Tour De France 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ffs you dont know what these types of posts do to me

too much pressure on me to be funny now = over funny = not funny:(
Nah I had to laugh because I was so close to betting on the stage as well but decided against it.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Nah I had to laugh because I was so close to betting on the stage as well but decided against it.
i didnt even know that the peloton letting them win happens at all, every flat stage ive seen has the breakaway being hunted down

to be fair to my guy he tried to ride across the gap early in the stage but failed maybe realising that it was a day off and he wanted a win

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i didnt even know that the peloton letting them win happens at all, every flat stage ive seen has the breakaway being hunted down

to be fair to my guy he tried to ride across the gap early in the stage but failed maybe realising that it was a day off and he wanted a win
Not after the stage before plus it was the longest stage of the tour.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thumbtacks thrown on the road, what a disgrace everyone went down

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wiggins made a very interesting point about his team and doping of rivals.

From memory the numbers were that if his team rode at 350 Watts or 450 Watts at the front it is almost impossible to obtain the extra 100 Watts needed for 20 minutes straight up at 8% average gradient to put a few minutes time gap on him unless you are doping. That constant steady pace by team Sky broke Evans, Nibali and pretty every one else except the people they let attack the stages.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wiggins won it in the time trial. bad race planning, too much time trialling gifted it to wiggins.
if nibali evans etc only needed to make up 20 seconds or 45 seconds or whatever, like in previous years people would attack but because the gap was so bi, several minutes, sky controlled it easily.
wiggins is a gun but the tour should be more about mountain stages and less about the tt.
a weak tour IMO.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
wiggins won it in the time trial. bad race planning, too much time trialling gifted it to wiggins.
if nibali evans etc only needed to make up 20 seconds or 45 seconds or whatever, like in previous years people would attack but because the gap was so bi, several minutes, sky controlled it easily.
wiggins is a gun but the tour should be more about mountain stages and less about the tt.
a weak tour IMO.
Exactly a very boring tour, the previous duels of Schleck and Contador/Evans were epic. What happened to the team time trial?

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team time trial. Good call. I didn t even consider that. They are usually a killer stage to watch.
Last years battle between cadel contador voekler(for a while) and both schlecks was awesome. Cadel was all heart last year. Battling by himself against the enemy, those schlecks ganging up on him. Damn that had the adrenaline going.
Last year I just happened to be on holidays and watched nearly every stage. It was wild.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Team time trial. Good call. I didn t even consider that. They are usually a killer stage to watch.
Last years battle between cadel contador voekler(for a while) and both schlecks was awesome. Cadel was all heart last year. Battling by himself against the enemy, those schlecks ganging up on him. Damn that had the adrenaline going.
Last year I just happened to be on holidays and watched nearly every stage. It was wild.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w78zVt6T1N0 I know contador is a cheat but good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.