardless of whether he left on agreed terms, if they set a precedent of allowing a player to retire out of a contract only to sign a new deal before the contract he walked out of would expire they're truly fucking up. Contracts will be worth even less than they already are.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not surprised, he's mates with SBW afterall.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don’t know if we want them to look into it tbh. Him “retiring” suited us so the rumour that Gus/the club orchestrated it is believable. TPJ is a dumb carnt, but no way he’s leaving $800k or whatever on the table to chase some boxing career, only to sign for a QCup team 6 months later.

The fear is we gave him a handshake deal to make him “retire”.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know if we want them to look into it tbh. Him “retiring” suited us so the rumour that Gus/the club orchestrated it is believable. TPJ is a dumb carnt, but no way he’s leaving $800k or whatever on the table to chase some boxing career, only to sign for a QCup team 6 months later.

The fear is we gave him a handshake deal to make him “retire”.
Who cares how it happened, he’s off the books and that’s all that matters.