TPJ INJURY !!! TAKE IT EASY.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a bunch of Goldfish. Have you all forgotten how he put the team on his back and carried them over the line in the first 2022 match against the Eels? He can play. If he doesn't do that every week (OK he doesn't) it is up to the coaching staff to find out why and fix it.

My own feeling, not based on any inside knowledge, is that he has a chronic injury problem that could end his career prematurely if he can't be cured. He might well be looking at the boxing to give him an income post football. Paul Gallen and Sonny Bill have both made a quid like this.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should release a social media video speaking to the fans saying as such.

I suspect when fit he'll rip in and want to repay the club.

Both him and Thompson the club have really looked after in recent times, so they have a drive to repay the club and fanbase.

Part of me is wondering if the clubs playing coy "Oh yeah he's gone till Round 18", then suddenly in a week or two he's a late inclusion and catches a team off guard.

That said the club needs as many forwards back as they can now.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't want him in our club wasting our money.

If he wants to be a boxer that fights homeless guys promised a hot meal then go do that.

Leave football for footballers.
He'll be right mate...
As long as $BW keeps holding his hand :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well hopefully he lives up to his price tag, when he finally comes back. The fact that his return date still says indefinite does not inspire me with confidence.
It's not looking good !!!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not looking good !!!
Not at all. Hynes has returned from his calf strain, i realise there are likely to be different degrees of calf strain, but there doesn't seem to be an end it sight

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys please I understand your frustration with TPJ’S injury, just got confirmation that he is just as frustrated as us fans, he has being pushing for a early return however, CC and Gus are refusing to rush him back until he is 110% ready and the medical team haven’t given the all clear just yet, TPJ is as competitive as they come and he definitely feels he is letting the boys down and us fans, take it easy guys hopefully not long to go before we get are enforcer on the field again.
why stop at 110%? Surely he should be at least 135% ready.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The guy is injured and I’m sure he is hurting about not playing. I’m looking forward to him returning and seeing what he can do. There is no denying that he is a freak of a talent. Let’s see how he goes when he gets back on the field before burning the guy.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
TPJ seems to miss more games than he plays.
Anyone got a statistic on that for the last few years?
2022 played 19 games for us and missed 6.
2021 played 6 games for Penrith and missed 0.
2021 played 15 games for the Donkeys and missed 0.
2020 he missed a few games due to being suspended by the NRL for Covid breaches.
2016 to 2020 played 82 games for the Donkeys out of a possible 84.

Hardly injury prone.

Always a Bulldog

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has been talking with SBW so it's all good, boxing, etc