Totally ripped off

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Refs are likely to be against us all year. There's nothing new there. We just need to be better. Hard to hold out against bigger packs and biased/corrupt refs. I only heard it on the radio, but sounded like they got a million repeat sets. We did well to keep it level as long as we did. Hopefully it steels us early in the season and we come home strong.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, they are a very well drilled team. And yes, our forwards could not match them for the full 80, so we need to add some starch, but we know that. Our backs had to do a ridiculous amount of work to compensate, which sapped them as well.

But we need to be more clinical in attack when we have good ball, that first half should have ended with us 18-6 up, but lack of execution cost us.

At the end of the day we are still averaging 4 conceeded tries a game, the same as last year. So improvement is yet to be seen on the scoreboard, I think we were performing to a similar level in defence early last year, before the effort levels dropped off. Mahoney was a prime example of that.
Burton could stop those useless bombs on the fifth, and we need to make better use of the ball in our hands.

It's still not getting out to Crichton enough.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We looked competitive for team that is still finding its way.

Up against two top sides at their home grounds. They were bigger units, well drilled, who have played together for some time.

Last year, we would have conceded 40+ in both games.

We'll get there. I don't know what some fans expect.

I think we can win some games as the team settles into its stride.
I disagree Chris sorry man, watch the begging of last year we looked ok also and won a few games. I hate when I hear last year it would have been 40+… how do we know that. How do we know in a few games this team won’t concede 40+…. Mediocre is just accepted with dogs fans these days and it’s embarrassing. These guys are all first grade players… no such thing as gelling! It’s just excuses to avoid the hard questions coaches use. Every team plays a similar system…

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fully agree dude when that back line clicks and it will be dangerous Tracey does need to be full back though

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I disagree Chris sorry man, watch the begging of last year we looked ok also and won a few games. I hate when I hear last year it would have been 40+… how do we know that. How do we know in a few games this team won’t concede 40+…. Mediocre is just accepted with dogs fans these days and it’s embarrassing. These guys are all first grade players… no such thing as gelling! It’s just excuses to avoid the hard questions coaches use. Every team plays a similar system…
We each have our own view of the team. I see a need for improvement, but I'm more confident this season than last season.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I was trying to remember what that penalty was for. He was looking at the ball for most of that. When Ramien goes looking for the ball but takes his eyes off and takes out Taafe, no penalty.
Don't you just love a loophole? That's akin to the shoulder charge rule, whereby as long as there's separation (whatever the fuck that means?) then she's fair game.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If bullfrog was still around we’d get the calls otherwise he’d be straight on the phone up their arses in Phillip street I miss bullfrog

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We used the sapped energy excuse last week. We had ample ball in the first half to put more points on. Should have been well ahead by the 60th minute mark.
I agree.. we definitely lacked that killer blow today.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We each have our own view of the team. I see a need for improvement, but I'm more confident this season than last season.
If we can get our edges firing and well timed support from the centre/wing we'll score plenty. I'm also more confident. It's still going to be a rollercoaster ride I think.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the turning point was Good Friday when we were robbed against Souths. Ever since then we haven’t been the same
Or that. Either way every argument is valid hahahaha, anyway we suck an the repair will never happen with all the shit coaches whom can’t a seem to make a team gel, nrl is just a punters place now, hence why I’m still putting up with this corruption we watch.at least if we lose I still win my bets :hearteyes: