Totally ripped off

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Over the years (decades) I have gotten used to the 50/50 calls not going our way, but FMD we used to at least get some of the 80/20 calls. These days I question whether we will even get the 100/0 calls;

Taaffe tackled in the air, that's a 100/0 call
Shoulder charge to the head, instant send off, that's a 100/0 call
A clearly visible knock on missed for a line drop out, that's a 100/0 call
Kiraz tackled without the ball, that's 100/0 call

I hope we challenge the Grade 1 rating of Nicora's shoulder charge to Kikau's head, he went off for a HIA, absolutely no doubt it should have been a Grade 2. If a player can challenge for a downgrade we should be able to challenge for an upgrade. The Judiciary is simply covering up the ref's mistake with such a stupidly low grading, it was only rated Grade 1 so 10 minutes in the bin was correct, bullshit.

Always a Bulldog

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We got grinded to a pulp and leaked points in the final 20 minutes. That is totally on us regardless of how bad the ref was.
I agree some what.

We aren't a good enough team to overcome bad decisions yet, so we need to get the 50 50 calls. When we don't even get the 100 percent calls then for a team like ours it makes it impossible to win.

Tbh its like that for all the bottom 4 or 5 teams. They can stay with teams for good part of the game but one or two bad calls, or poor discipline and then that's the game.

It's not fair but it happens, the good teams seem to get most of the 50 50 calls go there way.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in the Bullfrog-Punchy days we would be the beneficiary of bad calls

You need to be mentally good enough to handle bad calls and physically good enough to cash in on bad calls

Last year we got some horrible calls in our favour and did turn them into points in some games like Canberra and Manly they came when it was all over and added some merit to an otherwise horrible performance

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jeez Phil rothfield it’s a wank he always talk negative about us in every way such a toss

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Annesley just reviewed the no try call and said it should have been awarded. *****

They should adjust score and give us 6 points, Gronk’s. then people can lay off our attack, we made double digits. Should reimburse my betting slip too bitches

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should adjust score and give us 6 points, Gronk’s. then people can lay off our attack, we made double digits. Should reimburse my betting slip too bitches
I don't bet. Are you allowed to take action against the NRL on this stuff?

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve also just watched Annesle’s weekly briefing and as indicated in previous posts he confirmed a try to Kiks should have been awarded.

The key to this is when a player comes into contact with a referee it is not a mutual infringement that the refefee ruled. Annesley also said that if tries like this get disallowed a situation will occur where players use the referee to claim they were obstructed.

He did not refere to Nikora jumping in the air to hit Kiks in the head. To me that was not a careless tackle it was reckless, and Nikora can consider himself lucky to get only 2 weeks.

As TT said in an earlier post we have been on the wrong end of 50/50’s for years. Certainly since Good Friday 2015 at the least. Some of even higher percentages go against us.

Hopefully CC carries through with his comment in the Press Conference to get some clarity on decisions in that game, and he has a meeting with Jared Maxwell at some stage this week,

We can’t let this continue. No team can survive in defence for long periods when the opposition is getting well over 50% of possession for. Period of the game, like Parra did in round 1 and the Sharks to a lesser extent in Round 2.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve also just watched Annesle’s weekly briefing and as indicated in previous posts he confirmed a try to Kiks should have been awarded.

The key to this is when a player comes into contact with a referee it is not a mutual infringement that the refefee ruled. Annesley also said that if tries like this get disallowed a situation will occur where players use the referee to claim they were obstructed.

He did not refere to Nikora jumping in the air to hit Kiks in the head. To me that was not a careless tackle it was reckless, and Nikora can consider himself lucky to get only 2 weeks.

As TT said in an earlier post we have been on the wrong end of 50/50’s for years. Certainly since Good Friday 2015 at the least. Some of even higher percentages go against us.

Hopefully CC carries through with his comment in the Press Conference to get some clarity on decisions in that game, and he has a meeting with Jared Maxwell at some stage this week,

We can’t let this continue. No team can survive in defence for long periods when the opposition is getting well over 50% of possession for. Period of the game, like Parra did in round 1 and the Sharks to a lesser extent in Round 2.
He can't refer to Nikora as he doesn't control what the judiciary comes up with. IMO he should have got 6-8 weeks.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why does the common sense rule only ever seem to apply after the game and after Analslee has looked at it after the official loss to us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Guess we can thank Todd Smith the video ref for that one.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

There was a clown on here trying to say it was a NO TRY and bringing up paragraphs and paragraphs of the rule book. CLOWN!

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really that referee job is to move out of the way they wouldn’t off stopped kikau the ref even moved back how is that disallowed someone please tell me how is does this happen
Graham Annesly confirms it should been awarded a try.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Confirmed by the ref boss himself we got rorted. Massive LOL at the idiots who came out saying it was the correct decision, give yourselves an uppercut.
So we might be getting the rub off the green from now on.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe Annesley is "uneducated" like the rest of us.
It hasn't been a good week for The Kennel with some of the hot takes or should I say cold takes.

We ShOuLd Of KePt KyLe AnD sIgNeD ShAnE, He HaS uLoCkEd KyLe

tHe ReF oBsTrUcTeD tRiNdAlL

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It hasn't been a good week for The Kennel with some of the hot takes or should I say cold takes.

We ShOuLd Of KePt KyLe AnD sIgNeD ShAnE, He HaS uLoCkEd KyLe

tHe ReF oBsTrUcTeD tRiNdAlL
Nor the hot takes about our D being good or effort. Lots of kennel L’s