samonda

New Pup
Reaction score
The ref was easily the best player for the sharks

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Stephen Crichton looks on nervously as the ref dusts off and consults the by-laws from the Romanian Amateur Rugby Association. circa 1278, in an attempt to screw him and his team over in a new and unusual way.

royce

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not once in the history of nrl have I ever seen let alone heard of a try not being awarded because the ref was in the way. What an absolute joke
Further more I have spent atleast half an hour trying to find the last time this happened with the search being “when was the last time a try was disallowed in the nrl because the ref was in the way” and can not find one single thing remotely close to what happened tonight. It’s the next day and I’m still burning about it

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
wasn't a knock on from mulitalo, the kick from talakai is questionable but it is within the rules sadly
When talakai went to kick the ball it hit the ground before his foot - clear knock on unless he was going for a field goal

Mulitalo knocked it on - you can see his fingers bend when the ball grazed them

That was a horrendous call.....Missed me off that much that I turned the TV off and didn't watch the remainder of the game....I have never done that for a Dogs game

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We got grinded to a pulp and leaked points in the final 20 minutes. That is totally on us regardless of how bad the ref was.
I agree
But the game and final score would have been very different if kiks try was rightly awarded.

And the biggest Ref blunder was when taafe was tackled in the air.

Instead of us getting a penalty and marching down field we are defending our line yet again.

It all takes a toll
We were fucked over last night. Plain and simple.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Makes us look weak when we just sit back and let it happen and the kiks "no try" is the breaking point, the club needs to make a issue out of it.

It will either put a end to the bias or it will get worse which is the proof we need.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talaki drops it, then kicks the dropped ball. It got called a 'drop kick'.
Bit weird but maybe in the rules.
Has to kick it before it hits the ground, unless the ref decides it was intended to be a drop kick, in much the same way that a mid air tackle can be interpreted as a knock on.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
C’mon man - that was 2015 - time to stop using ancient excuses from almost a decade ago: we made the finals that year and the following year. The rot set in after that and there’s no point in looking back that far. We’ve had successive issues with leadership and coaching and that made the hole that much deeper. We are on the right track and the fact our defensive resolve is so much better than last year shows it. Unfortunately we still lack talent in key positions and that’s going to take a bit longer to resolve but as for the whole ‘curse’ thing - our fate is in our hands. We’ll get there.
Yes, we will get there.

Right now, every mistake just makes our return look impossible, but there will be a time when things suddenly click - and that won't happen if we keep changing the team and moving players around.

We need to let the team settle in and get used to each other's style of play. How can we expect our players to perform like Penrith if they have a new guy next to them every week?

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taffe saved at least 3 tries on our line , he played tough and probably had his best game so far for us today
Was poor in attack and cant catch a bomb the 2 main priorities needed for a fullback

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m certain they will make something off this I can’t get over how many things were wrong with this refs call he needs to be called out

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m sure if the kikau try was allowed the momentum would’ve kept going our way but that red is a total f wit