Totally ripped off

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How's Hetherington going now with Newcastle. I don't watch any other team except ours. Is he still being pinged for head highs, ruck infringement penalties, looking sideways at the ref like he was with us.

Or is he bring treated differently now being at Newcastle?
More the case he now has a coach that tells him he needs to be more disciplined, stop being a dumb fekk, adjust your tackling technique and stop giving away stupid penalties otherwise you are playing reserve grade.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
@Doogie there you go mate it was a try we got shafted again.
Of course we got shafted. We got shafted by the ref being in the wrong place. If you listened to it (and I posted my reasoning on the other thread) analsley said it because he doesn't want defenders crashing into refs. And how long did it take the storm to try that? 24 hours. Go figure.

You're pretty reasonable bro but because Analsley supported somes world views, they are frothing. And yet - most other weeks when analsley justifies some real world dogshit, the same people go full pitchfork. At some point these people will work it out he makes this up to either support the refs no matter how shite the call or in this instance, protect the refs from being bowling balls.

Every game I ever played in and if the dogs were defending and that was given, I'd be apeshit. Say it again, its on the ref as he should not have been there.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And so it should have. I was correct in my reading of the rules regarding mutual infringement that it cannot under any circumstance be the ruling when a defender collides with the referee. Perhaps the officials need a lesson in correct understanding of the English language.
Any official who coins a nonsense term like "mutual infringement" and runs with it is beyond help with English usage. It sounds like both sides agreed to infringe, whereas what they are trying to convey by the use of this term is that the game stopped but nobody infringed.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So we might be getting the rub off the green from now on.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk
More likely the NEXT time it happens to ANOTHER team, it will be called correctly and a try awarded. Meanwhile the NRL will continue to find new and interesting ways to try to screw us over... :smirk:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is true but it simply once again points out the fact that referees and the bunker need to be better and that they do in fact need to be held accountable.

It sucks that we seem to be on the end of these type of decisions and we need to keep on pointing it out...our coach needs to keep on pointing it out. If people simply sat back and said nothing we are just as bad as the muppets that make the errors.
To be fair, it happened early in the game, and whilst it cost us 4 (likely 6) points, we still retained posession and still couldnt take advantage on next play.

I know many of you think it cost us the game -thats jibberish. 6 points doesnt determine a game amymore. 30 points does.

Ive always said, if you are playing the game to be only 6 points better than the opposition, then you are putting yourself at risk of human error or fluke or game rules to affect the result.

I know we copped a number of contentious calls in this game. But we really need to be better and not whinge about a bad call midway though the first half when theres 60 more minutes to put a team away.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its
Not that I care about betting but I bet (haha no pun intended) that there’d be a few that put money on Kikau for anytime tryscorer, who would love this news.
Its up to the betting agencies to take this explanation and make a moral call on whether they should pay out on the bet.

Theyve shown such generosity before.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well you cant make wrong calls if you are not selected. Reactive once again from the NRL instead of proactive. Get the refs to not make basic mistakes and they won't be under the microscope as often...
He was just doin' his job ;)...and got a nice little holiday on full pay for his trouble. They rubbed our noses in it yet again by appointjng the idiot bunker ref...same as they've done before.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was just doin' his job ;)...and got a nice little holiday on full pay for his trouble. They rubbed our noses in it yet again by appointjng the idiot bunker ref...same as they've done before.
Or maybe he has been told to look after us ;-) Dreams are free right?